Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street racing kill Upset

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you have extra weight, could not launch your car, your car probly has a lot more miles on it, and you are losing some rwhp and are at a disadvantage once you are going with an a4.

Next time race with a 1/4 tank, dont have your girl in your car and launch your car. You should be able to out launch him because of you being an auto unless you have a bad tire. I that that that will be a much different race.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about out-launching him... with good drivers, the new Mustangs routinely cut 1.9s 60' times on stock tires.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I don't know about out-launching him... with good drivers, the new Mustangs routinely cut 1.9s 60' times on stock tires.
Dont they come with 235's on the back? if so that is impressive........
Old 12-31-2008, 02:18 AM
***Repost Police***

Yep... they actually went 10mm narrower on the new cars
Old 12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zrultima
Well that what i got a diablo tune its better than no tune at all i believe
UH....NO....not if it's a BOX tune. Diablo Box tunes suck *****.

Originally Posted by zrultima
Well ******* i aint bragging all he had was 3 things supposively are engines are 350hp arent i right plus with the bolt on u would think it would be beter i have 3 things on he doesnt plus supposively more hp. just wanted to ask y not to be put down
HP is probably 25% of what matters in a street race, if that much.

Originally Posted by ls1passion
maybe 350hp at the crank some get 290rwhp some get 320rwhp depending on the car so u might be at 320rwhp u just never know ......and yes a diablosport is better than no tune but not by much get a profesional tune when u have money and ur car will pull alot harder
Jesus -...shoosh. LOL....seriously though....Diablo box tunes.........are quite shitty and pending Airflow mods make the car lose power because they get TOO leaned out.

Originally Posted by CABRO
Dont they come with 235's on the back? if so that is impressive........
Yes.....however, they are a MUCH better tire....100x over.....than the old 245/45 crapbacks that were on the 99-04s. Not only that, they have a better suspension. Tire size is only part of it.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

also stock stall converter isn't helping your situation. that will make a night and day difference from a stop if you race again. and also how are you launching? just punching it out of the hole? or maybe stalling the car up to about 1000rpms? are you just mashing the gas? cause i know if i mash the gas out of the hole i will sit there for a few seconds at least burning out. also what gears do you have in the back? 2.73's or 3.23's?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:32 AM
10 Second Club

Damn give the Mustangs a little credit. Those three valves can be pretty fast with some mods and a tune. They are quite buttoned up from the factory. Good kill OP.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Damn give the Mustangs a little credit. Those three valves can be pretty fast with some mods and a tune. They are quite buttoned up from the factory. Good kill OP.
OK I'll give the Mustang a little credit. They are the fastest slow car money can buy.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds about right for me... if he jumped out on you.. then you pulled a fender or a little more on him... your not making that much more power than him...

to get 3-4 cars you would need full bolt ons... 3-4 cars is a lot..

BTW... for you mustang guys...

i raced a cobra today... hes been saying he is the fastest car in town...

i kept my street tires on... went from a 20 roll.. half-3/4 throttled him from 20-about 55-60.. then WOT from 60-about 110....

i would say it was about 25-30 car lengths EASY! hahahaa... he wants me to put my slicks on and go from a dig next week for some money..

01 cobra.. bone stock..... it was a joke.. ill try to get the vids uploaded later.. they are shitty camera vids.. but you will get the idea.. lol
Old 01-01-2009, 02:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
sounds about right for me... if he jumped out on you.. then you pulled a fender or a little more on him... your not making that much more power than him...

to get 3-4 cars you would need full bolt ons... 3-4 cars is a lot..

BTW... for you mustang guys...

i raced a cobra today... hes been saying he is the fastest car in town...

i kept my street tires on... went from a 20 roll.. half-3/4 throttled him from 20-about 55-60.. then WOT from 60-about 110....

i would say it was about 25-30 car lengths EASY! hahahaa... he wants me to put my slicks on and go from a dig next week for some money..

01 cobra.. bone stock..... it was a joke.. ill try to get the vids uploaded later.. they are shitty camera vids.. but you will get the idea.. lol
Bone stock 01 Cobra is at best a low 13 sec car, with a great driver. And your in the 11's umm... I think you should murder him. I run 11's, you anywhere near South Florida?
Old 01-01-2009, 03:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Bone stock 01 Cobra is at best a low 13 sec car, with a great driver. And your in the 11's umm... I think you should murder him. I run 11's, you anywhere near South Florida?
lol i know (hopefully its a 10 sec car N/A in February though!).. i tried to talk the kid out of racing.. but even with my car sitting there with the cam hitting, the drag lites, etc... he still swore up and down he was the fastest car in town, and just KNEW he was going to beat me...

i usually wouldnt race a stock car like that.. but he asked for it... haha

not trying to talk ****.. just thought it was funny.. woulda still told everyone if it was a trans am camaro or vette!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

whats even funnier is he wants to run again...

i wish i would have recorded all the **** talking by him before the race... i have been hearing about him being the fastest car in town for weeks now.. and got tired of it, so i went out and found him..

i supposedly have been trying to dodge him and get out of racing since he bought his car..

just the whole thing is hilarious..
Old 01-01-2009, 03:09 AM
11 Second Club

get a stall, some drag radials and a real tune then proceed to spank that mustangs ***
Old 01-01-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Second Club

whats even funnier is he wants to run again...

i wish i would have recorded all the **** talking by him before the race... i have been hearing about him being the fastest car in town for weeks now.. and got tired of it, so i went out and found him..

i supposedly have been trying to dodge him and get out of racing since he bought his car..

just the whole thing is hilarious..
It is pretty funny maybe he just got a 200 shot. I didn't see you were from Tennesse, won't be up there ant time soon. Oh well.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

It is pretty funny maybe he just got a 200 shot. I didn't see you were from Tennesse, won't be up there ant time soon. Oh well.
i thought it was hilarious.. the **** talking pre-race was great... its been going on for about 3 weeks now..

a 200 shot would def. help him.. but i believe he would still see tail lights..
if he did wanted to do that though.. im sure i could play around and spray a nice shot too.. should even up the................................. let me rephrase, should let me put more bus lengths on his *** again..
Old 01-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Teching In

i thought it was hilarious.. the **** talking pre-race was great... its been going on for about 3 weeks now..

a 200 shot would def. help him.. but i believe he would still see tail lights..
if he did wanted to do that though.. im sure i could play around and spray a nice shot too.. should even up the................................. let me rephrase, should let me put more bus lengths on his *** again..
If he had a 200 shot his car would explode!!! But if it did hold up it would run hard!!! My Mach on a 150 shot ran real strong I never got to the track before it blew but lets just say it made cars look stupid that went 11.50's at 120+.

To the OP- Dont ever underestimate the car your racing.....if he would have had gears and a tire it sounds like you would have got murdered.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

did he have a passenger? how big is your g/f? wieght could have played a factor. don't be over confident man..
Old 01-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
did he have a passenger? how big is your g/f? wieght could have played a factor. don't be over confident man..
^^Thats funny right there!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Half-assed mods = half fast car

This isn't rocket science. The Diablo canned tune isn't anything to brag about (I pulled one with HPTuners, and they really didn't do much), and as you keep modding your car, it certainly can't adapt.

You don't list anything in your mods that amounts to much...get a stall, ditch the bitch, and report back.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

my car is pretty crazy on the street ... with only couple hundred of mods..and if someone is faster than me ..i have my bottle for insurance