Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

08 Tbss Vs 04 Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Tbss Vs 04 Ram 1500

I sold my old RCSB Hemi ram 2wd to a buddy of mine after the motor let go and i picked up a 08TBSS....of course we had to run them.
The first time we ran his mods were CAI, TB Spacer, 4:56 gears, and a muffler. Needless to say, I drug his *** bad but he told me he would be back for more.
Well his idea of more was a 6.1L Cam, 6.1 pushrods and springs, and a superchips flashpaq. After pulling an all nighter to get his mods put on we finally got a chance to run them. Race went like this
First run 20mph roll: I got a slight jump and it stayed even till he bounced off the limiter on the 1-2 shift.
Second run 30 mph roll: We hit it at the same time and it stayed dead even till he ran out of second gear around 90mph...then i walked away.
Third run 10mph roll: Pretty much identical to to run number 2.
Never did get a dig run in but im pretty impressed at how much he gained from a baby cam and the superchips. Next up for him is longtubes, highflow cats, and a magnaflow catback and possibly puttin the truck on the jug. might have to pull the Trans Am out for that race
Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

good runs, sounds like you guys had some fun.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Good kill.

You need to get a good tune and converter. You will absolutely murder him; from a dig or roll. It will be really ugly for him from a dig.

You will be shocked how much faster the TBSS is with a tune and converter. In many cases close to 1 second quicker in the 1/4.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slohemi
I sold my old RCSB Hemi ram 2wd to a buddy of mine after the motor let go and i picked up a 08TBSS....of course we had to run them.
The first time we ran his mods were CAI, TB Spacer, 4:56 gears, and a muffler. Needless to say, I drug his *** bad but he told me he would be back for more.
Well his idea of more was a 6.1L Cam, 6.1 pushrods and springs, and a superchips flashpaq. After pulling an all nighter to get his mods put on we finally got a chance to run them. Race went like this
First run 20mph roll: I got a slight jump and it stayed even till he bounced off the limiter on the 1-2 shift.
Second run 30 mph roll: We hit it at the same time and it stayed dead even till he ran out of second gear around 90mph...then i walked away.
Third run 10mph roll: Pretty much identical to to run number 2.
Never did get a dig run in but im pretty impressed at how much he gained from a baby cam and the superchips. Next up for him is longtubes, highflow cats, and a magnaflow catback and possibly puttin the truck on the jug. might have to pull the Trans Am out for that race
why was he reving all the way to 7000 rpm's? how did he without a tune?
anyways sounds like a good time been awile since ive raced someone in my dodge