Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Terminator kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing that cracks me up is when, for instance the Mustang owners, want to come over here and "school" us on their car. Whether is a Mustang, 350/370z, Evo, S-R-T4, DSM, etc...doesn't matter, we really don't care. In many cases we know as much about those cars as the owners. We are happy with our cars. You guys can come over here and show us all the facts, but like I said 99% of us don't care or already know...we may appreciate what your car is or can do, but still don't like or want what you're driving.

Cobra owners: We get it...you have a blower and it's fast. Sure, we could FI our cars and make more power, but then we'd still have 65ci up on you..so it'll always be apples and oranges. You have IRS that is hard to launch and we can blow our 10 bolts to pieces. You engine is handbuilt and forged and ours is mass produced. You can handle lots of power from the factory (impressive for a 40k Mustang) and we can buy an LSX block for $2000. Drive what you like, but don't get mad when we don't like your car....or when we beat it. We don't (for the most part) get bitchy when one of you guys blows our doors off. Also, don't act so shocked when you say the things your do and don't get a warm reception...what else did you expect from a GM/LS1 site?

Last edited by FormulaZR; 05-18-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might have to agree with the above statement. All in all it all good lol. I know that sounded funny but mustangs can beat camaro's and camaro's can beat mustangs. It's all good and only goes as deep as your pockets can take them.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroIroc
Why can't everyone just post videos of their cars at a track making the times, or on a dyno making the numbers? no one cares what you type in a forum, it always turns into a shitstorm about whos dick is long enough to punch the keyboard. haha. As for me, my car needs tuning, and is maybe 50% done, have no idea of the numbers and she wonders and weaves. Thank you and have a nice day.

This is not directed to one person, but to a bunch through out this thread.
You asked for it. I love this vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YR1-1t67Q8

Here's the dyno sheet really doesn't represent though its a stalled unlocked auto.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
The only thing that cracks me up is when, for instance the Mustang owners, want to come over here and "school" us on their car. Whether is a Mustang, 350/370z, Evo, S-R-T4, DSM, etc...doesn't matter, we really don't care. In many cases we know as much about those cars as the owners. We are happy with our cars. You guys can come over here and show us all the facts, but like I said 99% of us don't care or already know...we may appreciate what your car is or can do, but still don't like or want what you're driving.

Cobra owners: We get it...you have a blower and it's fast. Sure, we could FI our cars and make more power, but then we'd still have 65ci up on you..so it'll always be apples and oranges. You have IRS that is hard to launch and we can blow our 10 bolts to pieces. You engine is handbuilt and forged and ours is mass produced. You can handle lots of power from the factory (impressive for a 40k Mustang) and we can buy an LSX block for $2000. Drive what you like, but don't get mad when we don't like your car....or when we beat it. We don't (for the most part) get bitchy when one of you guys blows our doors off. Also, don't act so shocked when you say the things your do and don't get a warm reception...what else did you expect from a GM/LS1 site?
Then what do you have to say about all the LSx guys on all the different Mustang forums out there? Most people know the capabilities of the Gen III/IV platform by knowing people who have them or racing against them.

I do agree with the second part however.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by firechicken76
what are you even doing on this site?
Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
LOL, I wouldn't waste my race fuel on that guys Rustang!

Chickenhawk I guess you rather be in a little LS1 circle jerk where your the pivot man with guys like Arctic around you. "Oh your LS1 is so bad, boy is your LS1 fast, see how I kicked that rustang *** the other day". You could be in your little happy place with no non GM owners to challenge your claims. Well most of the LS1 guys on this site are up to the challenge and they want some intelligent arguments and education from non GM fans. Hell I learn about those LS1 boat anchors every day. Thats why I'm here not only is this the best street racing section on the web, but I want to get educated on the competiton. Stop acting like a teenager and listen you might learn something.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Wow, 7 pages of the same stuff that's in just about every "cobra-kill" thread. Good kill OP.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Teching In

The only thing that cracks me up is when, for instance the Mustang owners, want to come over here and "school" us on their car. Whether is a Mustang, 350/370z, Evo, S-R-T4, DSM, etc...doesn't matter, we really don't care. In many cases we know as much about those cars as the owners.
I agree, however the same goes for LSx owners, or other brand owners on Mustang sites. I always thought it was funny when the owner of another brand car tries to "school" the owners on their car. That always give me a good laugh, cuz the majority of the time no one cares.

