Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

System install

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System install

a few weeks back 3 of my buddies and myself decided it was time to install all my stero stuff that i had been collecting for about 6months. We did this better than proffesionally! I began taking everything out of the car Seats, seatbelts, consule, and the entire carpet. It looked like a tin bucket by the time i was through. We ran all the new 16gauge speaker wire through the front door rubber grommets and down the sides back to the amp while insulating all the aftermarket wire in plastic conduate. After running all the speaker wire and the RCA (3 of them total) cables to to amp we installed all the speakers (4 Alpine SPS-170s) 2 front door and the other 2 went on the back seat sides. I let the stock 3.5" tweeter in the hatch and then installed my 10" MTX thunderform. Put the headunit in and put the car back together after running the AMP power cable. Once everything was together we just disconnected and took out the Monsoon AMP and headunit. Then installed the MTX 5channel amp 900Watts! wired up the sub and I set the 2+2 back speakers to rear while setting the front door and the rear hatch speakers to front/ highs. so 7 speakers total and OMG did it turn out amazing!!! I used the Pioneer 7200 HeadUnit. Whole new car. Now all i need is the Pac SWX steering wheel control module to finished it off! Any ? feel free to PM me!
Old 01-20-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any pictures? Good job man,.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:39 AM
TECH Addict

picts