Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ME vs cobalt ss

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
yea my bad i ment 08. and its a sweet *** car, red with the low rise wing, ren recaro seats. if i didnt already have the T/A i would be all over that car like stick on glue.
Yeah. That was an awesome deal. On a car that gets 290whp 330wtq with just a tune! Makes me hate my LT1s
Old 03-10-2009, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supernova1972
Yeah. That was an awesome deal. On a car that gets 290whp 330wtq with just a tune! Makes me hate my LT1s

yea weights less and gets better mileage! but then again i only paid 5k for my LT1 back a year and a half ago. not 14k so its all relative.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Teching In

If I wasn't steering away from FWD for my next vehicle, I'd be all over a slightly used Cobalt SS/TC.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by b4christ15
If I wasn't steering away from FWD for my next vehicle, I'd be all over a slightly used Cobalt SS/TC.
ha thats totally understandable, i wouldnt mind one for a DD and slight track use car.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Launching!

ha thats totally understandable, i wouldnt mind one for a DD and slight track use car.
Thats why i have started looking at them. I have to start driving around 100 miles day soon and i wouldnt die from boredom in one. The redlines are even cheaper. I have seen some for under $10k and they are a little lighter.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

Thats why i have started looking at them. I have to start driving around 100 miles day soon and i wouldnt die from boredom in one. The redlines are even cheaper. I have seen some for under $10k and they are a little lighter.
damn under 10K and its lighter!? holy crap man, i might trade my car in for one of those bad boys!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1nut377
yea they do good, that is impressive. good job gm.

i dont care if people dont like my opinion about them. people have there own, thats what ive been saying. know one seems to understand,
I understand but by calling the Cobalt a POS. Your gonna get the ppl who own them, jumping all over your ***.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Launching!

damn under 10K and its lighter!? holy crap man, i might trade my car in for one of those bad boys!
Yeah my guess is people see Saturn and say ah screw that its a sturn lol. That or the retarded center mount guages on them. It seems that a Redline is $1000-$2500 cheaper than a comparable Cobalt SS. And they have the Saturn composite body panels so yeah a little lighter, I believe 2700-2900 pounds. Dont quote me on that tho. So to me, the perfect DD. Fun, fast and good on gas.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Teching In

I just read like 5 pages of smiling

I usually post in my local section cuz im dont have a BIG gm motor car but some guys know me tho. Buddy owned a LS2 C6 was pretty bad had a procharger and everything, anyways......

Ill be the first to post being an owner of the LSJ motor and i just laugh at the fact the the OP didnt even bother reading specs or anything and ASSUMED it was a POS. Wow i still love vettes even tho there overrated and see them everywhere but im not a hater, also not a big fan of trans ams or firebired unless its a WS6. But yah, bolt ons and tune these motors pack serious consistent HP with sustained boost around 15-17 dependin on pulley sizes.

Ill be honest and say im around the 260-270whp mark and deff get alot of respect from other big GM cars and alot of other non gm cars. Im gonna be racing my buddies 5.7 gto with catless mids and stage 2 clutch from a 20 and 40 roll, cuz im not stupid to take the dig challenge cuz i know ill lose. I dont know why people cant just respect eachother and what they own unless they start **** with you or are completly RICE then sometimes its ok. Anyways feel free to ask any ?'s my hotline is 24/7.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilhomieb07
I just read like 5 pages of smiling

I usually post in my local section cuz im dont have a BIG gm motor car but some guys know me tho. Buddy owned a LS2 C6 was pretty bad had a procharger and everything, anyways......

Ill be the first to post being an owner of the LSJ motor and i just laugh at the fact the the OP didnt even bother reading specs or anything and ASSUMED it was a POS. Wow i still love vettes even tho there overrated and see them everywhere but im not a hater, also not a big fan of trans ams or firebired unless its a WS6. But yah, bolt ons and tune these motors pack serious consistent HP with sustained boost around 15-17 dependin on pulley sizes.

Ill be honest and say im around the 260-270whp mark and deff get alot of respect from other big GM cars and alot of other non gm cars. Im gonna be racing my buddies 5.7 gto with catless mids and stage 2 clutch from a 20 and 40 roll, cuz im not stupid to take the dig challenge cuz i know ill lose. I dont know why people cant just respect eachother and what they own unless they start **** with you or are completly RICE then sometimes its ok. Anyways feel free to ask any ?'s my hotline is 24/7.
Question. How does it ride with all of that done to it? Is the understeer bad?
Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
Question. How does it ride with all of that done to it? Is the understeer bad?
It rides pretty smooth unless im goin over bumps being lowered it hits alot harder but the actual ride is real smooth and u feel in real control.

Actually its not that bad, ive gotten used to it. With supporting mods it actually holds pretty well i can mashed it with one hand on the wheel and the other on the shifter, be4 i had to keep both hands on the wheel and jump over to shift.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they make the ions with the TC option? I would be all over that ****. I want a slowbalt ss or redline for a DD....or a srt8 300...but for the gas mileage my buddies stage 2 was getting, can't really beat it. To bad the stealership he traded his car into fucked it up...
Old 04-04-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

back when my balt ran it was running 13.60 @102.5 mph with yokohama avid h4 all seasons on the front and it had a blown clutch... that was with $1300.00 in mods
there not bad cars at all now whens she back up and running we will see what she runs.... btw 2006 cobalt ss/sc g85
Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If those are mustang dyno numbers its about 100 whp down compared to my lt1 and mine runs a sloppy 2800 midwest stall. When I get the time I'll install the vig 3500 that's been sitting in my garage for a couple of months. (Ed believes its a better match to my combo)

What I'm trying to say is LT1s can make power it just takes a little work/$$$ and a plan. But than again that goes for about any engine.

Last edited by aboatguy; 04-04-2009 at 08:57 AM.