Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BS thread/Rant, New found hate

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't feel like reading it all...but my .02. ALL car crowds have that, be it Stangs, F bodies, Y bodies, Supras, Hondas, ect. You have the cocky, holier than thou status...then you have people like me, and my buddy that builds hondas...we just love fast cars. Doesn't matter, as long as its not rice, we love fast cars. I just wish more people (around here atleast) could think like that.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be honest, the most involved, and most addicted I got to the whole car scene was when I owned a Mustang. One thing I'll say for mustang owners is they are LOYAL. I have never helped, been helped, supported, and offered assistance more than when I was a mustang owner. In FACT, I am an active member of a local mustang forum because there simply isnt the love and loyalty for the Fbodies as their is for the mustang IMHO....sure I take my flack for having the Fbody, but they also respect the LS1...lol
Old 04-14-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by silverM6TA
i have to disagree. im around as many fbody guys and ricers as i am mustangs. fbody guys can be the same and ricers are just flat out annoying. but its more common for a mustang driver to think he has the baddest **** on the street(typically the new edge guys). and after they win, you can bet your *** your fixing to hear it. dont get me wrong, i have alot of mustang friends, such as OP, but he is the only one that understands how most mustang drivers are. not bashing anyone.
I ahve to disagree with what you're saying...with the exception of in your area.

also...by comparison, how many stang guys do you run into versus fbod and ricers, etc. I'd be shocked it if wasn't close to 2:1.

But, we all have our own experiences. That's why you just gotta do what you can.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
HAHAHAHA I love being a cocky/******* Mustang owner. I think I do it well

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Those guys are just mad that they purchased a slow, girls car. So they project themselves as a tough guy so they feel better. I just issue the standard F-body beat down, repeatedly if need be, and they usually go away.
MMMhMMM....one of these days Manny, after I get back into a mach you'll have to make a trip to sunny CA.

Originally Posted by Turrry
I'll be honest, the most involved, and most addicted I got to the whole car scene was when I owned a Mustang. One thing I'll say for mustang owners is they are LOYAL. I have never helped, been helped, supported, and offered assistance more than when I was a mustang owner. In FACT, I am an active member of a local mustang forum because there simply isnt the love and loyalty for the Fbodies as their is for the mustang IMHO....sure I take my flack for having the Fbody, but they also respect the LS1...lol
Very TRuthful post IMO.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Guys, you are right about this being in all sort of crowds. Around where I live you see more mustang drivers 5:1 to fbodys and ricers, so it really gets frustrating!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
Guys, you are right about this being in all sort of crowds. Around where I live you see more mustang drivers 5:1 to fbodys and ricers, so it really gets frustrating!
And that's why it's more common...more sales=more ignorance=more annoyance.

ANd no..that wasn't a dig on fbod sales...just a fact.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Didn't feel like reading it all...but my .02. ALL car crowds have that, be it Stangs, F bodies, Y bodies, Supras, Hondas, ect. You have the cocky, holier than thou status...then you have people like me, and my buddy that builds hondas...we just love fast cars. Doesn't matter, as long as its not rice, we love fast cars. I just wish more people (around here atleast) could think like that.
WORD!!! Take me for example! I drive a 2005 chrysler sebring and think Im the shiat!!! then again I think im the shiat in any car I drive! lol, it could be a pinto and id stilll be pimpin

p.s. Im A.D.D.!!! Leave me alone
Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
WORD!!! Take me for example! I drive a 2005 chrysler sebring and think Im the shiat!!! then again I think im the shiat in any car I drive! lol, it could be a pinto and id stilll be pimpin

p.s. Im A.D.D.!!! Leave me alone
the only thing ihate is this guy.........

you get your V yet so i can rape you?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Alot of the stang driver by me act like punks they go by while me and my buddys are in the parking lot like 10 -15 with camaros and t/a's and rev and than take off.but when we ask them to race they come up with excuses or want roll races and some bs. But there is a few that are cool and respect the faster car and are just out to have fun and build a fast car.No w the ricers on the other hand always mess **** up come into parking lots where we are and try burning out and drifting and acting like dumbasses and cops come and we get banned
Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 209ryder
Alot of the stang driver by me act like punks they go by while me and my buddys are in the parking lot like 10 -15 with camaros and t/a's and rev and than take off.but when we ask them to race they come up with excuses or want roll races and some bs. But there is a few that are cool and respect the faster car and are just out to have fun and build a fast car.No w the ricers on the other hand always mess **** up come into parking lots where we are and try burning out and drifting and acting like dumbasses and cops come and we get banned
Dude, you're in Ceres, there's nothing fast up there.

ROFL.

Actually, my brother used to street race there alot.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02ws666
the only thing ihate is this guy.........

you get your V yet so i can rape you?

lol, I wuv u too

I have a few test drives in the DFW area this saturday morning for some stock V's but also have a test drive with a supercharged V in houston saturday as well! THe supercharged V has 50k miles and is a 2005... It depends on the V's here in the DFdub!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
lol, I wuv u too

I have a few test drives in the DFW area this saturday morning for some stock V's but also have a test drive with a supercharged V in houston saturday as well! THe supercharged V has 50k miles and is a 2005... It depends on the V's here in the DFdub!!!
ya thats alot of miles for an 05 i think... but not really... idk.... just gte one already!! wish you would just get a newer V... duh
Old 04-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

FACT: Mustangs= Slow. The way i see it there are only two types of mustang owners.

