Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced friends 01 Z28...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raced friends 01 Z28...

My friend has an 01 White Z28 w/ Lid & Catback & its lowered. (also happens to have a Cobalt SS/TC i believe. Im not to sure, have really never asked him about the Cobalt or anything. its his daily driver)

He beat a WS6 that i raced & beat as well. So he wanted to give me a run and see how it turns out. At 1st we did a roll race, with no honks or anything. More like just messing around at this point....I dropped it into 1st and were going, i didnt look at the speed but i would say around 30 to 35mph. He hits it before me, so he jumps out ahead of me by a car but as i get myself out of 2nd gear, i begin to notice im pulling him in pretty easy. I slow down a little after that, so he takes this one if you wanna count it. We meet up at a gas station, he asks if i wanna go ahead and run it from a stop. He said he didnt really plan on racing me tonight, but he was down too. So we drove out to quiet road and lined them up.

I stalled it up, and honked it off. I hear him spin his tires off the line, and i get a pretty decent launch and im probably half a car ahead right off the line and dont stop pulling to about maybe 2 car lenghts if not a little more then that. I let off at 105....

He wants to do a better roll race some other time. Oh yeaa, i guess you can count in the fact that he had someone with him too. An extra 150lbs or so...

WS6 i ran was alot closer (and it was about the same right off the line). when i ran him i still had the stock exhaust (slp's cme d/d) on, but i guess i was right when i felt that the car really opened up alot more once i put the new exhaust on.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Badguy7
My friend has an 01 White Z28 w/ Lid & Catback & its lowered. (also happens to have a Cobalt SS/TC i believe. Im not to sure, have really never asked him about the Cobalt or anything. its his daily driver)

He beat a WS6 that i raced & beat as well. So he wanted to give me a run and see how it turns out. At 1st we did a roll race, with no honks or anything. More like just messing around at this point....I dropped it into 1st and were going, i didnt look at the speed but i would say around 30 to 35mph. He hits it before me, so he jumps out ahead of me by a car but as i get myself out of 2nd gear, i begin to notice im pulling him in pretty easy. I slow down a little after that, so he takes this one if you wanna count it. We meet up at a gas station, he asks if i wanna go ahead and run it from a stop. He said he didnt really plan on racing me tonight, but he was down too. So we drove out to quiet road and lined them up.

I stalled it up, and honked it off. I hear him spin his tires off the line, and i get a pretty decent launch and im probably half a car ahead right off the line and dont stop pulling to about maybe 2 car lenghts if not a little more then that. I let off at 105....

He wants to do a better roll race some other time. Oh yeaa, i guess you can count in the fact that he had someone with him too. An extra 150lbs or so...

WS6 i ran was alot closer (and it was about the same right off the line). when i ran him i still had the stock exhaust (slp's cme d/d) on, but i guess i was right when i felt that the car really opened up alot more once i put the new exhaust on.
Not bad.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Yea, i may have to see if he'll run me in his Cobalt. I know he's put more money into it then the Z28.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Badguy7
I know he's put more money into it then the Z28.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ha with bolt on's they can easily run with a full bolt on ls1 from a roll
Old 04-30-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'll have to watch out for those damn cobalts then