Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Props to the M3 guy...

Old 11-24-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Props to the M3 guy...

...for not giving up.

I came up pretty quick on a brand new silver M3. When he saw the HID's in his mirror,..something must have sparked inside him/her. The car(we were both in left hand lane), makes a lane change and trys to take off, I follow in pursuit, simply kinda just roping in this car with, ease. I'd gas it, 4th gear,..car would accelerate,..spin a tad, i'd pedal, and coast right up on his bumper. Did this several times, just kinda messing with him since there wasn't really a spot to pass.

Road opens up,..he darts to the left,.. I go right, I motor by him, I take advantage of the wide open stretch, and stay into it for a while. Must of been about 100yards back,...that the M3 was.

After a couple of miles,...I coast back down to very low, triple digit speeds, and cruise. I watch, in my mirrors as off in a distance, I see a familar set of HID's coming up behind me again. It's coming up quicker now,...oh wait, it's the bimmer again,...****, he's coming fast,....downshift,...3rd gear,...he could pass me but, instead he stays in my lane, coming up very fast now and closing, probably about 40mph faster then I was, ...I punch it in 3rd,...the cargrips, then blows the tires off as I reach 5k rpm...I grab 4th... instant grab and pull,...upper rpms slight feathering of the throttle as the car spins just a little,...enough to lift about 20% or somthing close(barely)...meanwhile, I look in my mirror, and the M3 has faded back badly again,...I decide to shift to 5th, lazely at that, still, the car gets into boost, and just starts to pull. I didn't look at the speed,...I didn't care. The windows were down, and there was far too much going on.

The M3 flashed it's lights at me about 6 times,...then slowed, and exited. That'd be about the 10th M3 that i've came across on the highway,..which would make it about the tenth one i've raced. The guys must be puriest, and I give them props for always being willing to throw some punches.

Good times.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We gonna get a video of the beast anytime?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chavez885
We gonna get a video of the beast anytime?

Yes.

Just hard to get with people, plan something, and have a camera at the same time. I'm more then down to video,..just gota work around everyone schedule.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Yes.

Just hard to get with people, plan something, and have a camera at the same time. I'm more then down to video,..just gota work around everyone schedule.
Yea i understand...
Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Very nice Jamie, they are excellent cars (to snack on). Actually, they are excellent cars regardless.

You going up to PBIR (Morosso) anytime soon? Probably not, you'd get booted on the first pass.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Very nice Jamie, they are excellent cars (to snack on). Actually, they are excellent cars regardless.

You going up to PBIR (Morosso) anytime soon? Probably not, you'd get booted on the first pass.

I actually wanted to go tonight but, I need to buy and install a battery on/off switch in order to be "offical" since I relocated my battery in the trunk. I'm more then down to go, just to go. It's been a long time. Last time I went to the track it was heads and cam(with spray) and the first pass on motor I had a rod failure, and coasted to an 11.90 @ 118mph shutting it down as soon as I was done in 3rd. I'm not even worried about launching the car hard, I just want some clean passes.

Everyone is happy with the track. My friend wavrdr just went 10.1 on his 402 spray (only 150 shot) C5 Z06. So, it's working. If I had the battery fixed, I would have gone.

You wanna go sometime? Sure I can round up a few more cars to meet up or ride up. Maybe sometime soon, ..let me know.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:31 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I actually wanted to go tonight but, I need to buy and install a battery on/off switch in order to be "offical" since I relocated my battery in the trunk. I'm more then down to go, just to go. It's been a long time. Last time I went to the track it was heads and cam(with spray) and the first pass on motor I had a rod failure, and coasted to an 11.90 @ 118mph shutting it down as soon as I was done in 3rd. I'm not even worried about launching the car hard, I just want some clean passes.

Everyone is happy with the track. My friend wavrdr just went 10.1 on his 402 spray (only 150 shot) C5 Z06. So, it's working. If I had the battery fixed, I would have gone.

You wanna go sometime? Sure I can round up a few more cars to meet up or ride up. Maybe sometime soon, ..let me know.

Lets do that. When you decide to go, or when I decide to go, lets shoot each other a PM and head out. I want to go have some fun without breaking anything.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

raced one from a dig couple months ago, after 6-8 car lengths i let go of gas. i was told he did full exhaust soon after.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Lets do that. When you decide to go, or when I decide to go, lets shoot each other a PM and head out. I want to go have some fun without breaking anything.

Cool, going to Murray's today in Miami, they are having a black friday sale,..going to buy my battery KILL switch, so, woo hoo,..until I can run some good times, i'll be legal enough to pass tech. Which is all I care about. Don't want to break anything either, so, i'm gonna ***** foot off the line, run a 2.0/2 something 60 foot,...and try and go some decent times, for a car, that I didn't design to launch.

Can't wait.

Had some fun last night,...i'll post later but, it involves a fast as hell ford GT and a 03+ cobra.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bigpapi211
raced one from a dig couple months ago, after 6-8 car lengths i let go of gas. i was told he did full exhaust soon after.

nice...
Old 12-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Shouldn't you be racing C6Zs or bikes or something?
Old 12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill....These are the times you wish you had some video
Old 12-03-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

i would love to get a camera stand in the passenger seat
Old 12-05-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Shouldn't you be racing C6Zs or bikes or something?

I'm sorry.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
Nice kill....These are the times you wish you had some video

Yeah, more so for that Ford Gt I raced though. THAT, would have been a great video.

Search this Thread