Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Speeding is Bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the_merv
Damn.. **** happens I guess. I've had my share of Tickets..some were BS, but I got off of all of them pretty easy.
You being overseas and in the military though Merv, when a cop pulls you over you might as well tell him to get on em Im sure he would understand. lol.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you to some degree regarding the original poster. It sucks you got caught. When you go and have fun on the street you have to know you are responsible for your actions. I race on the street it is late at night and innocent bystanders are not around. That being said I am completely aware that if I got caught doing 100 or over it sucks, but it was your choice. Best recommendation is to get nitrous, get faster by another mean. If you don't want to take the chance then don't speed on the highway or on public roads. I can't believe the kinds of responses in here. You would think we were in the general section.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slvrlt1er
Yeah man, Im 17 and I got a speeding ticket for driving 50 in a 35 crossing an intersection when i was really going like 10 but like they say "Cops tell it as they see it".
I'm no law expert, but I'm pretty sure there's a burden of proof, and if you were actually going the speed limit or well under it then you can fight it in court.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokin2001formula
Best recommendation is to get nitrous, get faster by another mean.
What does nitrous have to do with this?

I can't believe the kinds of responses in here. You would think we were in the general section.
Word. There are a bunch of hippies in here. I don't go hang out in the Camaro lounge because I don't own a Camaro. Some of the posters in this thread seem to be adamantly against street racing but they still come to the SR&KS.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

I dont think i've really sped (100+) since i got pulled over doing 125. I didnt have to pay a dime, and i dont my luck will hold out a second time. Dont get me wrong, i still have fun
Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Word. There are a bunch of hippies in here. I don't go hang out in the Camaro lounge because I don't own a Camaro. Some of the posters in this thread seem to be adamantly against street racing but they still come to the SR&KS.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the guy that posted in here that has a white z28 in his sig with black wheels was bashing me pretty hardcore about street racing, yet he posts in every thread in this section?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

He will learn!! I used to be the same way and have ALOT of stories also!!! It took me 5 years and $12,000 dollars to get past mine!! But I've been out of trouble for about 5 years now...
Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Default Ohio Laws

In Ohio speeding is a minor misdemeanor, which is usually around $100. (Also depends how much over and what court costs are). If you get another one within a year it raises it to a M4. Every cite after that within a year keeps raising it (M3,M2,M1). Ohio also has what is commonly referred to as "Reckless Operation" which is now only a MM...and the same as speed it goes up with everyone you get within the year. But a section does exsist solely for "Street Racing" which is a M1...max penalty 6 months in jail and $1000 fine. If you have two prior convictions for SR the PD that stopped you on the third one can seize your car if convicted.

Also you said you were doing over 100 and you had traffic all around you? Hell you got what you had coming, probably should have got more. You want to kill yourself fine, don't do it where you can take someone or some family out.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Shoulda kept in it and took the nearest off ramp. Especially if it was a shitass Crown Vic.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Exactly my thought. ***** to the wall put him out of sight. Get off at next ramp and avoid a whole freight train of ****
Old 12-04-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Red96TA
Yea, the guy that posted in here that has a white z28 in his sig with black wheels was bashing me pretty hardcore about street racing, yet he posts in every thread in this section?
Sound like you're talking to me so I'll respond. Again, you weren't racing anyone, you've been caught 13 times and you're 18.

But, sounds like you've learned your lesson this time from reading your posts, just slow down and try to be more careful and aware of your speed buddy.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Red96TA
You being overseas and in the military though Merv, when a cop pulls you over you might as well tell him to get on em Im sure he would understand. lol.
I will say that the Military part has reduced the offense on a few occasions.

It saved me from going to Jail on a Street Racing Ticket, I just got Reckless, $400 paid in full, not on the Record at all.

I've gone to the DD Course twice to get Tickets reduced, and both times I paid the little fee and got the Probation, and didn't get a Ticket within the 6 Months.
Coming over here I was on Probation for one, it was a Careless Driving out on one of the backroads behind the AFB on the way home on one sunday morning after I got off work. No one else was on the road, I was giving it a little on the flats and hitting the curves, and I guess the cop was chasing me for about a mile and a half..lol He wanted to give me a Reckless and Prohibited, but I was in Uniform and that is why he reduced it. I think it cost me $135, 6 Months Probation.

For every one that I have ever gotten, none have gone on my NY Drivers Record. That's part of the reason I don't have an Arkansas DL, from what I have heard from some AR Cops that I know, the process to go through NY to file a Ticket is a paperwork nightmare, and as long as it gets paid, they leave it alone and dont want to deal with it.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Exactly my thought. ***** to the wall put him out of sight. Get off at next ramp and avoid a whole freight train of ****

OK Plaxico lol.. speaking from my own experience trying to run when i was 17..why make a bad situation worse? risk the chance of being charged with Eluding and doing 5yrs instead of 2 days? or worse, if it results in someone, even the cop, getting injured or killed?

just pull over, apologize, and hope for the best.. use your head, sometimes the "right thing to do" is the right thing to do. we were all young and felt invincible once, then we grew up, one day you guys will to
Old 12-04-2008, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

You have a right to your opinion Tony. Now leave me to mine and just respect other people's opinion regardless of whether you agree with it or not.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

You have a right to your opinion Tony. Now leave me to mine and just respect other people's opinion regardless of whether you agree with it or not.
i do respect all opinions and in my post I explained "from my own personal experience" when they DID catch me, the cop roughed me up quite a bit and i never complained a minute, knowing the alternative was jail time... if i had to do it all over again i would've pulled over and took the tickets, not the tickets and the beat down and numerous phone calls from relatives and friends to those in charge NOT to go to jail..
telling someone to take off, already going over 100mph is reckless ten times over man, i highly doubt you will have many backers of that mentality, unless they're young and inexperienced (or fell like there's no stopping them.) but you are entitled to your "opinion" hopefully you don't learn the hard way. take care.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

How old are you?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

Ibtl..
Old 12-04-2008, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Not trying to stir any **** up. We had different points of view and we both agreed everybody has their own opinion. That's it nothing big here. Not gonna be a big internet tough guy battle or anything. LMFAO. Chavez I am 23.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CNTLOSE

Also you said you were doing over 100 and you had traffic all around you? Hell you got what you had coming, probably should have got more. You want to kill yourself fine, don't do it where you can take someone or some family out.
There was a bunch of traffic behind me, and a bunch up about quarter mile or so. I was in between all of it. I should have worded my original post a little more clearly. I dont speed and cut in and out of traffic that is just stupid. I am a pretty level headed kid. I just like to go fast. Or did.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
Sound like you're talking to me so I'll respond. Again, you weren't racing anyone, you've been caught 13 times and you're 18.

But, sounds like you've learned your lesson this time from reading your posts, just slow down and try to be more careful and aware of your speed buddy.
Like I said, two were speeding tickets. The rest are tint, exhaust, etc...
The LT1 in my sig had open headers for a year. No shop would weld up true duals to it, and I didnt want to run a Y. That attracted cops like a magnet. Its not that I wanted to obnoxious, hell I hated it. But I did not want anything but a dual setup and I spent many days away from school in court because of that. I finally wised up and sold the car, open headers and all .

And also your going to tell me that the only time you have done over 100 in your car was when you were racing someone? Because if not, you have no justification or credibility to be bashing for me speeding when not racing someone. Going fast gives you an adrenaline rush. Thats why most people do it. However, if you have never sped unless racing someone then I commend you Chavez. You have withstood the urge that 98% of the people on this board cant.

Last edited by Red96TA; 12-04-2008 at 05:25 PM.