Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TBSS vs My 03 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009 | 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
i need to make a list of users with their real name next to it. you guys are starting to confuse me.

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
haha for amount of power, i'd say the money and stay with the stockers until i had enough for the long tubes or something else. . . and yea those are K&N drop in numbers haha

everyone starts young and some what dumb thou, it just depends on how long it takes them to realize that and start doing some research that determines the level of prior stupidity. .
This is VERY true. Then again...I researched machs for almost a year before getting my first mod.

ponygt65 - mike

PNYKLR-TA - Ben

hope that helps haha. i figured with the qouting and using our names one after another it'd make enough sense.
ROFL...I didn't realize it before..but OMGosh....there's 'pony' and 'pny'. LOL
Old 04-20-2009 | 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Then again...I researched machs for almost a year before getting my first mod.
This is what everyone should do. If you're savvy enough to use car forums as a discussion, then you should be able to find everything you need with a little searching. There's no excuse for ignorance once you've discovered the potential of the internets.
Old 04-20-2009 | 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

This is VERY true. Then again...I researched machs for almost a year before getting my first mod.
Yea, my first mods, were mods reccomended by my mechanic just to help a little with gas mileage, then after that it was researching researching and more researching. still go over to the LT1 section and just read every now and again to keep up on new stuff for em

ROFL...I didn't realize it before..but OMGosh....there's 'pony' and 'pny'. LOL
and yea dude thats why i try to refrain for saying pony in refference to you, cause some people might think im goin crazy and talkin to myself haha.

This is what everyone should do. If you're savvy enough to use car forums as a discussion, then you should be able to find everything you need with a little searching. There's no excuse for ignorance once you've discovered the potential of the internets.
quoted for truth, i started getting on car forums the day i bought my first performance car. just gotta sort thru the bullshit and the truth.

and OP, you said your buddy knows this guy correct? why dont you try and get us a video just for ***** and giggles?
Old 04-20-2009 | 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I always tell people that. But...they gonna do what they gonna do.
Old 04-20-2009 | 04:46 PM
Launching!

My understanding is that... when stock, the RWD have little difficulty cutting about as good of a 60' as the AWD. Just not enough power with all that weight to make it an issue.
yeah, my TBSS rips out of the hole something nasty, when i first got my camaro i raced the TBSS and the TBS launched ahead and stayed there till higher speeds, then aerodynamics took over. the only problem with launching a 2wd TBSS is you cant stall it very high before it starts spinning, then when you let off the brake it wants to spin some more. my best is to stall to only 1500 get a little scratch and then hold on for the ride.
Old 04-20-2009 | 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Mike, you're probably right. What I said confused the **** out of me after I read it.....drunk/tired posting is fun
A stock or LIGHT bolt-on (intake and tune or exhaust and tune) 2v is a good race for a TBSS, but a full bolt-on 2v is good for low low 13's to mid 12's depending on driver and tire.
Old 04-20-2009 | 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Mike, you're probably right. What I said confused the **** out of me after I read it.....drunk/tired posting is fun
A stock or LIGHT bolt-on (intake and tune or exhaust and tune) 2v is a good race for a TBSS, but a full bolt-on 2v is good for low low 13's to mid 12's depending on driver and tire.
Old 04-20-2009 | 06:46 PM
Teching In

Yea, my first mods, were mods reccomended by my mechanic just to help a little with gas mileage, then after that it was researching researching and more researching. still go over to the LT1 section and just read every now and again to keep up on new stuff for em

and yea dude thats why i try to refrain for saying pony in refference to you, cause some people might think im goin crazy and talkin to myself haha.

quoted for truth, i started getting on car forums the day i bought my first performance car. just gotta sort thru the bullshit and the truth.

and OP, you said your buddy knows this guy correct? why dont you try and get us a video just for ***** and giggles?
i will see if i can get that set up for you guys
Old 04-20-2009 | 10:32 PM
On The Tree

