Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Passenger side head light just stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side head light just stopped working

So I bought a set of HIDs over the weekend installed them an worked fine for about 3days. Then the driver side headlamp stopped working. I switched the bulbs to determine if it was the bulb or the ballast an the light worked so i assumes it was the ballast. The vendor was nice enough to send out a free replacement ballast. Hooked everything back up turned them on, the driver side flashed like it took a picture an never came back on again.. ANY HELP ON WHERE TO START.. READY TO JUST INSTALL THE STOCK BULBS AN SAY FORGET IT BUT THE ROADS ARE SO DARK OUT HERE I REALLY WOULD KIKE TO KEEP THEM.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 355 Likes on 324 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Moving to Stereo and Electronics.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 355 Likes on 324 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Please provide details about the kit and parts being used here? Are we talking about a direct-from-China ebay kit or is this a domestic manufacturer?

Please confirm the car and model year we are talking about. (That makes a BIG difference with regard to headlights.)
Old 08-03-2019, 03:24 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Have you tried swapping ballasts left to right to see if the issue follows the original or new ballast or stays on the same side? HID has a spike in current draw on turn-on. Maybe you need a relay wire harness.