Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock C6 Z06 vs 550 rwhp Supra

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steiner
I see what you're saying now. Turbos go bad in a multitude of ways. Sounds like you're talking about catastrophic failures (i.e. grenading turbos). Those kind of failures can definitely wreak serious havoc downstream.
Yes definitely the catastrophic kind, a lot of things can go wrong in a NA engine but short of a rod through the block, you don't have to get a whole new engine.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Talking

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
Posting random youtube videos is useless IMO. . unless you were there or own one of the vehicles then you honestly have no idea what any of the cars setups were, or the conditions of the races or the drivers. . pretty much nothing. I'm sure I can find a video of a gremlin beating a c6z or a supra if I wanted. . I guess that means gremlins are faster than both.
You're absolutely right... not only do I own that Z06... the handsome guy driving is me... and I also picked the gay music...lol

The Supra wasn't tuned well... listen careully you can hear it pop and grown. The velocities at which the races began were not advantageous to the Supra but very fortunate for me... don't forget, I can do 100 kph in 1st gear. Plus, I've been racing competitively for a while, my SS is a faceplated 6-speed car, I've been banging gears a lot longer than my friend in the Supra. He's a nice guy, very humble, and in his defense if we had started in his sweet zone it would have taken me a few seconds to catch up and then pass him

The Z06 in my opinion (and I've driven everything from Viper to Ferrari) is a great car, low weight, lots of everyday usability for a "supercar" and bloody cheap when compared to what else gets you that kind of go.

So... WhitePhoenix99, hopefully this helps.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ßlackßeard
I can do 100 kph in 1st gear.
and bloody cheap when compared to what else gets you that kind of go.
The two statements above prove 1 thing to me, you are definitely not in American. Not that its a bad thing at all, just found it amusing, especially after reading bloody cheap!

Its either Canada, or England. So which is it?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
The two statements above prove 1 thing to me, you are definitely not in American. Not that its a bad thing at all, just found it amusing, especially after reading bloody cheap!

I am pretty sure he is not IN American either
Old 03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Posting random youtube videos is useless IMO. . unless you were there or own one of the vehicles then you honestly have no idea what any of the cars setups were, or the conditions of the races or the drivers. . pretty much nothing. I'm sure I can find a video of a gremlin beating a c6z or a supra if I wanted. . I guess that means gremlins are faster than both.
Well also posting a video of a badly tuned supra with an even worse driver doesn't give you a good comparison either does it.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA

I'm in Canadian
Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
Well also posting a video of a badly tuned supra with an even worse driver doesn't give you a good comparison either does it.
Point taken... however the badly tuned Supra DID make 550 rwhp on the dyno... with a better tune who knows.

If you want to get technical, you need to compare

1. Weight of vehicles
2. rwhp...maybe, how the power is delivered for sure... linear and flat vs...
3. The gearing
4. Aerodynamics to a smaller extent (we never got over 260kph)
5. Driver familiarity of the vehicle.

As an example, my SS on motor makes 65 less rwhp then the Z06, it weighs 300 lbs more but is .5 sec quicker in the quarter at the only 2 mph less. The car is made to do one thing... accelerate from 0 really quickly. The irony of this all... the SS still gets over 30 mpg on the highway... gotta love a manual.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

LOL. . badly tuned? It may have been. Either way it's puttin down about 100 more hp to the wheels than the stock zo6.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

You're absolutely right... not only do I own that Z06... the handsome guy driving is me... and I also picked the gay music...lol

The Supra wasn't tuned well... listen careully you can hear it pop and grown. The velocities at which the races began were not advantageous to the Supra but very fortunate for me... don't forget, I can do 100 kph in 1st gear. Plus, I've been racing competitively for a while, my SS is a faceplated 6-speed car, I've been banging gears a lot longer than my friend in the Supra. He's a nice guy, very humble, and in his defense if we had started in his sweet zone it would have taken me a few seconds to catch up and then pass him

The Z06 in my opinion (and I've driven everything from Viper to Ferrari) is a great car, low weight, lots of everyday usability for a "supercar" and bloody cheap when compared to what else gets you that kind of go.

So... WhitePhoenix99, hopefully this helps.
Well if that is your zo6 then my statement wasn't directed towards you I suppose lol. Very nice car you have sir . Any plans for mods??
Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Teching In

LOL. . badly tuned? It may have been. Either way it's puttin down about 100 more hp to the wheels than the stock zo6.
The guy even said it was badly tuned, you can hear how horrible the tune was. You can put down 550 and you car will still run like dogshit if its not a very good tune. And unless you didn't watch the video you can see how poorly the driver did as well.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