I always tell people that. But...they gonna do what they gonna do.
Same. I tell all my friends about LS1tech, SVTperformance, evolutionm, and whatever else I know of. They think I'm just being a geek. The ones that actually do try out these sites, browse around, and read a lot.. all have nothing but thanks to me.
Old 04-21-2009 | 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Same. I tell all my friends about LS1tech, SVTperformance, evolutionm, and whatever else I know of. They think I'm just being a geek. The ones that actually do try out these sites, browse around, and read a lot.. all have nothing but thanks to me.
Dude i cannot agree more with that. everytime i meet a new F-body guy around town, we of coarse start talking about what mods we have done, they always ask where do i get my idea's and good deals. LS1tech is always my reply, i tell em my user name and to hop on and do some research. this place is a plethora of knowledge regarding our cars and should be used religiously.
Old 04-22-2009 | 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Most of the times I've seen from stock tbss' are low to mid 14s. When ours still had paper plates as did my buddies, we took them to the track to see how they'd do. I ran a 14.6 and him 14.8. Due to some track issues we only got a chance to make one pass.

Now modded, I always love to pick on mustangs when I'm driving it, lol.
Old 04-22-2009 | 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

My TBSS AWD with intake, exhaust and tune runs 13.5s at 104mph.

I will say that bone stock, the TBSS leaves alot on the table. When I was stock, I ran 14.1 at 100mph.
Old 04-22-2009 | 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Dude i cannot agree more with that. everytime i meet a new F-body guy around town, we of coarse start talking about what mods we have done, they always ask where do i get my idea's and good deals. LS1tech is always my reply, i tell em my user name and to hop on and do some research. this place is a plethora of knowledge regarding our cars and should be used religiously.
i tell everyone my username as well. i tell them to join me in being a ******** in the SR&K section, but they always bitch out and prefer to read the technical sections. that stuff is boring.
Old 04-22-2009 | 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

i tell everyone my username as well. i tell them to join me in being a ******** in the SR&K section, but they always bitch out and prefer to read the technical sections. that stuff is boring.
haha!

Tech sections whats that!?

Here in the SR&K's section we all run shorties with extra cat's for added compression
Old 04-22-2009 | 03:13 PM
Banned

stock my tbss went 13.8@100mph.

A couple bolt ons and I have gone 13.5@103mph.

Now that I got it tuned I suspect it to be a tad better LOl. Gtech claims 13.2! HAHHAHA

all other runs were at the track tho. I just thought the Gtech would be cool to try out
Old 04-25-2009 | 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
i ran 8.8 in the eighth stock...thats about a 13.8 if not better.

and you said bolt-on...not stock...

8.8 does not equal 13.8 unless your trap is high enough. and 2v dont trap for ****.

fact remains a 2v stang with minor mods ,exhaust,intake maybe headers, is not gonna put bus lengths on a vehicle that also runs 13s. just not gonna happen. unless he was not racing.

they are monsters down load and even at 30mph rolls. either way the stangs trap will not be high enough to pull a tbss very hard.
Old 04-25-2009 | 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

yea there ls2 there fast specially if there awd from a dig run
Old 04-25-2009 | 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
8.8 does not equal 13.8 unless your trap is high enough. and 2v dont trap for ****.

fact remains a 2v stang with minor mods ,exhaust,intake maybe headers, is not gonna put bus lengths on a vehicle that also runs 13s. just not gonna happen. unless he was not racing.

they are monsters down load and even at 30mph rolls. either way the stangs trap will not be high enough to pull a tbss very hard.
LOL you dunno what your talking about...the one time i made it to the quarter i spun and ran a 14.005 with a 9.0 in the eighth...how could that not be 13.8 with an 8.8??? i also know 2 guys with gt's and they ran 13.6 which was an 8.8 in the eighth for both of them
Old 04-26-2009 | 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ssick1
yea there ls2 there fast specially if there awd from a dig run
actually AWD tbss are slower. many go high 14s. I dont know why but the 2wd are much faster stock for stock.
Old 04-26-2009 | 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
actually AWD tbss are slower. many go high 14s. I dont know why but the 2wd are much faster stock for stock.
Weight and powerloss.

Once you get a big boy tire, learn to effin drive, and setup the suspension AWD isnt needed. On the track that is.