Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rebuilding Stereo....way too many options, need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rebuilding Stereo....way too many options, need some help.

Well, about 1.5 months ago someone decided the stereo in my car, along with all other aftermarket goodies(as well as all the tools in my garage) would better suit in their possession. So, it's still to start putting together another system.

What I had before, and I will add that I don't even know if I liked my system or not. As I just finished installing all the items, and barely had time to listen to it. But, here is a list of what I had/have.

Kenwood HU Excelon X995
CDT 626 Components in Doors-Still Have
Bazookas in the Sails-Still have.
Rear fills removed
Alpine Type-R 10" Sub
Sub Thump Passenger side Enclosure
Kicker ZX 550.3, this powered the fronts and sub
And a 4 gauge 4 channel amp kit

So, again nothing amazing for a system, just an average setup. I'm thinking I'd like to stick with a single DIN, as I'll get another HU Mount kit. I still have the door speakers and sail speakers. I'm not really impressed with the CDT speakers, so I've considered replacing them, but not for a while. I would like to go with a 5 channel amp to power all the speakers. I might even stick with the same HU as before. It seemed like a pretty nice unit.

Price I would see getting up to the $1000 area. I want good sound quality and don't need a crap load of bass. The single 10" was perfectly fine for me.

So, basically what I need is a new HU, Sub, Amp and wiring kit. But, I liked the KnuConeptz kit I got, so I'll do that again.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding Stereo....way too many options, need some help.