Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed an SRT-8 Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man I'm on spring break all this week so once this snow clears up middle next week we should get out. If you took the camera man I'm sure we could get some interesting runs on film, and try out my theory on getting other people to play on the highway .

[/threadjack]
Old 02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Thanks... and you dont even have to check other sites. Just check *****'s sig and Deuuuce's sig. Both have some pretty basic mods and a tune and put down over 400 RWHP. I'm not really sure how much of a gain it is over stock, but it's impressive regardless.
Yeah, they are great looking cars and they make good power, but like the GT500s, it just sucks that they weigh so much.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

if i remember correctly he had intake, exhaust, and tune. he claimed 380rwhp. when i raced him i had everything in my sig minus ls7 clutch, ported tb, underdrive pulley, and all suspension mods and on top of that i had a fucked tranny which is currently getting rebuilt, 3rd and 4th gears were broke and it had a lot of other broke peices in the bottom of it from the previous owner. when they rebuilt it last time they didnt clean it out. im also gonna get it re-dynoed to see how much of a diff the tranny rebuild made.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
Hey man I'm on spring break all this week so once this snow clears up middle next week we should get out. If you took the camera man I'm sure we could get some interesting runs on film, and try out my theory on getting other people to play on the highway .

[/threadjack]
I'm game for whatever any time the weather is decent enough.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the jester 812
you cant take anyone beating your mighty srt8's can you? its not the op fault someone wanted to race him while having 4 people. maybe the srt8 guy shouldnt have raced with 4 people.
Not at all but as mentioned, its like posting a race vs. an Integra. I mean it might be entertaining if the guy puts on driving gloves at the light though.

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
At the light they yelled over asking if I wanted to race, which I wanted to anyway. I must've missed the rule sheet on my cam about not racing cars with 4 people in them. My bad. I even mentioned to them after the first race "It's not really fair.. your car is loaded and I'm alone."

I'm just posting up a fun experience.. my first SRT-8 race yet. Some of you get bent out of shape quick.
I totally understand. Even stock to stock whoever has 4 people in it is dead in the water.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
The car is a fat pig without the 4 people in it, so I guess we shouldn't post any races against them since it's obviously not fair to them.
Not saying that. It was really kind of a waste of gas though.

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
Didn't you know Deuce is Mr. SRT8 Defender on Every Board on the Internet? Just playin with ya man.
Only when warranted. Hey, even if it was a CTS-V with 4 people in it, I would still state the same. And yes, I probably would have bothered to read it to!

Originally Posted by badazz99ta
if i remember correctly he had intake, exhaust, and tune. he claimed 380rwhp. when i raced him i had everything in my sig minus ls7 clutch, ported tb, underdrive pulley, and all suspension mods and on top of that i had a fucked tranny which is currently getting rebuilt, 3rd and 4th gears were broke and it had a lot of other broke peices in the bottom of it from the previous owner. when they rebuilt it last time they didnt clean it out. im also gonna get it re-dynoed to see how much of a diff the tranny rebuild made.
Just an fyi, 380rwhp s/b intake and exhaust but not a tune unless the dyno is conservative. Keep us posted on the new dyno numbers and a single-occupant SRT-8 race...
Old 03-01-2009, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Not saying that. It was really kind of a waste of gas though.
Personally, I don't look at any race as a waste of gas. Like PSM said, it's a good excuse to go WOT. If racing a slower car is a waste of gas then I hope you never punch it when your not racing...that'd be like an offense worthy of execusion
Old 03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by badazz99ta

Assuming he still has those mods, you should take him. I know a guy who has Heads & Cam, Bolt On's & i really dont know everything else he has done to his T/A but he would kill a SRT8 Super Bee Charger with Full Exhaust, Intake & hand held tune. Super Bee's only win against him was on Nitrous. Idk about now though, the Charger has been Cammed & Tuned. I dont think they've raced since then but i would assume you would take that SRT8 if he has the same mods.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

im certain i will. i didnt know why i lost, but now that i found out how bad the tranny was i know that was robbing quiet a bit of hp. i should have the car out this week and then i gotta break in the clutch. after that i will race him and post it in this section, probably with a video.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Personally, I don't look at any race as a waste of gas. Like PSM said, it's a good excuse to go WOT. If racing a slower car is a waste of gas then I hope you never punch it when your not racing...that'd be like an offense worthy of execusion
I suppose you're right. It's a matter of perspective and/or mood I guess.