Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 LT1 vs. 500 S mustang (2008 ?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009 | 01:29 AM
Teching In

+1

Ford has way too many different models for the Mustang. Even if they don't make them personally, they are still partially liable for how ridiculous it has gotten. If they do the same thing with the Camaro...ya know I don't wanna think about it. Hopefully anything that involves customizing them will be left up to the buyer, not the seller.

And I think everyone forgot the King of the Road Mustang. Just throwin that out there.
Old 03-02-2009 | 01:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRMach1
The Shelby GT hasn't come off an assembly line for a couple of years now. I did forget about the Bullitt, but that's done after the '09 model year too.

I wonder how many different models of this new Camaro we'll see. I already saw one all done up like Mark Donahue's old Trans Am racer, and the car hasn't even gone on sale yet!
They made one in '08.
http://mustangs.about.com/od/modelye...prv_shlbgt.htm

That was the last year though.
Old 03-02-2009 | 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Seeing that all the Ford guys in here cannot agree with how many Mustang versions there are is a testament to the fact that there are too many.
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:06 AM
Teching In

My point was that there is really only 3 models of Mustang that come off the assembly line, V6, GT, and Shelby GT500. You could maybe make an argument for the Bullitt, since it was an upgrade package applied to the Mustang GT at the factory.

Even if you try to count the Shelby GT, it came off the assembly line as a Mustang GT, and was treated to a trip out to Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, and then was returned to the customer. The same thing is done to the GT500 KR and Super Snake. They come off the assembly line as GT500's and then get shipped out to Shelby.

Roush, Saleen, Steeda, and all the rest purchase bulk Mustang GT's and turn them into their own brands, at their own shops, and then resell them through selected Ford Dealerships.
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Youz GM guys are just jealous, You know why GM doesn't have alot of versions of the Camaro and Trans Am. Because there is no more camaro and trans am.. And I'll believe they are making them again when I can buy one. GM is like the horse and the carrot with this car.
All joking aside, I hope they are not out of buisness before they can build em.

Oh by the way now that my rants over...good kill OP!!!
Old 03-02-2009 | 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

NewSchool,
Thanks for the props, and I like your sig pic. Looks like your MACH is no joke
Old 03-02-2009 | 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
+1

Ford has way too many different models for the Mustang. Even if they don't make them personally, they are still partially liable for how ridiculous it has gotten. If they do the same thing with the Camaro...ya know I don't wanna think about it. Hopefully anything that involves customizing them will be left up to the buyer, not the seller.

And I think everyone forgot the King of the Road Mustang. Just throwin that out there.
theyre liable for owners modifying their personal cars? ive heard it all now.

making all the different versions fills different niches; the mustang is the only car in its class it can branch out and pull in more sales.
Old 03-02-2009 | 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TRMach1
My point was that there is really only 3 models of Mustang that come off the assembly line, V6, GT, and Shelby GT500. You could maybe make an argument for the Bullitt, since it was an upgrade package applied to the Mustang GT at the factory.

Even if you try to count the Shelby GT, it came off the assembly line as a Mustang GT, and was treated to a trip out to Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, and then was returned to the customer. The same thing is done to the GT500 KR and Super Snake. They come off the assembly line as GT500's and then get shipped out to Shelby.

Roush, Saleen, Steeda, and all the rest purchase bulk Mustang GT's and turn them into their own brands, at their own shops, and then resell them through selected Ford Dealerships.
The Shelby GT doesn't go out to LV to get modded and neither does the KR. Both are (were, in the GT's case) sold through dealers with incredible markup to people who are totally clueless

The GT500 Super Snake and maybe the GT-SC (S/C Shelby GT) is the only one to go to Las Vegas and back to a customer.
Old 03-02-2009 | 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Seeing that all the Ford guys in here cannot agree with how many Mustang versions there are is a testament to the fact that there are too many.
I can't beleive it, we actually agree on something.
Originally Posted by Sarge_13
The Shelby GT doesn't go out to LV to get modded and neither does the KR. Both are (were, in the GT's case) sold through dealers with incredible markup to people who are totally clueless

The GT500 Super Snake and maybe the GT-SC (S/C Shelby GT) is the only one to go to Las Vegas and back to a customer.
That's what I thought.

But as Marc pointed out.......teh point still stands that there are too many.
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
theyre liable for owners modifying their personal cars? ive heard it all now.

making all the different versions fills different niches; the mustang is the only car in its class it can branch out and pull in more sales.
I should've gone back and edited that, it didn't come out right. Ford knows that these companies make modifications to the factory cars, and they allow them to. That, IMO, makes them partially responsible for how many different editions of the Mustang have come out. If a performance shop did work on my car, the most they would do is put a sticker on the window with their company name, not call it a Wedan Trans Am for ex. Just my opinion though.
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Does Ford have to authorize these dealership modified cars? I would think so. Personally, if I had a car company and a dealer modified the car a new car a way I didn't like, I'd be pretty pissed.
Old 03-02-2009 | 11:05 PM
***Repost Police***

$$$ They see more money, they don't care.
Old 03-02-2009 | 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
$$$ They see more money, they don't care.
But that doesn't answer my question.
Old 03-03-2009 | 01:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96silverram
NewSchool,
Thanks for the props, and I like your sig pic. Looks like your MACH is no joke
Thanks man I appreciate it. I went through a GM phase. Had a 85 IROC, 88 Formula, and a 94 Formula. I have a soft spot in my heart for LT-1's. I had a full exhaust a lid and 150 shot on my Formula, it was a blast. Best I could go was 12.8 at 107. LOL. Weak driver mod I think.
Old 03-03-2009 | 01:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Thanks man I appreciate it. I went through a GM phase. Had a 85 IROC, 88 Formula, and a 94 Formula. I have a soft spot in my heart for LT-1's. I had a full exhaust a lid and 150 shot on my Formula, it was a blast. Best I could go was 12.8 at 107. LOL. Weak driver mod I think.
eh' IDK think so........crappy track.

BTW - Sent you a reply On M1R with a link for the Cam info you asked about.
Old 03-03-2009 | 01:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
eh' IDK think so........crappy track.

BTW - Sent you a reply On M1R with a link for the Cam info you asked about.
Thanks bro I was gonna get back there but I am having so much fun here.LOL
Old 03-03-2009 | 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Thanks bro I was gonna get back there but I am having so much fun here.LOL
NP man....I'm out for the night....Up in 6 hours.