Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

"427" mustang? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you guys really arguing over what handles better in this forum?

Face it, 1/8 and 1/4 ET performance is all that really matters in here. And any car can be made to corner well with enough money thrown into the undercarriage.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Are you guys really arguing over what handles better in this forum?

Face it, 1/8 and 1/4 ET performance is all that really matters in here. And any car can be made to corner well with enough money thrown into the undercarriage.
I said I was staying out of it at this point...

But I would like to add that it wasn't the 'noob' (aka me) who brought up the handling arguement, but the Vet (aka pony).

Oh well, like you said it doesn't matter.

This thread is basically dead at this point, my bad.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
The 427r doesn't come with upgraded brakes, that is an option on top of the package. Check their website. I'm guessing you still haven't or you would CLEARLY see that. It's right there.

I never said you thought the package was worth the money, that was just one of my arguements that the car was a joke and NOT the complete package you were saying it is. IN FACT, I said I WANTED to hear you say it was worth the money, so I obviously hadn't already seen you post that it was worth the money or claim that you had said that...............

As for me being a noob, I've actually been here for a while, I've just changed my name a few times (thinking of changing it again to just DISCERNING). Either way, that has nothing to do with our posts, this thread, or this car; so it doesn't matter.

Nothing I ever posted was Biased BS (from what I remeber, LOL). Perhaps I was a bit biased against some mustangs, but that was against these lame over priced packages, they're too hokey and overrated. THe only other things I said about the stang is that they don't have a good weight distribution (they don't) and that I don't like their solid axles (but that they aren't horrible). What's biased about that??? If anything, I was biased against that bogus over priced Roush package. And, as I mentioned before, I'm considering a Mach 1 or SVT as my next car. I LIKE mustangs, Jesus... I've seen some mean purpose built road course stangs.
Everything else was information I got on Roush's page. Or should I say lack of info. They don't talk about the car's handling prowess or capability, plain and simple.

Just so you know though, 1.05gs doesn't impress me (JMO)...
Does it impress you? Because you seem to think it's such an amazing track car.
I admit I'm wrong in saying it handles poorly, but I still say it's not that impressive or worth the dough, especially compared to saleen now, LOL.
Oh well

Sorry, but I'm going to leave this thread now. It's getting too messy and bothersome. I think you might agree.
Have fun.
It's cool.......IMO, any car that can pull 1.+ g's, put down 360rwhp+ and run low mid 12s from the factory, is a great overall package from the factory......well, ok in this case it's roush factory. LOL....but you catch my drift. Again, so I think it's worth the money....HELL NO...I'd rather by a reg. GT and spend that 16k differently. I'd much rather a GT500 for MSRP (less than a 427r), bolt ons, WR, and have some fun. Above all of these cars, I'd prefer a Forged, ATi AB mach.....even over a cobra. But that's me.

At least we agree they aren't worth the $$$$....

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You said you know nothing about handling, and you should just have stopped after that. Those "G-figures" were not on a skid pad, while the number you are quoting for the SVT Cobra is. Its an apples to oranges comparison, the 200ft skidpad is always going to show less peak G's than a slalom or road course. Either way these numbers have little to do with real handling, its only showing overall grip in one situation, not really impressive. The car in my sig with its minor suspension mods will pull well over 1G on street tires on corners. This is not to say a S197 can't be made to handle well because they certainly can, but that roush is nothing special.
pssst.....shoosh. LOL......it's something I found with a 5 second google search. ALL of roushes 2+stg cars are 1.0+ g's. I understand some of you may not know that.....but being the mustang freak I am..it's something I do know.

As for your car, that's cool and it looks great, but as Irun11s pointed out, my point has nothing to do with what you can do cheaper. That argument is lame. If that was the case, we'd all be buying mustang 2's and dropping cammed LS's or a crate 347 into it.
Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I said I was staying out of it at this point...

But I would like to add that it wasn't the 'noob' (aka me) who brought up the handling arguement, but the Vet (aka pony).

Oh well, like you said it doesn't matter.

This thread is basically dead at this point, my bad.
I agree with that one....LOL
Old 02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
pssst.....shoosh. LOL......it's something I found with a 5 second google search. ALL of roushes 2+stg cars are 1.0+ g's. I understand some of you may not know that.....but being the mustang freak I am..it's something I do know.
What I'm saying seems to be going over your head.
On the skidpad (where you cited the SVT Cobra pulls .94Gs) the Roush 427 doesn't do any better...
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ang/index.html
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...fications.html

While is relevant to compare just the Saleen and Roush from your video on that particular slalom because they are both there together, its irrelevant to compare anything else to it because anything else wasn't doing that same slalom.

As for your car, that's cool and it looks great, but as Irun11s pointed out, my point has nothing to do with what you can do cheaper.
My point was to counter your "this roush could take anyone on the track" argument.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

The people have spoken