Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

#7 fuse blows when fob is used.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default #7 fuse blows when fob is used.....

I locked my doors the other night manually, and when I came out and unlocked them, I forgot to put my key in the ignition in a timely manner and the alarm went off. It blew the #7 fuse. I replaced it, my new fob came the next day, I programmed it with no problems. Soon as I locked the doors with the fob it blew the fuse. Now every time I try to lock it, it blows #7. Any ideas? 2000 SS 6 speed car.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There are two things that come to mind related to that fuse and locking/unlocking... one is the shock sensor and the other is the flashing of the parking lights via the theft deterrent relay. Get yourself a supply of fuses for testing then unplug the shock sensor (under the right quarter panel trim in front of the spare tire) and see if locking/unlocking still blows the fuse. If that doesn't solve the problem, try unplugging the theft deterrent relay. It is much more difficult to access as it is attached to the airbag module bracket in the dash above the glove box. An alternative might be to reprogram the system so that it doesn't flash the lights when arming/disarming the system then see if the fuse still blows when locking with the remote.

Quick Reply: #7 fuse blows when fob is used.....