The guy even said it was badly tuned, you can hear how horrible the tune was. You can put down 550 and you car will still run like dogshit if its not a very good tune. And unless you didn't watch the video you can see how poorly the driver did as well.
Uhhhhhhhhh. . .550hp is 550hp. A good tune would only net a higher hp figure. It's obviously not running like "****" if it still put down 550hp to the wheels.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Uhhhhhhhhh. . .550hp is 550hp. A good tune would only net a higher hp figure. It's obviously not running like "****" if it still put down 550hp to the wheels.
Your car can run like **** bog down 18 different times and still put out 550hp lol. Like your car dies all the time but put it on a dyno it will make a hp number lol. But hey I am probably wrong since you are always, ALWAYS right.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Your car can run like **** bog down 18 different times and still put out 550hp lol. Like your car dies all the time but put it on a dyno it will make a hp number lol. But hey I am probably wrong since you are always, ALWAYS right.
LOL. . my car dies because the fuel pump is about done. So no it wouldn't put down the same # on the dyno with a bad fuel pump. You seem to be talking about driveability with your "tuning" argument. . The supra put down what it put down, period. But it lost. . no point in the ricer excuses. If the driver thinks a retune will help that much then he should tune it and run again to see.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Teching In

LOL. . my car dies because the fuel pump is about done. So no it wouldn't put down the same # on the dyno with a bad fuel pump. You seem to be talking about driveability with your "tuning" argument. . The supra put down what it put down, period. But it lost. . no point in the ricer excuses. If the driver thinks a retune will help that much then he should tune it and run again to see.
This video, you shouldn't even be watching since you don't know both platforms, drivers, or anything else for that matter. You already said these random videos are pointless. Ricer excuses.....the OP said it had a bad tune and unless your blind you can tell it is a horrible driver.

In my video a z06 loses, it put down what it put down, and lost period. No mulletenraged excuses.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

This video, you shouldn't even be watching since you don't know both platforms, drivers, or anything else for that matter. You already said these random videos are pointless. Ricer excuses.....the OP said it had a bad tune and unless your blind you can tell it is a horrible driver.

In my video a z06 loses, it put down what it put down, and lost period. No mulletenraged excuses.
Haha. . no I said ppl shouldn't post random videos they don't know anything about. Like you did. The op was the driver of the c6z so I think he has every right to post it. And I believe what he meant by "bad tune" is that the supra still has some hp left in it with a better tune. Not that it runs like ****. Any more pointless arguments you would like to add? lol
Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Haha. . no I said ppl shouldn't post random videos they don't know anything about. Like you did. The op was the driver of the c6z so I think he has every right to post it. And I believe what he meant by "bad tune" is that the supra still has some hp left in it with a better tune. Not that it runs like ****. Any more pointless arguments you would like to add? lol
Yes one being that my videos aren't random they were searched for specifically. Also you do not know the op, he has the right to post it but you don't know whats up with either car or either driver. But hey I guess my videos don't count. And by bad tune, after that he said it still makes some noises, he didn't say it has more hp in it. Any car with a better or different tune has more hp in it. Like I said I have seen cars with big hp have bad tunes at a track and immediately not be able to launch or their **** bogs down. And as I have stated, that driver sucks a big one.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Yes one being that my videos aren't random they were searched for specifically. Also you do not know the op, he has the right to post it but you don't know whats up with either car or either driver. But hey I guess my videos don't count. And by bad tune, after that he said it still makes some noises, he didn't say it has more hp in it. Any car with a better or different tune has more hp in it. Like I said I have seen cars with big hp have bad tunes at a track and immediately not be able to launch or their **** bogs down. And as I have stated, that driver sucks a big one.
I know what was stated by the op. Who is also friends with the supra driver. And the cars your referring to running at the track that made "big" hp but not able to launch were do to traction problems. Not tuning issues. Anything else?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Teching In

I know what was stated by the op. Who is also friends with the supra driver. And the cars your referring to running at the track that made "big" hp but not able to launch were do to traction problems. Not tuning issues. Anything else?
Sounds like ricer excuses to me....

and do is due....
Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds like ricer excuses to me....

and do is due....
Well it's excuses you were making sooooo. . . what does that tell you
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Lets be real.. tuning a FI car is something you'd know absolutely nothing about whitephoenix99.. unlike N/A tuning its not just about putting out more power.. it affect when the powerband is in its premium of power... sure there will be more power out of it, but its meant to tune the car to be in the powerband for as long as possible and at the right time. With a turbo, you're looking at the mixture of the engines powerband and the way the powerband acts under boost. Also take into consideration the weight difference between the Supra and the C6Z... a little over 400 pounds between an C6Z and a mk4 Supra TT 6 spd.

As for the vid its a good kill.. I respect the Z06 for what it is.. Id still rather wait a few years and buy a GTR and you can plainly hear/see the Supra's need of a better tune and a better driver. There are vids all over youtube of cars that shouldn't be logically faster than other cars but it happens. If you enough determination and money you can make anything fast, and faster than something else.

Quick Reply: Stock C6 Z06 vs 550 rwhp Supra