Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless entry/BCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Keyless entry/BCM

Hi from France.

I have a Camaro V6 2000 3.8 since last year without keyless entry, and it's annoying ahah.

​​​I have a ----681 BCM without alarm and Keyless entry. But I have power lock doors and, I just installed the rear hatch actuator and switch 'cause I was pre-wired. So I would buy an used BCM ----691 BCM with my VATS code. But the guy says to me it may be not working with the just the BCM, because I not may be pre-wired for send the information to the actuator door lock??

How check if I have everything but the right BCM? Because a BCM is costly to import, and we don't have Camaro in jackyard here do take the parts.. So I won't buy one for not working, it's seem normal.

Thanks, for the informations!

A bientôt !

Guillaume

Last edited by Guillaume Malaquin; 04-30-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Guillaume Malaquin
Hi from France.

I have a Camaro V6 2000 3.8 since last year without keyless entry, and it's annoying ahah.

​​​I have a ----681 BCM without alarm and Keyless entry. But I have power lock doors and, I just installed the rear hatch actuator and switch 'cause I was pre-wired. So I would buy an used BCM ----691 BCM with my VATS code. But the guy says to me it may be not working with the just the BCM, because I not may be pre-wired for send the information to the actuator door lock??

How check if I have everything but the right BCM? Because a BCM is costly to import, and we don't have Camaro in jackyard here do take the parts.. So I won't buy one for not working, it's seem normal.

Thanks, for the informations!

A bientôt !

Guillaume

I have done this swap (681 to 691 BCM) a couple of times without a problem. 98-02 f-bodies (don't know about other years) are pre-wired and are good to go. If you need further help or a bcm PM me.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Ok thanks JOHNNY59, I bought one 691 UPL, coded for my VATS. I will see when it come from Florida to France (~8-13th May). I'll keep you tuned, thanks you !

A bientôt !

Guillaume
Old 05-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not intending to hijack the thread but how do you tell which BCM you have?

Just bought a 99 Firebird as a project / toy and it has power locks and such but no key fob. Would like to get one and get it all back to working as it should.

Edit: Found the answer here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ess-entry.html

Last edited by BigFellor; 05-11-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Hi everyone !

I just received mine BCM today, installed in 20 minutes and it's work great ! The actuators move and the rear hatch pop up in the programming mode

Thanks !

Quick Reply: Keyless entry/BCM