Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ws6 vs G35 and Camed 07 gt

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Dude I swear I hate long stupid quotes like these .I own a 3v and a 90 coupe .The 3 v will see 30 hp with cams on top of the bolt on hp gain .An average 3v gt will see gains with just boltons of up to 320 at the wheels minus the cams. If you do not own a 3v then it makes no difference what you think if you own a 4v or not.Please stop the long quotes. it's irritating.The 3v puts out that kind of power with out heads and still gets 23mpg.As far as canned no such thing , you can have two different people with hand held sct scanners .The thing is one may be from Bama chips ,and one may be from Evolution performance . They are custom tunes .As far as loosing low end toque thats a common problem with most cammed motors with auto's with out stall converters 3v or not.
I know what you own. And there is no need for you a-hole reply. I openly admitted that I wasn't in2 3V's as much as 4V's. I simply asked for proof. I question everything that seems 'out there'. I've even questioned claims on 99-01 4V's on SVTP not to long ago and I Q'd an owner of one......and I'll just say, he was wrong. He was proven wrong by many of n/a cobra owners.

Again, I would like to see a few dyno sheets of SAE corrected 3V's putting down 350rwhp, with nothing but LT, mid, Axleback, Tune, and Cams. NO head work, NO intake work. If it's so common it shouldn't be a problem. If you post up multiple sheets (not just one or two), then all of us (including myself) learn something new.

I also explained 'canned' tune. I think SOB below is correct in you just don't feel like reading. The term 'canned tune' is as losely used as 'full exhaust'. AGAIN, It could mean box tune. If I ahve to explain what box tune is to you, then this conversation is over.

I just realized something.....................I replied a one/two sentence reply to you. wow
Originally Posted by SonofaBish
does reading exert too much energy and give you a headache?
Thank you. I read his reply and was like WTF?

Last edited by ponygt65; 02-04-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

my head hurts from reading too much
Old 02-04-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
my head hurts from reading too much
Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I also find it funny that he got all butt hurt and claiming hte car should be 350rwhp when he doesn't know what cams were installed. I didn't know all cams had the same specs and would have the same improvements.

**** - the OP already said he's setting up for FI.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I know what you own. And there is no need for you a-hole reply. I openly admitted that I wasn't in2 3V's as much as 4V's. I simply asked for proof. I question everything that seems 'out there'. I've even questioned claims on 99-01 4V's on SVTP not to long ago and I Q'd an owner of one......and I'll just say, he was wrong. He was proven wrong by many of n/a cobra owners.

Again, I would like to see a few dyno sheets of SAE corrected 3V's putting down 350rwhp, with nothing but LT, mid, Axleback, Tune, and Cams. NO head work, NO intake work. If it's so common it shouldn't be a problem. If you post up multiple sheets (not just one or two), then all of us (including myself) learn something new.

I also explained 'canned' tune. I think SOB below is correct in you just don't feel like reading. The term 'canned tune' is as losely used as 'full exhaust'. AGAIN, It could mean box tune. If I ahve to explain what box tune is to you, then this conversation is over.

I just realized something.....................I replied a one/two sentence reply to you. wow
Thank you. I read his reply and was like WTF?
Damn miracles really are real! Lol!! That's a first for you get a life and get off the internet.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Damn miracles really are real! Lol!! That's a first for you get a life and get off the internet.
you mean you read that?

Nice proof that the S197 in the OP's post 'should be' running 350rwhp.

Don't let the door hit ya...................
Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Teching In

ide look for a few dyno sheets if i wasnt so lazy. heres an article from my tuner brenspeed.

Looking for the ultimate camshaft for a highly modified engine? The Comp Stage 2 (formerly called stage 3) camshaft is used exclusively by Brenspeed when a high lift camshaft is needed for a street driven Mustang. The Comp Stage 2 cam sets have shown as much as a 35 to 40 HP gain on modified vehicles. Because of the cam specifications valve springs and retainers are also required which you will find in this cam section as well. Use the drop down box above to add the springs and retainers at a discounted price. We also suggest one of the larger aftermarket air intakes with this cam set like the C&L Racer intake system. Check our technical section for a write up on this cam test.

