Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my corvette is for sale and my viper is not. that is all......
Old 02-04-2009, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FAST FREDDY
my corvette is for sale and my viper is not. that is all......
well you drive a couple fords too that just goes to show how smart you really are

jaaaaay kaaaaay

well only kinda. . .
Old 02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Killemall, you seem to have some ego issues...

Why does it matter what other people think about your damn car? It really doesn't.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Also, while this point is meaningless in the street kill section, several people have mentioned that the 08 SRT10 viper is radically faster then a C6Z on a track (roadcourse).

Now, GM and Dodge have put their respective cars on a number of tracks.
While Dodge has only bothered with 4 in total for the 08 SRT10 viper, the results are far from one sided for the Viper...
Of the four tracks, the corvette was quicker on two.
Here's my source:http://fastestlaps.com/car46f221c68c759.html
I would also like to point out that the Viper was only marginally quicker on the tracks where it was faster (still faster though).
.86 seconds at Willow Springs and .8 seconds at Virginia international raceway to be precise...
http://fastestlaps.com/track15.html http://fastestlaps.com/track20.html
While the Z06 was marginally quicker at Gratten Racewau (.7 seconds) and 2.7 seconds quicker at Hockenheim short.
http://fastestlaps.com/track9.html http://fastestlaps.com/track7.html
Interestingly enough, the LS3 C6 is .1 seconds quicker at Hockenheim short.

I'm not stating my opinion here or drawing my own conclusions, rather I'm just regurgitating what I've read and found. I think a little more of that needs to go on if people are going to make the claims about cars that they are making...

I've also heard that the Viper has a tendency to understeer and that it's pretty difficult to manuever and drive quickly on a technical track (i.e. Hockenheim).

I'm surprised you would make the arguement that a Viper is quicker then a vette around a roudcourse Killemall. You seemed to have plenty trouble taking your vipers around turns...
Attached Thumbnails **VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper-circuit_hokenheimring.png  

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 02-04-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Listen D-bags, my Join date is recent because I've changed my name a couple times (started new accounts).
I'm actually thinking of changing it again and dropping the Z32 since I sold the Z, AND so I can keep n00b statusLOL
HAHAHA suuuuuuuuuuure big guy suuuuuuuuuure. if you ask me you still are a noob haha!

jk
Old 02-04-2009, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

I'm surprised you would make the arguement that a Viper is quicker then a vette around a roudcourse Killemall. You seemed to have plenty trouble taking your vipers around turns...
hahahahahahahaah ohhhhhhhhh
Old 02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
HAHAHA suuuuuuuuuuure big guy suuuuuuuuuure. if you ask me you still are a noob haha!

jk

I am NOT a n00b

Even if PonyGT says I am...
LOL.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Launching!

ha ha ha..Around turns hugh??????

Ive probally had over 50 street races in my Vipers against anything from 350 rwhp S2000's to 800 plus rwhp Supras...

Curves had nonthing to do with it...

I wrecked my 1999 rt10 Viper ( 450 rwhp/490 rwt) while racing a 455 rwhp 2007 C6Z06...I layed in to her a bit much at 70 mph in second gear trying to launch at a high rpm....Car lost traction as soon as the third beep and well you know the rest...

In my 475ish rwhp 2003 SRT10 Viper I wrecked her racing a 450 rwhp 2002 ACR Viper...We had went many times with me as the victor..He wanted one more..I obliged and really layed into it with a start mph of 55 mph in second gear...On the third honk the car lost traction immediatly and da ja vue....

I always think it's funny when people make fun of my driving....I wrecked em doin what everyone on this section dose.....I played a rysky game and paid the price...

Like I said...I raced so many cars in my Vipers that I cant even remember them all...But all it takes is one mistake to feel like a dumb ***...

But it's all good....The nsx is a very fun car and the way prices have comer down on the 2008 coupes ( Ive seen a few at 57K-62K) Ill be getting one much sooner then I origionally thought...

Again the C6Z06 is a fast car but I cant help but feel like it would be a down grade at this point....
Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

Man you guys must be freakin noobs if you think you can argue about Vipers with Killemall!!! ha ha ha ha
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Man you guys must be freakin noobs if you think you can argue about Vipers with Killemall!!! ha ha ha ha
No ****. Even if it is fan boy BS he will continue beating you with the Viper hammer until you just give up.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

^^^
If you noticed he also tried slipping in a couple things about the NSX.
But no one took the bait.
We all know how amazingly unbeatable those crazy things are...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
Again the C6Z06 is a fast car but I cant help but feel like it would be a down grade at this point....
so why'd you down grade to the NSX? just cause it looks cool?
Personally i think its ugly as a motha, and is a wanna be Euro car.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
so why'd you down grade to the NSX? just cause it looks cool?
Personally i think its ugly as a motha, and is a wanna be Euro car.
The Viper had too much torque. With the NSX you have to wait for V-tech to kick in... or something.

No joking.. im pretty sure this is the real reason.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
The Viper had too much torque. With the NSX you have to wait for V-tech to kick in... or something.

No joking.. im pretty sure this is the real reason.
would totally make sense i cant think of a better reason why you'd go from american muscle, to asian wanna be euro tuner. . .
Old 02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall

Curves had nonthing to do with it...

I always think it's funny when people make fun of my driving....I wrecked em doin what everyone on this section dose.....I played a rysky game and paid the price...

Like I said...I raced so many cars in my Vipers that I cant even remember them all...But all it takes is one mistake to feel like a dumb ***...

i think the first point was, that if you couldnt even handle the viper in a straight line, that handling it in curves would be much harder. . . but ill let you figure that out. . .

you should feel like a ^ [look for the bold red]

and you didnt wreck them doing what everyone else does in this section, because in order for their to be a race you have to have a driveable car, and you sir, wrecked yours at the begining of each race congrats!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Also, while this point is meaningless in the street kill section, several people have mentioned that the 08 SRT10 viper is radically faster then a C6Z on a track (roadcourse).
I'm not stating my opinion here or drawing my own conclusions, rather I'm just regurgitating what I've read and found. I think a little more of that needs to go on if people are going to make the claims about cars that they are making...

I've also heard that the Viper has a tendency to understeer and that it's pretty difficult to manuever and drive quickly on a technical track (i.e. Hockenheim).
Those are interesting links but its tough to compare different tracks, different drivers and unknown factors. The 600hp Viper has been consistently faster in every magazine than the Z-06 around a road circuit. And they do drive for a living.

The complaint of the Vette is its tendency to oversteer which makes it difficult. So the question is - what is more difficult - oversteering or understeering?

Since its close by, I keep a close eye on Laguna Seca. Note the the Motor Trend tests had Max Angelleli (in the C6Z) and Randy Pobst in the ACR. Those two are among the best sports car drivers in the business today.

http://fastestlaps.com/track16.html

Btw, I would like to know who the driver was in Edmunds GT-R 1:39 and if it was a pre-production model. You know - the ones that trap 124mph....