Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD Deck question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Deck question

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1099388424944

Im going to be installing this on my 96 camaro rs, i think it still has the stock speakers it comes with. Will there be any problems if I do this?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

i ask this question because the manual said something about not puting it with low ohm speaks 1-3 and only use high ohm speakers 4-8

i read somewhere that the speakers on camaros are 2 ohms
Old 01-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Launching!

they are only 2 ohm to the monsoon amp.. I think(if i am wrong I'm sure someone will correct me)

should work fine though. besides pioneer's own speakers are usually hover around 3 ohms.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:33 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

should work... if you have the monsoon you may want to read up and either consider bypassing the factory amp, rewiring the speakers and/or replacing them altogether... but in some monsoon systems you can hook up an aftermarket deck with relatively no problems. you may have issues with volume, but its a case by case basis.

the BEST thing to do if its a monsoon is to replace the speakers and do some rewiring... it'll save you issues in the long run and give you a better sound, although it may cost you more money up front. check out the stickys at the top of the thread and/or do a search for some previous topics to help you out a little further..

then again, did camaros in 96 even have monsoon? lol, maybe my long post was for nothing....