Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New BS thread, good info

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
I go to one little 6ers game and come back to this, wtf????
Yeah.

These bs threads are kinda nice. Its like the lounge, minus the idiots.

Hey Tug, thats a nice G8 you got there. My sister is either looking to get one of those, or a lexus ES. She's leaning towards the Lexus due to the awd, but the G8 is alot more car for the money I think.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Yeah.

These bs threads are kinda nice. Its like the lounge, minus the idiots.

Hey Tug, thats a nice G8 you got there. My sister is either looking to get one of those, or a lexus ES. She's leaning towards the Lexus due to the awd, but the G8 is alot more car for the money I think.
The G8 is more of a chick car.. she should go that route.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Sarge dont know you
but as a fellow texan
I feel for ya man.
GL with everything
Old 03-03-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Well, the M3 was picked up to help out an old friend from way back and sold the Mustang the day before. SS is gone and so is the Ford GT and so is the wife

Mach was way cheaper than the GT and have always wanted one so....picked one up
Still haven't called?..JERK.....WTF Chris....Did I lose all credibility in that cobra thread with teh stg4 ****?

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
Would buying a 100k car without asking have something to do with it?
Dude....dont' go there. seriously.

built teksid block bored .020 over, ported heads, 42lb injectors, SVT focus pump, a vortech s-trim, built rear with 3.55's, and some other little stuff
Sounds stout. I wonder if he was a member of M1R.

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
nice.. sorry to hear about the wife and selling off your cars. that sucks.
on a side note built teksid block with ported heads. im thinkin that vortech needs to be tossed in the woods in favor of an F serier Procharger w/ meth injection
+1

I wouldn't do F series, but I'd toss teh vortech. Their good for near stock or stock, but for a built setup, NAH'!....D1sc.

Oh, and I wouldn't do Meth. Inj. I was a fan of it a while back, but then researched it and found how touchy it can be. If it's not setup right, it will cause corrosion.

Chris - Is that at least an A/C Vortech? YOU NEED to call me jerk! lol
Old 03-03-2009, 06:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Still haven't called?..JERK.....WTF Chris....Did I lose all credibility in that cobra thread with teh stg4 ****?

+1

I wouldn't do F series, but I'd toss teh vortech. Their good for near stock or stock, but for a built setup, NAH'!....D1sc.

Oh, and I wouldn't do Meth. Inj. I was a fan of it a while back, but then researched it and found how touchy it can be. If it's not setup right, it will cause corrosion.

if you set meth up correctly it is very safe to run and basicly allows you to make the same power you would on race gas. anyway with a built teksid block and ported C heads the f series would be the way to go. the f series blower will not be lazy if you build the motor around the blower and i have seen the f series blower make stupid power and 2 and 4 valve motors.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

+1

LOL my bad Mike! I've just been really busy bro. What do you mean by A/C?
already thinking about a TS for it....not a huge fan of these centri's.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

if you set meth up correctly it is very safe to run and basicly allows you to make the same power you would on race gas. anyway with a built teksid block and ported C heads the f series would be the way to go. the f series blower will not be lazy if you build the motor around the blower and i have seen the f series blower make stupid power and 2 and 4 valve motors.
I agree that Meth works nicely if setup correctly. Unfortunately, much like tuning, you have to make sure you find someone that knows WTF they're doing or it yields bad results. No need to go with Meth Inj. if you set up a cooler correctly.

I'm not saying an F1 or 2 isn't crazy kickass when it comes to power. I completely agree with that. I'm just saying the car already has a relatively mild CEntrif. it would be much easier to get a D1 setup done, and it would yield a good 600+rwhp.

LOL my bad Mike! I've just been really busy bro. What do you mean by A/C?
already thinking about a TS for it....not a huge fan of these centri's.
A/C = AfterCooler.

Centrif. kick ***. Not to take away from TS's..I love them too. I'm just not a fan of the newer vortechs in comparison of the ATi units. They have a lower CFM rating and are MUCH quieter (generally). IMO, An ATi unit at idle or low RPM is just as sexy as a TS at WOT. The pull in the upper rpms is VERY nice too.

But, that's me.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

A/C = AfterCooler.

