Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new amp

ok a i got a new 4 chanel amp. i have stock hu, alpine speakers and tweeters, stock mid bass witch im gonna change and stock back speakers that are staying.

should i keep the monsoon amp to jus run the back and add the new amp for the front and mid? or

have new amp run it all? how would i wire it this way?

the stock amp does it has everything already there to plug into the new amp or do i have to buy ne thing or run anything else?

thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

If your are changing the mid bass drivers, just use the new amp on all the speakers.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

does it connect to the stock hu no problem?
Old 01-23-2005, 06:06 AM
Launching!

I ran my 4 channel amp the following way. front channels to front speakers, and rears to my sub. this is running off the stock stereo with line convertors, so I left all the rear speakers connected to the stock monsoon and the result is nmot bad, I have to turn the fader more to the back because the new amp is much much louder, and so I turned the fader just enough to provide a rear fill to give extra sound, so its not to loud, and the sub is turned up pretty loud this way I can turn down the bass on the headunit, which means the stokc subs will not push to much and ruin the nice soud-since they sound muddy, this way they produce just a little bit of sound.