Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Porsche Carerra RS...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Lol noob.. last time I said that word.... oh yeah, I was 13 yrs old playing starcraft. How old are you pony? If you're going to try to insult someone I hope next time you can come up with something better than that.
Boi, you better learn a few things before trying to call ME out.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Boi, you better learn a few things before trying to call ME out.
Man thats pretty scary...

Lmao and who are you? Just another person posting on a forum.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man thats pretty scary...

Lmao and who are you? Just another person posting on a forum.
ALright ***.......let's keep it somewhat on topic shall we?

Let's start with the obvious....why are you so STUPID as to install a meth kit and not tune for it...ONTOP of your plate? Sounds like someone is a tad ignorant to really know what they're doing if they have to do both of those.

Follwo up Q: Do you know exactly a meth kit does? (without googling it).
Old 05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Teching In

ALright ***.......let's keep it somewhat on topic shall we?

Let's start with the obvious....why are you so STUPID as to install a meth kit and not tune for it...ONTOP of your plate? Sounds like someone is a tad ignorant to really know what they're doing if they have to do both of those.

Follwo up Q: Do you know exactly a meth kit does? (without googling it).
Well if you read the other thread I made in reference to Manalishi.... I already stated I'm running the biggest pulley on my car, which is my DD. So to limit the boost from 14 psi there is a restrictor plate which is basically just a very large washer that goes in after the filter and before the tubing that goes to the inlet of the supercharger so my car only makes 9 psi.

I did not tune for the meth because if for some reason my pump stops working or my tank runs out (which neither is very likely) id rather my car not detonate. I merely installed it as a safety precaution from detonation incase I get bad fuel. You do realize that sometimes 89 gets put into 93 and what not which can increase the chances of detonation depending on your tune, hence I have a meth kit to prevent that from ever being a problem.

As far as the name calling, that shows alot of maturity.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well if you read the other thread I made in reference to Manalishi.... I already stated I'm running the biggest pulley on my car, which is my DD. So to limit the boost from 14 psi there is a restrictor plate which is basically just a very large washer that goes in after the filter and before the tubing that goes to the inlet of the supercharger so my car only makes 9 psi.

I did not tune for the meth because if for some reason my pump stops working or my tank runs out (which neither is very likely) id rather my car not detonate. I merely installed it as a safety precaution from detonation incase I get bad fuel. You do realize that sometimes 89 gets put into 93 and what not which can increase the chances of detonation depending on your tune, hence I have a meth kit to prevent that from ever being a problem.

As far as the name calling, that shows alot of maturity.

ok kid.

So...you're tuned for 9psi...and given it's your DD, we'll all assume you have a safe tune, as in no leaner than 12.0 (11.5-11.9 tops) and timing at....what? mid 10s. So...given that, I ask again, why the meth kit. Furhter more, please explain the point of a meth kit, ONTOP of a SAFE tune for 9 PSI for a DD.

Now....The REAL funny part of all of this....is you OBVIOUSLY have alot to learn about Meth Inj. if you are using it like you are. Ever hear of Meth corrosion?

So, Brainiac, It's apparent you have alot of learning to do if you think meth (that can cause corrosion) is being used for safety if you aren't confident enough in your tuner to set the A/F and Timing to where your internals can last.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Teching In

ok kid.

So...you're tuned for 9psi...and given it's your DD, we'll all assume you have a safe tune, as in no leaner than 12.0 (11.5-11.9 tops) and timing at....what? mid 10s. So...given that, I ask again, why the meth kit. Furhter more, please explain the point of a meth kit, ONTOP of a SAFE tune for 9 PSI for a DD.

Now....The REAL funny part of all of this....is you OBVIOUSLY have alot to learn about Meth Inj. if you are using it like you are. Ever hear of Meth corrosion?

So, Brainiac, It's apparent you have alot of learning to do if you think meth (that can cause corrosion) is being used for safety if you aren't confident enough in your tuner to set the A/F and Timing to where your internals can last.
Its just a safety precaution. I didn't know the person that tuned my car very well, just that they have done a bunch of FI applications and a friend recommended them. If you had a meth kit lying around you wouldnt use it? As i previously stated I use it as detonation insurance. My meth kit was not running for the dyno tune. My car got a good tune without the meth. The meth is then added and used after the fact to increase octane and lower temp of the intake charge. As far as corrosion, I'm not worried about it. Not only does it take ALOT of meth to corrode, my meth only turns on after I'm above 4 psi, not only that it is mixed 50/50.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

I'm calling you out now ponygt. wanna try me?

both of you chill out or you get a vacation.