Centrif. kick ***. Not to take away from TS's..I love them too. I'm just not a fan of the newer vortechs in comparison of the ATi units. They have a lower CFM rating and are MUCH quieter (generally). IMO, An ATi unit at idle or low RPM is just as sexy as a TS at WOT. The pull in the upper rpms is VERY nice too.

But, that's me.
Ohh I gotcha. Never driven one with an ATi so I'm not sure but I love me a twin screw
Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ohh I gotcha. Never driven one with an ATi so I'm not sure but I love me a twin screw
Yeah.....I loved my procharger. They tend to put down a tad more than Vortechs model vs. model because vortech has a tad lower cfm flow in their head unit....at least the last I checked. They may have updated them now.

TS's are great in the lower RPM and centrif. are better in the upper rpm. That's normal for the centrif vs. PD though. It's just where the power comes in at.

I know for a fact plenty of guys would pick up that kit from you on M1R if you chose to dump it.

OH, and you'd have to get a whole new kit from KB and WHipple doesnt' make a kit for machs. PM or call me if you want...I'll go over all of it with you.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah.....I loved my procharger. They tend to put down a tad more than Vortechs model vs. model because vortech has a tad lower cfm flow in their head unit....at least the last I checked. They may have updated them now.

TS's are great in the lower RPM and centrif. are better in the upper rpm. That's normal for the centrif vs. PD though. It's just where the power comes in at.

I know for a fact plenty of guys would pick up that kit from you on M1R if you chose to dump it.

OH, and you'd have to get a whole new kit from KB and WHipple doesnt' make a kit for machs. PM or call me if you want...I'll go over all of it with you.
cool deal but I'm going to stick with this vortech for a while...reminds me of my old V6
Old 03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Nick is right, G8 is more of a chick car...

they just line up to get in and take a ride.

Haha, but for real with proper snow tires on all corners (Blizak LM-25), and if she can drive a lick...the G8 will do work in the snow, 4000+ w/ driver you're pretty well planted. Where you from anyways that she's so worried about snow?

He's gonna be like Alaska, and I'm gonna look like a fool, watch.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Launching!

But yo Nick, I should be driving the turnpike back to Lanc around Thursday/Friday, should maybe get some runs on my way home???
Old 03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick is right, G8 is more of a chick car...

they just line up to get in and take a ride.

Haha, but for real with proper snow tires on all corners (Blizak LM-25), and if she can drive a lick...the G8 will do work in the snow, 4000+ w/ driver you're pretty well planted. Where you from anyways that she's so worried about snow?

He's gonna be like Alaska, and I'm gonna look like a fool, watch.

Hah, Michigan. Not quite Alaska, but close.

Last edited by 92builtbird; 03-03-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

f series > twin screw. the top end charge of a centri is insane. however a twin screw is a lot less forgiving if you dont have the driver mod. centri blower will be faster as long as you can keep the car in the upper rpms. if you shift like a slug you will hate a centri blower.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, that really sucks man.

Best of luck, try not to let it get you down.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

f series > twin screw. the top end charge of a centri is insane. however a twin screw is a lot less forgiving if you dont have the driver mod. centri blower will be faster as long as you can keep the car in the upper rpms. if you shift like a slug you will hate a centri blower.
Bitch I taught John Force how to ****** drive
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

But yo Nick, I should be driving the turnpike back to Lanc around Thursday/Friday, should maybe get some runs on my way home???
Possibly. I'm at school til 10 PM on Thursday, and Friday I work all day. I'm down for anything at night though. It's just difficult sometimes during the day to find time. ****.. once it gets nice out I'll drive 90% of the way after 10 PM any night you wanna run.

I'm going to check out a TBSS tomorrow in Colmar.. wherever that is
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

It looks like the biggest kit KB offers for the Mach 1 is the 2.1L
That sort of sucks...
Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
It looks like the biggest kit KB offers for the Mach 1 is the 2.1L
That sort of sucks...
that's only if you start from scratch.

If Chris did an eaton swap (~$2k in parts, but A **** LOAD of parts and alot of time) he could then just order a Cobra KB upgrade....like the mammoth.

Or, he could then go with a whipple.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Lol, I google mapped Colmar and got France???

Edit: added pa after it and found it. up 309 near lansdale