1. Those guys that cry and bitch that the cai and catback on thier 5.0 & 4.6 is still not fast enough to beat ls1's. When they do beat one of us; they NEVER let it down and keep ranting on how fast they are and how our cars are slow(even though they lost like ten times before)

2. Then there are those guys who have a mustang that really believe in the blue oval. They know what their stacked up against and actually do something about it. They put some time and money into the car, just like ls1 guys do, and make it legit fast( cam, gears, heads, supercharged, turbo, ect.) They run times that some of us would dream of in our fbodies. They dont gloat no more then we do and they are usually cool people.

The problem is the ratio of #1 mustang owners is almost 10:1 against #2 mustang owners.

EDIT: An exception is 03+ cobra owners who have fast cars and they know it! All they have to do it put two mods (pully & n2o) on thier cars to kick a lot(not all) fbodys asses. To be fair though 02 last year ls1 fbody 320bhp to 03-04 cobra 400+bhp. All GM had in 03-04 was the vette. And no the 04 GTO doesnt count; ls1 gto's hahahaha now thats funny.

sorry for the long post bored at work.......... ******* Saturn

Last edited by chevy8806; 04-14-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Seems that many Mustang owners have deep loyalty for there Fords. I almost always have had a Mustang around, but have never been an enthusiast. They have been under powered and have weaker blocks relative to the Chevy, going all the way back to the 60's. They took away the 351W and left them with a 5.0, then a 4.6 when the ohv Chevy engine kept on getting better and better, and they still maintain they're loyalty. Have to admire that.

The other ones mentioned above are like the Import owners; just in denial of their vehicles inadequacies.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chevy8806
FACT: Mustangs= Slow. The way i see it there are only two types of mustang owners.

1. Those guys that cry and bitch that the cai and catback on thier 5.0 & 4.6 is still not fast enough to beat ls1's. When they do beat one of us; they NEVER let it down and keep ranting on how fast they are and how our cars are slow(even though they lost like ten times before)

2. Then there are those guys who have a mustang that really believe in the blue oval. They know what their stacked up against and actually do something about it. They put some time and money into the car, just like ls1 guys do, and make it legit fast( cam, gears, heads, supercharged, turbo, ect.) They run times that some of us would dream of in our fbodies. They dont gloat no more then we do and they are usually cool people.

The problem is the ratio of #1 mustang owners is almost 10:1 against #2 mustang owners.

EDIT: An exception is 03+ cobra owners who fast cars and they know it! All they have to do it put two mods (pully & n2o) on thier cars to kick a lot(not all) fbodys asses. To be fair though 02 last year ls1 fbody 320bhp to 03-04 cobra 400+bhp. All GM had in 03-04 was the vette. And no the 04 GTO doesnt count; ls1 gto's hahahaha now thats funny.

x2!!!! well said
Old 04-14-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chevy8806

EDIT: An exception is 03+ cobra owners who fast cars and they know it! All they have to do it put two mods (pully & n2o) on thier cars to kick a lot(not all) fbodys asses. To be fair though 02 last year ls1 fbody 320bhp to 03-04 cobra 400+bhp. All GM had in 03-04 was the vette. And no the 04 GTO doesnt count; ls1 gto's hahahaha now thats funny.

Then there's #3...like me.....a combo of hte two.

J/K
Originally Posted by TT632
Seems that many Mustang owners have deep loyalty for there Fords. I almost always have had a Mustang around, but have never been an enthusiast. They have been under powered and have weaker blocks relative to the Chevy, going all the way back to the 60's. They took away the 351W and left them with a 5.0, then a 4.6 when the ohv Chevy engine kept on getting better and better, and they still maintain they're loyalty. Have to admire that.

The other ones mentioned above are like the Import owners; just in denial of their vehicles inadequacies.
I have to disagree with the weaker block comment. And 'under powered' is really relative when you think about it. I mean, the foxbodies had the 3rd gens the entire time. Not only that, even the years that the chevy's were quicker/faster, the stangs weren't too far behind with lower $$ and less HP. They are simply setup differently as to how they run.

Personally, they both have come out with some serious stuff throughout the decades and I'd take that over decades of imports instead.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not loyal to any car brand. If its a nice car then I like it if its not then I don't. Just look at my last three cars I've had a WRX, the T/A, and now a Cobra. I got a Dodge truck too.

Being open minded is a good thing because there are good and bad cars in every brand and they all got their pro's and con's. That's my words of wisdom for the day.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

There is only one thing that makes a Mustang ******* different than a Trans am *******: the Mustang is a slow *******.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I'm not loyal to any car brand. If its a nice car then I like it if its not then I don't. Just look at my last three cars I've had a WRX, the T/A, and now a Cobra. I got a Dodge truck too.

Being open minded is a good thing because there are good and bad cars in every brand and they all got their pro's and con's. That's my words of wisdom for the day.
I agree...........well, I wouldnt' own a WRX..but I agree with the rest.
Originally Posted by Local-heretic
There is only one thing that makes a Mustang ******* different than a Trans am *******: the Mustang is a slow *******.
Ok slow poke.

WHere you been mang? First SloDave poppin' up and now you...someone else was poppin in too......did you all miss us?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rocksws6

Man i agree with that. i dont hate fords.In fact one of my fav cars is a ford. 69 Torino. But it is a distant second to the Grand National!!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I agree...........well, I wouldnt' own a WRX..but I agree with the rest.
Ok slow poke.

WHere you been mang? First SloDave poppin' up and now you...someone else was poppin in too......did you all miss us?

Been around.

I'm probably getting out of the Navy so I've been thinking a lot about what to do after I get out. It's crazy.