Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New speakers...pointers needed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default New speakers...pointers needed.

I'm a total audio newb but I learn quickly...

I got these on the black friday sale:
CDT Audio Door Speakers: CL-61CV.2
CDT Audio Sail Panel Subwoofers: HD-6M DV

Now I installed the sail panel subs but I noticed that in comparison to the OE Delcos, these sound weak. I have a stock headunit and no amplifier running to the setup. I noticed that they have a pair of + and - terminals on the subs (top and bottom). Do I need to run a jumper wire to the other side to get them working properly?

Is that the issue or do I need to run an amp? I just wanted stock style replacement speakers as my old ones were rattling/popping like crazy. I plan on installing the door speakers tomorrow, until then I have just kept the radio off because of the balance being way off.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:22 AM
BS
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look in the first post of this thread. You need to cut the plugs and wires off the factory speaker and wire them like the first picture :

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ll-w-pics.html
Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Those speakers are intended for Monsoon system replacements and I'm guessing you have a base 4-speaker system instead. If you had a Monsoon system, you would find two pairs of speaker wires on each side to match up with the two pairs of terminals on the speakers.

Quick Reply: New speakers...pointers needed.