Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My formula ws7 VS Isuzu Stylus Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My formula ws7 VS Isuzu Stylus Turbo

So it was getting dark and my buddy wanted to go practice launching his car and so did I.So we go out into the country somewhere and do two runs against each other.He has a built 1.8 dohc with arias pistons 9to1 comp. and a gt30 turbo with 9psi, he has some other stuff but not sure cause Im not into that cars specs.And my ride is a 2000 formula ws7 m6 with gears and the rest is in the sig.So we line up and Im staging at like 3500-3700 and we go hes spinning and I and Im spinning al lil and about a car aheadand than I grab and than take off.By me grabbing third hes like 3 cars behind and gives up it looks to me cause i pull really hard. So when we stop i as k him what happened he says he hit fuel cut and it shut down.So we go again and i get almost perfect launch and am up bout a car 3/4 of one.So i shift into third and look in rear view and hes way back like 3-4 cars and Im pulling so i keep going thru fourth and look back and im like 7-8 cars now so i shut down and coast.So he tells me man i need slicks i get no traction???His car is pretty quik cause i watched him race a few EVO'S and STI'S and beat them and they were not stock either.But it was my second time out with the gears so I need to learn to launch it.But i have got practice now and Iam confident to go out and race more.

Last edited by 209ryder; 03-29-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

good runs nick! i'll have to run him just to see how i do