Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 VS B18 civic hatch video

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I' m only assuming he had a B18B didn't pop his hood. I know this guy very well he changes engines like most ppl change shoes. Might explain being 2 days late for the race IDK?

He lost to a CAI, Full exhaust, DR 2002 Mustang GT 5spd vert by only a car so he might have something else. The same mustang i raced awhile back.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Teching In

In case anyone thinks that LT1 needs a driver mod heres him vs 98 cobra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsqh_V-DZKo
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quick Sh0t xMLx
It all depends really. A lot of it has to do with the driver, motor condition, and trans. A lot more than you'd think. Have a friend he had a B20 Vtec setup(GSR head) and the usual bolt ons in a EG coupe and his best run was like 9.6(1/8th) with a normal trap. Now he has a EG hatch with a B18 setup(LS block GSR head) and his best run is 9.4. Now flip over to this dude I know who used to have a fairly stripped CRX with a B18C5(Hype R) and he was running 8.7s with just a CAI and exhaust.

These all-motor cars are really a toss up. They can run anywhere from high 13s to mid 15s constantly. I have a few Honda friends(most are turboed) so I've seen a bit of what they can do. Some NA cars can surprise you but for the most part they are just slow.

To the OP if he really had a B18B with the stock head(not Vtak) that **** is slow. Like 140 hp crank.
b18b with bolt ons is still better then a b16a. A good trans on the b18, cams, and tune, and that **** is running with a b18c1, for a lot cheaper. Most N/A hondas suck though...I think they don't really make power untill LS/VTEC, or CRVTEC, or cam upgrades. Untill the major internal mods, they are just decent DD's that can trap in the high 90's.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
b18b with bolt ons is still better then a b16a. A good trans on the b18, cams, and tune, and that **** is running with a b18c1, for a lot cheaper. Most N/A hondas suck though...I think they don't really make power untill LS/VTEC, or CRVTEC, or cam upgrades. Untill the major internal mods, they are just decent DD's that can trap in the high 90's.
I agree. From what I've seen there is a major difference in speeds depending on what trans they used. Kind of like RWD cars when they go from like a 2.73 to a 4.10 but bigger lol.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate the sound of ******* civic im glad that im quicker then majority of them so i dont have to sit behind him and hear the piece of **** exhaust
Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Teching In

I agree. From what I've seen there is a major difference in speeds depending on what trans they used. Kind of like RWD cars when they go from like a 2.73 to a 4.10 but bigger lol.
Most lsvtec crvtec swaps aren't reliable especially the B20VTEC.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Teching In

This hatch smoked my other friends 2000 civic SI by about 2.5- 3 cars all the SI has is aem cai , exhaust
Old 10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Man, this sound is why I hate so much those cars. Ugly, slow with the worst sound ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever...ever.
Why anyone in the world would like this??????...sry I had to tell, this sound is really annoying TO ME.

thanks for not losing to him...wait, does it matter? no because hes already telling he won after the lost!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Man, this sound is why I hate so much those cars. Ugly, slow with the worst sound ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever...ever.
Why anyone in the world would like this??????...sry I had to tell, this sound is really annoying TO ME.

thanks for not losing to him...wait, does it matter? no because hes already telling he won after the lost!!!
His buddies are Well if he wants a real a^^ kickin this time for $$$ They'll most likely find another RICE bucket to race or the big bad red GT thats already lost to ME TWICE .
Old 10-23-2008, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

wow thanks for the best videos you actully see a car for about 3 seconds
Old 10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
***Repost Police***

It all depends really. A lot of it has to do with the driver, motor condition, and trans. A lot more than you'd think. Have a friend he had a B20 Vtec setup(GSR head) and the usual bolt ons in a EG coupe and his best run was like 9.6(1/8th) with a normal trap. Now he has a EG hatch with a B18 setup(LS block GSR head) and his best run is 9.4. Now flip over to this dude I know who used to have a fairly stripped CRX with a B18C5(Hype R) and he was running 8.7s with just a CAI and exhaust.

These all-motor cars are really a toss up. They can run anywhere from high 13s to mid 15s constantly. I have a few Honda friends(most are turboed) so I've seen a bit of what they can do. Some NA cars can surprise you but for the most part they are just slow.

To the OP if he really had a B18B with the stock head(not Vtak) that **** is slow. Like 140 hp crank.
I don't understand those times... I was running consistent 9.7s in my stock 150k+ mile '94 GS-R.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:17 AM

Put the camera in the car or don't bother posting it. It's the same as people who post a dyno video with no numbers
Old 10-27-2008, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Put the camera in the car or don't bother posting it. It's the same as people who post a dyno video with no numbers
ya and it seems like about 80% dont ever show the nuumbers.. it sucks

Quick Reply: LT1 VS B18 civic hatch video