Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

95 z28 vs 06 altima SE-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
You're right. Everyone should HAVE to like imports, after all, thats only fair to everyone who drives an import. Wouldn't want to hurt any riceboy's precious feelings, thats not nice.

Get a life, not everyone shares the same opinions, especially not on a Domestic forum.
Hating on a import simply because it's an import is purely retarded. American cars are garbage. You should be hating on them.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, from the sound of that video you could really use a set of gears. I take it you have an M6? If so, a set of 4.10's would be the greatest mod you've ever done
Old 10-23-2008, 03:05 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
"VERY strong"?? Its going to be just like the 350Z or G35, the VQ engine doesn't respond "very strongly" to mods at all. With an intake, tune, and exhaust you might gain a couple tenths in the 1/4 AT BEST, nothing I would consider to be "very strong"
I'd say a FWD V6 family sedan that can trap 102-104mph is pretty strong. Unless of course you think an LS4 MC/Impala or LT1 F-body/Corvette is weak.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP, it sounds like you are on the right track. Like someone said we are only trying to help you get to the bottom of why your car isn't up to par for what it should be running. One of the main problems I had was the opti's but you will know when it is bad. I would keep checking for water from the water pump to be dripping out the bottom because GM designed it to take out the opti when it goes bad. If you catch it before it causes damage it will save you a good chunk of change. I forgot what year you have but if its pre 95 it is not a vented opti and you need to convert to the 95-97 opti so it will be vented (I think even later 94's had vented optis). As stated, plugs, wires, fuel filter, TUNE IT, make sure 02's are running correctly, etc. Once you get all the bugs out go take that altima out and post the video of it!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirkdiggler350
havnt done a tune up yet but went out and bought some stuff today, oil , filters, pads , plugs. The exhaust was on the car when i bought it, hooker long tubes, magnaflow highflow cats, then 18 inch glasspacks, with no crossover.

When i do the exhaust over i wanna run the same headers and cats with a dr.gas X and either 2.5 inch magnaflow or dynomax bullets with a 6 inch case. Ive heard cars with 4 inch case muffler but there to raspy. I would spring for borla XR-1's but there to much.

Ill get another video soon, this was my first race, just wanted to get used to the car, not making excuses or anything but the car is deff fast. before this car i had a 88 gt 306, b cam, gt-40 heads typical mustang bolt ons and this car is deff faster i just need to get used to it.
sounds good man, let us know how it goes.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackTTC6
Hating on a import simply because it's an import is purely retarded. American cars are garbage. You should be hating on them.
I'm just going to assume you're kidding.

Quick Reply: 95 z28 vs 06 altima SE-R