Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need help with shock sensor for alarm in trans am

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with shock sensor for alarm in trans am

My trans am once locked, the alarm will go off if a louder car is parked next to me and starts. In the spare tire compartment there is a shock sensor box. I tried to move it all the way coubter clock wise to see if it would help without anyluck. Do you guys have any idea on how i can make it less sensitive? Thanks
Old 06-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

If you have already turned down the sensitivity as far as it will go, your only option is to unplug the sensor. Sometimes they suffer from moisture intrusion and can be dried out much like drying a cell phone but your symptoms don't match what usually happens with moisture. You can leave the sensor unplugged and the rest of the alarm system will still function - otherwise you may need to replace it. A new sensor is about $50 from the dealer, somewhat less online.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't find the part number through a dealer or online. Do you know the number? It is unplugged for now. I read up and i am having similar symptoms to what others had. Its just the box is to sensitive.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Part number is 10444928.

Others with moisture problems experience false alarms mostly at random. You have alarms because of external factors such as vibration from another car. That indicates that the sensor is too sensitive but not necessarily the common moisture problem. The difference is that drying yours probably won't help... you'll likely have to replace it.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Easy enough. Thanks man

Quick Reply: need help with shock sensor for alarm in trans am