Our 2005 Mustang GT test car cranked out 347 rwhp all motor using this cam set and the factory un-ported cylinder heads!

there is many more ppl out there with more than this.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jawsgt
ide look for a few dyno sheets if i wasnt so lazy. heres an article from my tuner brenspeed.

Looking for the ultimate camshaft for a highly modified engine? The Comp Stage 2 (formerly called stage 3) camshaft is used exclusively by Brenspeed when a high lift camshaft is needed for a street driven Mustang. The Comp Stage 2 cam sets have shown as much as a 35 to 40 HP gain on modified vehicles. Because of the cam specifications valve springs and retainers are also required which you will find in this cam section as well. Use the drop down box above to add the springs and retainers at a discounted price. We also suggest one of the larger aftermarket air intakes with this cam set like the C&L Racer intake system. Check our technical section for a write up on this cam test.

Our 2005 Mustang GT test car cranked out 347 rwhp all motor using this cam set and the factory un-ported cylinder heads!

there is many more ppl out there with more than this.
I understand that. I'm not saying it's impossible or never been done. What I am saying is Senior Kenny is acting like it's the norm and every day that you come across a Cammed S197 putting out 350RWHP. I disagree. Not only that, the main reason I said what I did, is he has no idea what cams or how the S197 in question is setup, but states he should be at 350rwhp. Basically, Good ole Kenny made ignorant comments boasting about the 3V. He ALWAYS boasts about 3V's. It gets old. They are good cars, and alot of people underestimate them because they dont' understand what a CAI and tune can do, on top of a 3.3x first gear matched with 3.55s, and nice powerband isn't the easiest thing to launch without good seat time.

Brenspeed has a great reputation and I dont' doubt what they do or their tunes, but I have to pull my ********.....ERRR, technical (inside joke) book out and point out that they make no mention of other mods, nor intake work. Does that mean the intake had work done or they didn't have only a couple of bolt ons?...of course not.

Kenny just needs to pull his head out of his biast *** and talk with some smarts. ESPECIALLY since we are stang guys on a bowtie website trying to correct bad information....at least I am. You on the other hand, seem to make very realistic and unbiast post.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:37 AM

When's the rematch since the car was retuned?

Also, don't forget that the car in question is auto, so it won't make the same RWHP as a stick car with the same setup would.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

^ haha poyny you tell em! Fair and unbiased information guys come on!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ

Also, don't forget that the car in question is auto, so it won't make the same RWHP as a stick car with the same setup would.

The rematch will be once i put on my haeders and get my car tunned it should be a very good race considering we will both be around the same hp and weight i think and we are both autos but he has gears so it will be fun hopfuly i can get a video!

And about the whole hp on 3vs thing his car has a mild cam maybe stage one comp cam im not sure the exect numbers i know he didnt put in new springs or retainers so thats prob why its not making around 350 and its an auto i thought 330rwhp was good for a bolt on auto mild camed 3v gt.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ

Yep.....(and see below).
Originally Posted by 97ta383
And about the whole hp on 3vs thing his car has a mild cam maybe stage one comp cam im not sure the exect numbers i know he didnt put in new springs or retainers so thats prob why its not making around 350 and its an auto i thought 330rwhp was good for a bolt on auto mild camed 3v gt.
They are good numbers. I wasn't putting them down. I just didn't like how mr. Kenny came in with his direct bs attitude when it was blatenly obvious he didn' take into consideration your friends setup...he was simply shootin' from the hip. I think we've all done that before, including myself. And as many times as I've gotten the face of forum members on any site, I can't recall a single time where I've jumped on one's case over a one sentence reply.

Run your friend before the LT's just to see..
Old 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea i should run him before i get my LT's to just see
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Launching!

It's all good I do like the 3v's though I just know what the 3v's are capable of
Originally Posted by ponygt65
Yep.....(and see below).

They are good numbers. I wasn't putting them down. I just didn't like how mr. Kenny came in with his direct bs attitude when it was blatenly obvious he didn' take into consideration your friends setup...he was simply shootin' from the hip. I think we've all done that before, including myself. And as many times as I've gotten the face of forum members on any site, I can't recall a single time where I've jumped on one's case over a one sentence reply.

Run your friend before the LT's just to see..

Quick Reply: Ws6 vs G35 and Camed 07 gt