Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 TA Vs 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people who choose to roll race probably can't drive their cars too well.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

I think i can drive just fine And yah maybe some of yall can walk pullied cobras but there are too many variables to every race...Driver,tires,weather...Etc All i was saying is that i have Respect for the Termi Cobras and anything else that runs good
But by all means Keep at it
Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
And even if you did spray on the first run... what was his point? Since when is getting smacked down okay just because the other guy sprayed?
Not me just saying that doesnt take as much rwhp to beat a Cobra. I raped his little *** and he was all butthurt. The bad thing is if he had actually wanted to run again and I would have sprayed him he might have killed himself.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PhantomR/T
people who choose to roll race probably can't drive their cars too well.
Or dpmt care to see whos tire is stickier......
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Teching In

I would much rather dig race....but roll racing is fun to racing is racing and some cars are built for different things.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Or dpmt care to see whos tire is stickier......
if you can really drive your car, the tire you are on should NOT matter. The Driver's skill is what matters. Roll racing is just for fun. No races should be set up from a roll unless there is NOWHERE to do a real race, or if the cars make ludacrous horsepower.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I would much rather dig race....but roll racing is fun to racing is racing and some cars are built for different things.
I agree totally. But setting up a roll race ahead of time? Save that **** for Honduhs.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Teching In

I agree totally. But setting up a roll race ahead of time? Save that **** for Honduhs.
I dont mean this in a ******** way but this is coming from some one who has an A4 car.....if you had a M6 you would enjoy rolls. Thats understandable cuz your car shines from a dig and not so much from a roll.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

if you can really drive your car, the tire you are on should NOT matter. The Driver's skill is what matters. Roll racing is just for fun. No races should be set up from a roll unless there is NOWHERE to do a real race, or if the cars make ludacrous horsepower.
Ill remember that the next I try and launch a 650 rwhp / 750 rwtq car.

Yeah tires means nothing.........
Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

I dont mean this in a ******** way but this is coming from some one who has an A4 car.....if you had a M6 you would enjoy rolls. Thats understandable cuz your car shines from a dig and not so much from a roll.
Oh, I understand completely. This sint the only car I have ever owned or raced (used to run a full bolt-on 01 GT 5 spd) Believe me, roll racing is fun, but to me, it's just a spur of the moment on the way to the races kinda thing, you know? I wouldnt setup one ahead of time unless my opponent was running a broken clutch or almost broken rearend 9and then... why run somebody who is broken anyway). If I set it up ahead of time, I am not risking the chance of not hearing a honk, or missing a downshift or dealing with traffic or whatever. It'll never be a fair race because you will NEVER both be in your ideal powerbands at the same time. From a dig, that **** is all neutralized and everybody is on the same page.

PS, thanks for not resorting to name calling like a little bitch because we don't totally agree. It's nice getting to just have a talk without that garbage, you know?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Ill remember that the next I try and launch a 650 rwhp / 750 rwtq car.

Yeah tires means nothing.........
dude, it's not all in the tires, and tires alone should not be the only deciding factor in the race. With that kind of power, I'd imagine you definately have some suspension under there to compliment the power and you have no doubt driven the **** out of your car many times. My point was just that driver skill is more important than just rubber. And with a 650/750 car, I bet traction with ANY tires sucks
Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 PM
***Repost Police***

Oh, I understand completely. This sint the only car I have ever owned or raced (used to run a full bolt-on 01 GT 5 spd) Believe me, roll racing is fun, but to me, it's just a spur of the moment on the way to the races kinda thing, you know? I wouldnt setup one ahead of time unless my opponent was running a broken clutch or almost broken rearend 9and then... why run somebody who is broken anyway). If I set it up ahead of time, I am not risking the chance of not hearing a honk, or missing a downshift or dealing with traffic or whatever. It'll never be a fair race because you will NEVER both be in your ideal powerbands at the same time. From a dig, that **** is all neutralized and everybody is on the same page.

PS, thanks for not resorting to name calling like a little bitch because we don't totally agree. It's nice getting to just have a talk without that garbage, you know?
A bolt-on 2001 Mustang GT 5spd is an easy car to launch. Ask me how I know. And there are certain speeds where most cars will be just fine, like a 50mph 2nd gear roll.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

phantomr/t... u ever go out to the corner??
Old 02-24-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
A bolt-on 2001 Mustang GT 5spd is an easy car to launch. Ask me how I know. And there are certain speeds where most cars will be just fine, like a 50mph 2nd gear roll.
yeah, they are rediculously easy to launch. Although, to be honest, I ran better times on street tires than I did on track wheels and tires. (just way more consistant on the slicks) I could never figure that out except for the fact that it kinda danced around on the big end with the real tires and I didnt like how it felt.

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
phantomr/t... u ever go out to the corner??
for the last 7 years
Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Hmmm. I used to go out there, But I prob havent been there in a month or so.. what color is your Z28?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im ready for some money betting in a few weeks any takers?track or street?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
Hmmm. I used to go out there, But I prob havent been there in a month or so.. what color is your Z28?
red/black. Can't miss it, I guarantee it. (old pic linked in my sig here)

You and I would probably be a dead nuts even race lookin at your info! I even have the same horrible stall/gears combo
Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Not me just saying that doesnt take as much rwhp to beat a Cobra. I raped his little *** and he was all butthurt. The bad thing is if he had actually wanted to run again and I would have sprayed him he might have killed himself.
you beat A cobra with less hp. does not mean you will take them all. a 50 horse difference is a lot. put a competent driver in the cobra and it would be another story.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Banned

Thank you!!!

99Z28- I dont live and breathe track times plain and simple I am not gonna break my car to get that extra ET.....I would rather do it on the street...IMO on the street you will spin before you break something....I am sure I could throw slicks on this spring with my port and go for the 10's but I am not going to. I am not big on bench racing either...but like I said before I told you on here I think I will beat you with a 100 shot that you DONT even have and I would tell you that to your face....from a dig I would edge you out 20 roll i would win 40 roll I would walk you. But I forgot you dont even have spray so guess it doesnt matter.

Ok, I'll take it as a loss...good game!

(how about a 125shot? j/k)
Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

red/black. Can't miss it, I guarantee it. (old pic linked in my sig here)

You and I would probably be a dead nuts even race lookin at your info! I even have the same horrible stall/gears combo

Maybe? Idk it might be fun.
when are you going back out there??

Quick Reply: 02 TA Vs 03 Cobra