Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Are these any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are these any good?

I just got a '00 silverado that I will be driving quite a bit, so I'm planning on getting a new audio system that i can plug my iPod into and stuff, but the only problem is I'm a complete newb when it comes to audio stuff.... lol. I'm not really sure what to get, or even what I need to get to make it better, beside a certain obvious thing. lol. Then i realized, I have two almost brand new 12" 500W Pioneer TS-W303C's sitting in my garage not being used. I got them last year with a Navajo that I bought, but have never used them for anything. lol. Are those decent? I was thinking that would save quite a bit of money for me, and I'm looking for a good price/performance out of this since I don't want to put a whole ton of money into it. What do you think of those? Here's a link if you want to take a look: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...TS-W303C?tab=B
Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look to be a decent subwoofer. Personally haven't heard them but the price is right!! Why not just use them and see how they sound since you already have them. Use a decent amp with them and they should be fine.
Couple that with a good multimedia head unit for your iPod. I have several from Clarion and JVC that are more budget minded but nice and if your looking for more out of it the 9884 Alpine is a good choice as well.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i can get away with a nice sounding system using a single cheap-*** $30 10" subwoofer from Best Buy (the brand is called "Dual"), then you can get away with using those.

of course, i have some not-so-cheap Infinity speakers up front, which is what the majority of the sound comes from, but the sub i'm using is ok for what i need it for. i don't want bass that you can hear from a mile away, and this sub definitely won't deliver that....but it does a decent enough job of filling in the low frequencies for my tastes for now.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Ok, well I think I'll be trying these out too. My opinion is kinda like yours 02Z28LS1. I don't want to be one of those guys with the windows that seem like they should be shattering or anything, that would ruin the music for me. I just want better sound, and that includes more and better bass. Not so much of it that it drowns out the rest of it though . This would be basically 100% rock and metal coming out of them, so obviously the midrange and higer notes a just a little important too . haha
Old 04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

You certainly aren't going to be busting any windows and winning any competitions with them, but they'll work. Do you already have an amp? If you don't, these will save you some money because you only have to buy a class D mono amp that'll do 250-300rms at 2ohms to power them well! You can find a good one like that at a lot of places. Personally, I don't like Pioneer subs, but if I remember right, I think their big subwoofer holds a world record for SPL right now.

Check out this one:

(non-sponsor link removed)

or this one:

(non-sponsor link removed)

There are some nice deals out there for sure. I wouldn't cheap out on an amp, though. It's an important part of getting good sound.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 04-01-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:56 PM
12 Second Club

Im sure theyll sound just fine. besides if you already have them try em and let everyone no how they do. Just buy a nice amp to go with it!