Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My MR2 Vs SS Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well hell. Looks like I'll just have to give it a go. T/A will be done this weekend, from a dig you pick the spot and we'll go. And that V6 you raced was a great run btw
Old 01-14-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Oh really?
RLY!

Originally Posted by armintheman
lol i love this forum!! i've been on mustang forums, focus forums, mr2, 240sx, and nissan but i think this by far is the best one!
haha, im in here... did you expect any less?

i think the TA is going to get this race pretty easily... I DEMAND A VIDEO!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Launching!

i'll give you the dig race bro i have worn out tires (i tend to drift around some turns when im in a rush so i'd rather do a role race. maybe 40 punch or something...the ss i raced was on a role also. we both hit it in 2nd. what all do you have done btw? and are you a A4 or M6?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

lol well bro my motor is a jdm 93 motor, it has the ceramic turbo i have dyno sheets im putting down 252rwhp (that was before my intercooler piping). that and my car having some light weight stuff like wheels, bumper (fiberglass not ricy), and seats and steering wheel and me driving (not trying to brag) trust me it's possible! like i said before i was shocked i beat a ss! im 100% sure the guy couldnt drive but that doesnt change the fact that i beat him. if you cant drive your car dont pick a fight with other people otherwise it'll end up like that race. eitherway i noticed your near the fort worth area...im in arlington. maybe we could race your LT1 against my MR2 just for fun. im sure you put about the same power if not more then the ss! if you get me by 6 cars as you said in your last post then i'll come back on here and say im sorry i raced a v6 with a beefy exhaust and ss exterior accents

Wow...

You've got to know the name of your own engine right?
I hate it when people say "JDM" motor.
You have a 3s-gte, which btw, has the same ceramic turbo as the usdm MR2
Every 3S-GTE engine from 1990-1994 (2nd gen) utilizes a Toyota CT26 turbocharger...
The only difference between the two is the JDM one is pushing a tiny bit more boost stock and is rated at 20+hp more...
In 93 the boost was raised again and it was rated at 45hp more.

Now please, for the love of god, stop saying JDM motor like it's something special. It might impress your know nothing friends, but it means nothing on here.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Wow...

You've got to know the name of your own engine right?
I hate it when people say "JDM" motor.
You have a 3s-gte, which btw, has the same ceramic turbo as the usdm MR2
Every 3S-GTE engine from 1990-1994 (2nd gen) utilizes a Toyota CT26 turbocharger...
The only difference between the two is the JDM one is pushing a tiny bit more boost stock and is rated at 20+hp more...
In 93 the boost was raised again and it was rated at 45hp more.

Now please, for the love of god, stop saying JDM motor like it's something special. It might impress your know nothing friends, but it means nothing on here.
Here is your drink. A big cup of who the **** cares. JDM motor says more than the ABC-GT 3 engine with the BS turbo. On this site it doesn't matter what Jap engine some Jap car has.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

^ haha cunfuzed just rips peoples asses all damn day.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

On this site it doesn't matter what Jap engine some Jap car has.
+1

I really don't know the difference. I don't even know what JDM means.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
+1

I don't even know what JDM means.
+2 haha!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
+1

I really don't know the difference. I don't even know what JDM means.
IT means another prey animal is on the road.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

The T/A has pretty much every bolt-on imaginable and it's an M6. Intake, LT's, ORY with a dumped bullet Moroso, E-waterpump, double roller timing chain, !AIR!, !EGR!, !A/C!, !airbag!, MSD coil, MSD wires, poly engine and tranny mounts, battery in the back, tune, a little weight reduction, short shifter, and some nice meaty ET streets. I'll go from a 40 too, but I dunno if it'll get any better for you

Last edited by I8ASaleen; 01-15-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Launching!

lol wow that's far from an ss with exhaust. how much power? i may have to bring my ws6 to race that! camed or heads?
as far as the jdm thing i figure some people didnt know what 3S-GTE is so i said jdm (because everyone know that the jdm ones put more power down) lol i know the name of my motor bro. but i wouldnt get on a honda forum and tell them i have a ls1, i'd say the engine on my 98 t/a. can honda guys tell you the difference between lt1 and ls1? or ls1 and ls6? i think not...so that's why i said jdm. but for future reference discerningz32 i'll put 3S-GTE just for you!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Here is your drink. A big cup of who the **** cares. JDM motor says more than the ABC-GT 3 engine with the BS turbo. On this site it doesn't matter what Jap engine some Jap car has.
I'm not saying you or I should care. Just that it seemed sad that he's acting like the JDM engine is soooo much better then the usdm when they are the same...

A select few might care, the majority probably don't.

BTW Confuzed, are you STILL on the juice and NA???

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 01-14-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Launching!

im not going to argue with you bro but the jdm 3s-gte can withhold more power with stock internals. and the intake is ceramic coated and i got on the mr2oc.com forum and the turbo on usdm ones are not ceramic. that's why the jdm turbo spools faster. eitherway this isnt a toyota forum so im just going to drop it.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

im not going to argue with you bro but the jdm 3s-gte can withhold more power with stock internals. and the intake is ceramic coated and i got on the mr2oc.com forum and the turbo on usdm ones are not ceramic. that's why the jdm turbo spools faster. eitherway this isnt a toyota forum so im just going to drop it.
Then why even mention it???

And you are still wrongDon't believe everything you hear on a forum.
Hell, just last week someone posted on here that the only difference between an LS6 and an LS1 is the intake manifold.......................................... ..........................
Old 01-14-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I'm not saying you or I should care. Just that it seemed sad that he's acting like the JDM engine is soooo much better then the usdm when they are the same...

A select few might care, the majority probably don't.

BTW Confuzed, are you STILL on the juice and NA???

Yipp still juicin' for now. The wife's 06 Trail Blazer blew the engine today. Damn 5.3 gave out. So that sets back my turbo project.

So stay tuned boyzzzzzzzz!! Operation HELL BLAZER begins!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Ordered a new engine today. It will be here next week IT is big. Boy is she going to be pissed when she drives it for the first time.LOL Her last words were "I don't want a race motor". Okay.....I'll wont put a NASSCAAR enginne in then.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

Yipp still juicin' for now. The wife's 06 Trail Blazer blew the engine today. Damn 5.3 gave out. So that sets back my turbo project.

So stay tuned boyzzzzzzzz!! Operation HELL BLAZER begins!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Ordered a new engine today. It will be here next week IT is big. Boy is she going to be pissed when she drives it for the first time.LOL Her last words were "I don't want a race motor". Okay.....I'll wont put a NASSCAAR enginne in then.
That's Shitty.

Damn man, I was about to trade in my 98 5.9 ZJ (grand cherokee) for one of those... But I didn't like their axles and diffs (and ground clearance). No suspension travel = no go. Still can't find anything worth trading my zj for.

What happened to it? How do you blow up a stock 06 5.3l ?!?!?!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

I still can't figure that one out. Spun a main bearing bigger than **** though.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
So a bolt-on 2 on 15psi beat an SS with 3 people in it? Is your JDM swap a Gen 3? If not i'm calling bs. I've race a guy in an SS with only a few mods less than you and he took me by like 6 cars each time.
DEpends on the wieght of the passangers also. 3 ppl is a lot of extra weight the mr2 is already lighter so thats more to the OPs favor nice kill anyway OP
Old 01-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Launching!

haha...this thread got awesome...

btw JDM = OEM from my understanding...Japanese Domestic Market i think???
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mr2s are cool little cars. there was one for sale na roller for 300 wish i could of scooped it up for a project

Quick Reply: My MR2 Vs SS Camaro!