Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

chris's sprayed gto vs 25 psi meth evo.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^LOL

On a side note, evos DO tend to eat drivetrain parts when they get up there in power.

BTW, it might have been my sound, but the Goat sounded pretty stock.

Nice to see a slow coupe on the bottle beat a slow sedan with a large wing

GTOs are slow, EVOs are slower
(I'm kidding, please try not to get your panties in a bunch)
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
^^^LOL

On a side note, evos DO tend to eat drivetrain parts when they get up there in power.

BTW, it might have been my sound, but the Goat sounded pretty stock.

Nice to see a slow coupe on the bottle beat a slow sedan with a large wing

GTOs are slow, EVOs are slower
(I'm kidding, please try not to get your panties in a bunch)
On one of the Evolution forums they have an entire sticky thread that is 10 pages long of just people listing their various blown engines, many of them bone stock. Mind you the car has only been out since 2005, that is pathetic.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Teching In

lol to the deisel pic,

and chris's gto that ran the evo is real loud, kooks 1 7/8 and slp lm1. the quiet goat is the one in the other vid that ran the t/a. its much quieter.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
On one of the Evolution forums they have an entire sticky thread that is 10 pages long of just people listing their various blown engines, many of them bone stock. Mind you the car has only been out since 2005, that is pathetic.
Hey welcome back Wesman. I noticed that the moderators suspended your member privelages for a little while. I have to give my daughter timeouts too when she's naughty. But it's OK. Here's to using the downtime for personal reflection. Cheers!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

That evo whooped your *** off the bottle! Thats whats up imports for life!!! Plus everyone knows the only real GTO's are the old JUDGE GTO's!!! Take your crappy knock off cavalier and shove it!!!!!
I hate people.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:13 PM
***Repost Police***

It's been out since 2003. And people beat the **** out of them, so they're gonna break. There are lots of stock LS1s with blown rearends/4L60-e's, and Ford had the great plastic intake manifold recall of the mid-late 90s. Every company has its problems.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's been out since 2003. And people beat the **** out of them, so they're gonna break. There are lots of stock LS1s with blown rearends/4L60-e's, and Ford had the great plastic intake manifold recall of the mid-late 90s. Every company has its problems.
4L60's blow if you beat the hell out of them and don't change the fluid. If you take care of your trans and upgrade it for the mods you have, theres a very slim chance its going to burn up for no reason. Rear ends are known to blow from launching at higher RPM's on sticky tires. If you don't do that, chances are your rear will be fine. Its not defective by design, just undersized.

Ford's intakes were a small issue compared to blowing a motor. Had a Mustang GT in the shop today for one, new intake and a couple hours later and its back on the road, good as new.

As for multiple cars with less than 20,000 miles on the blowing motors for no reason while cruising down the highway, at an extremely high cost to the owner?? Thats just garbage, no question about it.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
i have 110k on my stock 4l60e and still runs strong but i still dont make as much power as a stock ls1
Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
***Repost Police***

4L60's blow if you beat the hell out of them and don't change the fluid. If you take care of your trans and upgrade it for the mods you have, theres a very slim chance its going to burn up for no reason. Rear ends are known to blow from launching at higher RPM's on sticky tires. If you don't do that, chances are your rear will be fine. Its not defective by design, just undersized.

Ford's intakes were a small issue compared to blowing a motor. Had a Mustang GT in the shop today for one, new intake and a couple hours later and its back on the road, good as new.

As for multiple cars with less than 20,000 miles on the blowing motors for no reason while cruising down the highway, at an extremely high cost to the owner?? Thats just garbage, no question about it.
Almost nobody blows a motor for "no reason." They might not have been doing something dumb at THAT time, but it happens because of abuse when it happens that soon. And just like the rearends on F-bodies blow because of the launch, that's what happens with EVOs too. And considering the over half-million cars that Ford recalled to fix the intake manifolds (and replace motors/headgaskets), I wouldn't call it a "small issue." It affected several different lines of cars, for several years.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

I've got a couple hundred 1/4mile passes, most with 1.7 - 60's, on my EVO and its holding fine.
Also have 99k miles on the BONE STOCK motor with no issues. Did I mention I race the ***** off my car every weekend at the road course & autox.

Irunelevens said it best, all cars will have issues. sometimes its the driver, but sometime its not.
when you build tens of thousands of cars there are bound to be issues on some level.
Most people with a grasp on the obvious are aware of that...
Old 02-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Village Idiot

Weaselman makes a good point regardless if he gets banned or not.... Smaller domestic American motors running meth are not going to last that long... I would bet the bank the Vette LSx motors and body would last longer in comparison....

I'm still trying to figure out if the EVo's are ricey or not?

Nitrous I know destroys and wastes the smaller import motors fast, especially the 4 banger motors...V8 motors last must longer on the Juice.. Good luck with that fancy lawn mower engine anyway.. It does move I give you that much...
Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OnyxY2KSS
I hate people.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Teching In

I'm still looking for that 10+ page thread on evolutionm.net about stock motors blowing up...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to stay away from EVOs on Interstates so they don't spew oil all over me once they hit the 20k mark...

PS: Theoretically speaking, if EVOs did blow up so frequently, I seriously doubt there would be a market for them.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Steiner
I'm still looking for that 10+ page thread on evolutionm.net about stock motors blowing up...
I recall a thread like that about some guy who blew his bone stock motor up after an SCCA event. IIRC though he was low on oil and never topped it off. His warranty was voided because mitsu found up he participated in a timed racing event.

I'm honestly surprised you don't read alot more stories about blown motors with the amount of little kids beating the snot out of these cars.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If the average kid could afford an evo or sti....they would be the new Civics. But since the car actually costs more than $2,000 you dont see them everywhere....all riced out.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
...I'm honestly surprised you don't read alot more stories about blown motors with the amount of little kids beating the snot out of these cars.
I know what you mean. Some of these clowns throw on an MBC, crank it up all the way and then post a thread asking about a CEL the car threw.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steiner
You mean you're not on there atleast 3 times....
Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Weaselman makes a good point regardless if he gets banned or not.... Smaller domestic American motors running meth are not going to last that long... I would bet the bank the Vette LSx motors and body would last longer in comparison....

I'm still trying to figure out if the EVo's are ricey or not?

Nitrous I know destroys and wastes the smaller import motors fast, especially the 4 banger motors...V8 motors last must longer on the Juice.. Good luck with that fancy lawn mower engine anyway.. It does move I give you that much...

Yes, ricey
Old 02-06-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by caught u

gto i think backed down to a 100 shot for those runs.