Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

sr20det vs lt1

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a pretty fun car. Much more so than my teg was. And I would have given him some dig races, the only reason I don't is because the only roads around are back country roads and frankly an f-body and my car being as quick as they are and as big as they are and in the dark, didn't seem reasonable lol. He is going to get that stuff on and we are going to have fun at the track when it opens next. Should have a camera for that one. I will post more lol.

and I am with these guys on the litr bike. Damn thing should run 10s stock theres no point in racing me, he would blow on by.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Yeah the track will definitely be fun. Since it only took 3 business days to get the intake, I'd say my exhaust should be in soon. I'm working on the launch still...the best I've gotten was a 2500 launch with low wheel spin. 2k seemed too low and anything over wants to roast the tires it feels like. When the exhaust is on...I'll be working on that. And yeah, I've got the m6.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
It is a pretty fun car. Much more so than my teg was. And I would have given him some dig races, the only reason I don't is because the only roads around are back country roads and frankly an f-body and my car being as quick as they are and as big as they are and in the dark, didn't seem reasonable lol. He is going to get that stuff on and we are going to have fun at the track when it opens next. Should have a camera for that one. I will post more lol.

and I am with these guys on the litr bike. Damn thing should run 10s stock theres no point in racing me, he would blow on by.
yea i agree, the jeep and your car would be a closer race than the liter bike and your car.

i mean figure the jeep is probably just under 17 sec 1/4 and you are just say 13.5 thats 3.5 seconds difference, now say the bike is a flat ten, thats the same difference. and i'd say a properly driven liter bike should be in the high 9's but again im no bike expert. plus if the jeep is 4x4 he might have a helluva launch and actually pull a little quicker than a 17 haha.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
Yeah the track will definitely be fun. Since it only took 3 business days to get the intake, I'd say my exhaust should be in soon. I'm working on the launch still...the best I've gotten was a 2500 launch with low wheel spin. 2k seemed too low and anything over wants to roast the tires it feels like. When the exhaust is on...I'll be working on that. And yeah, I've got the m6.
Track is different than some roads man. The GSR I launched at like 3 on the road and spun a little but a cpl times I had it at 5k at the track without too much of a problem. You shifted quick though so you have that down, at least from the one time I heard it when u jumped me by a car lol.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
yea i agree, the jeep and your car would be a closer race than the liter bike and your car.

i mean figure the jeep is probably just under 17 sec 1/4 and you are just say 13.5 thats 3.5 seconds difference, now say the bike is a flat ten, thats the same difference. and i'd say a properly driven liter bike should be in the high 9's but again im no bike expert. plus if the jeep is 4x4 he might have a helluva launch and actually pull a little quicker than a 17 haha.
I was down a cpl cars to an integra a week ago cuz all I do is spin....until 2nd gear then he was gone, but still. He could race me through the mud?

Quick Reply: sr20det vs lt1