Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp recommendation for Kee Audio package

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Amp recommendation for Kee Audio package

Hey everyone
I have a 2002 Trans Am and it's time to replace the audio. I'm really leaning towards going with Kee Audios "Ultra High End" package. The speakers included are the CDT EU-61CV 6.5" (doors), CDT HD-6MSUB 6.5" (sail panel), CDT CL-40 4" (hatch).

It then mentions...
"Will work and fit with the stock system, but aftermarket amplification recommended for optimal sound quality and full benefit of this speaker system."

So my question is, what would be a good amp to use with this speaker setup along with the stock headunit? I may get a new head unit (later though) but this will most likely be my final audio upgrade (no subs...for now )
Thanks for your input and I'm open for suggestions as well
Old 02-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked out the special deals portion of Kee's site? There's two CDT options that include an amp (one of them has a sub, which I know you said you don't want now, but it's something to think about).

Other than that, a price range you would be willing to spend on this amp would help.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Kee Audio standard speaker package and the CDT sub, it's a nice combo. I'd suggest giving Ian a call.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the JL XD600/6 is about the only amp that will allow you to have one amp for all 3 sets of speakers (6 channels total) on one amp, but for the same money I'd rather do a pair of Alpine MRX-F30's and bridge one of them to your fronts and use the other for both rears...thats about the least expensive route without sacrificing quality
Old 02-19-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the info! I'll look into those you suggested

Quick Reply: Amp recommendation for Kee Audio package