Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

barely beat a trans am.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009 | 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by whipplecharged03
no i dont have cats. the state i live in does not have inspections. its Arkansas.
So why'd you switch to the shorties over the longs?
Old 04-21-2009 | 01:42 PM
Teching In

ok. im just going to come out and say it. when i looked at my headers and what my dad told me when he looked at them. said they were long tube headers. then when i got to asking a lot of questions with my tuner he looked everything over and told me i had shortys and not long tubes. I was just trying to cover my *** but made myself look like an even bigger dumbass for not know **** about cars. but other than the shortys and H pipe. i was dead on the money on all of my other modds that i said were on my car. so theres the story. but my tires will be on thursday and will be able to have it tuned properly on saturday. then hopefully after i get my next check i will be able to dyno it. yes im a freakin newbie. yes im a dumbass when it comes to motors and modifications. but im trying to learn. and yes mike whether you believe it or not i do listen to what you say. i will quit sayin my car might run this because i ran a car that runs this until my track finally opens back up around here. so hopefully i have made a few people happy and im sure im fixing to get ripped severly now but oh well. thats the story. i am trying to learn as much as i can about motors right now that way i wont just be able to drive the cars i will also be able to talk and do the work to the cars as well.
Old 04-21-2009 | 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

The neat thing about Mustang drivers, they can shift without using thier hands. Just don't touch the shifter when you go for a ride with them.
Old 04-21-2009 | 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok. im just going to come out and say it. when i looked at my headers and what my dad told me when he looked at them. said they were long tube headers. then when i got to asking a lot of questions with my tuner he looked everything over and told me i had shortys and not long tubes. I was just trying to cover my *** but made myself look like an even bigger dumbass for not know **** about cars. but other than the shortys and H pipe. i was dead on the money on all of my other modds that i said were on my car. so theres the story. but my tires will be on thursday and will be able to have it tuned properly on saturday. then hopefully after i get my next check i will be able to dyno it. yes im a freakin newbie. yes im a dumbass when it comes to motors and modifications. but im trying to learn. and yes mike whether you believe it or not i do listen to what you say. i will quit sayin my car might run this because i ran a car that runs this until my track finally opens back up around here. so hopefully i have made a few people happy and im sure im fixing to get ripped severly now but oh well. thats the story. i am trying to learn as much as i can about motors right now that way i wont just be able to drive the cars i will also be able to talk and do the work to the cars as well.
Then Just say that next time..****. SO you were informed wrong on the mods and found out otherwise....there you go.

Now...WTF do you mean by "but my tires will be on thursday and will be able to have it tuned properly on saturday. then hopefully after i get my next check i will be able to dyno it."

Get it tuned properly on saturday then get it on a dyno? WHAT? To get it tuned PROPERLY it WILL be on a dyno. (there are other ways, but you don't have a wideband setup).

EDIT: Look man.....Send me a PM letting me know what you have done, what you want to do, and what your overall plans are, what your 'short time' budget is, and what you are 'planning' to do within the next little bit. The help is there if you just ask. If you want to ruin your car, that's your choice, but IDK too many people that do.
Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
The neat thing about Mustang drivers, they can shift without using thier hands. Just don't touch the shifter when you go for a ride with them.
******' Scott.
Old 04-21-2009 | 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

!!!! Well im not gunna be the one to sit and stab at you anymore. Seems you've learned your lesson about coming on an performance car enthusiast's website spouting off stuff that you arent 100% sure of.

Just sit back and do some reading, and some more research. The 13.2 you've ran before is a pretty decent time for someone who is new to the sport and drag racing, so don't get your hopes down. Just get educated! And then when you know enough maybe later on you can take your turn at flaming a few newbs

Take it easy and at least you had the ***** to man up and admitt what really happened.
Old 04-21-2009 | 02:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Good runs..I ran a 5spd New Edge GT from about a 20mph roll and left him at 30-40 mph @ 1/2 throttle...He stayed about 100 yds back after that...he was modded, not sure to what extent though.
Old 04-21-2009 | 03:20 PM
On The Tree

IMO if its from a dig with a 1/4 measured then it will be a good indication as long as the guy your running has NO problems launching...if he can launch good and hook just like at the track then there is no reason it won't be a good indication...
Old 04-21-2009 | 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
IMO if its from a dig with a 1/4 measured then it will be a good indication as long as the guy your running has NO problems launching...if he can launch good and hook just like at the track then there is no reason it won't be a good indication...
That is the trick though isn't it. That crazy "IF" just never happens.
Old 04-21-2009 | 04:01 PM
10 Second Club

Well it took 9 pages and you finally got schooled. To quote a famous Blues Brother "Jesus H Christ I see the light" Listen if your smart take up Pony (Mike)'s offer and PM him. He'll take the time go through your **** and come up with a plan for you. He's got plenty of time since he ain't driving nothing. At the very least you'll have an educated blueprint of how to get where you want to be. it will save you alot of $ and stress.

Now to complete my here's a few more pics of ATF (automatic trans factory)'s awsome new edge Mustang.

By the way Scott they even build awsome GM() transmissions.
Old 04-21-2009 | 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Well it took 9 pages and you finally got schooled. Listen if your smart take up Pony (Mike)'s offer and PM him. He'll take the time go through your **** and come up with a plan for you. He's got plenty of time since he ain't driving nothing. At the very least you'll have an educated blueprint of how to get where you want to be. it will save you alot of $ and stress.

Now to complete my here's a few more pics of ATF (automatic trans factory)'s awsome new edge Mustang.

LOL whats funny is, remember you used to hate me.LOL Ah good times. Do they build those things for the street?
Old 04-21-2009 | 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

LOL whats funny is, remember you used to hate me.LOL Ah good times. Do they build those things for the street?
Thats true hmmmmm........I wonder why the Mustang guys hate you before they get to know you. If they knew what I know ( Sam Kinison never died he is hiding under the screen name "CoNfUzEd") I respect anyone who can build a pro stock car in his small *** garage with jack stands and a creeper. Anyhow you mean the trans or the Procharger?
Old 04-21-2009 | 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Pony you know Sarge swings both ways.
I'm gonna ban you again.....LOL!
Old 04-21-2009 | 05:42 PM
Teching In

Well it took 9 pages and you finally got schooled. To quote a famous Blues Brother "Jesus H Christ I see the light" Listen if your smart take up Pony (Mike)'s offer and PM him. He'll take the time go through your **** and come up with a plan for you. He's got plenty of time since he ain't driving nothing. At the very least you'll have an educated blueprint of how to get where you want to be. it will save you alot of $ and stress.

i am taking him up on his offer.
Old 04-21-2009 | 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** you Carl. Good Thing I luvya man!.

He did PM me...I responded..we'll see where it goes. I can offer the suggestions andhelp, it's up to him to take some of the advice.

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
I'm gonna ban you again.....LOL!
Old 04-21-2009 | 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

This one's done...