But I couldn't disagree more on other brand owners knowing as much about the cars as the owners. Usually, other brand owners only know about a certain car from what they read on a street racing kill section on an internet forum - which is the worse way to learn about a car, IMO. It may be good for some general knowledge on bolt-ons and how a car should perform, but that's where it ends.

If you don't currently own or have owned the car, you have absolutely no business giving advice on it. Period.

JMO.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak for the LS1 guys, etc on other boards running their mouths. I'm not one of them. I am on other boards...but for the most part I'm silent. I am active on an MB board...but I leave the LS1 stuff alone.

PWORLD - I disagree with you to an extent. For instance, I have not owned a Cobra, but I have been around them. I'm not trying to give advice on them...but I am very aware of what they are capable of and what they can handle. I guess I was meaning more than we are aware of other car's capabilities, not necessarily how to mod them.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Teching In

I can't speak for the LS1 guys, etc on other boards running their mouths. I'm not one of them. I am on other boards...but for the most part I'm silent. I am active on an MB board...but I leave the LS1 stuff alone.

PWORLD - I disagree with you to an extent. For instance, I have not owned a Cobra, but I have been around them. I'm not trying to give advice on them...but I am very aware of what they are capable of and what they can handle. I guess I was meaning more than we are aware of other car's capabilities, not necessarily how to mod them.
Gotcha. I misunderstood your post.

I do agree with the above. I know a few guys with LS1's and have turned wrenches on them on occasion. I certaintly am more educated when it comes to the LSx platform, than say anything not made in the U.S. Lol.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

I only inform people when something false has already been stated.

Just like one of you might speak up if you saw someone post that an f-body weighs 4000lbs on another forum.
I've actually seen that too..
Old 05-18-2009, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
This place has gone to ****.

I was just about to say the same damn thing. I move for selective membership based on a formal IQ test.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

WOW>..I missed a great one.
Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Welp thats it you are ******* OUT OF HERE.
It's about freakin' time.

Originally Posted by Fas4d
It has been 10.72@132 @ sears point on 17#s and 18'' DRs. It is at AED now getting more fuel , boost and a few other small things.
Cool....Shaun's great. He knows his ****.

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Sorry fellas I went to Six Flags today with my niece and nephew and come back to a ******* shitstorm
No worries Chris. I'm glad you and Jay kept this open...It's nice to ahve a '**** storm' thread once in a while. As long as it's not common.

I could do that but I'm above 450rwhp with the 100-shot and I don't know how much the stock T-56 could take.
ROFLMAO......holy ****. I'm the tard, and you're the brainiac, but you dont' know what a T56 can handle.
what are you even doing on this site?
HE is on here for the same reason ALOT of stang guys are. To correct the ill informed, and because we respect all makes and models of quick/fast cars.

Whatever guy, your not even worth the attention. So let me stop giving it to you.
HMM...THAT ONE sounds familiar. THe second someone calls you out, you back off.

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Let me just say that I for one love having Stopsign around. I love watching the nutswingers get all riled up.
no ****...it's hilarious.
Originally Posted by rocksws6
All owners of all makes are allowed in the SR&K forum. Its not a tech forum. I'm sure it upsets some of you die hard GM fans that think nothing can touch the mighty LS cars but if you pull your head out of the sand we won't seem so crazy. (FYI I have owned and like both so I'm not some Blue Oval Nutswinger as your friend put it)
And just so you know some of the moderators have had and still own Fords. So you might wanna think before you get too carried away with talking like that.

Some of you guys need to get a grip. Stop being so biased. You don't have to hate on Fords just because you own a Chevy. They're both good cars I assure you.

Um....WRONG. PLENTY of people on here don't know about mustangs....and if you could only see the PMs I get asking about mustangs...you'd eat those words.

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Chickenhawk I guess you rather be in a little LS1 circle jerk where your the pivot man with guys like Arctic around you. "Oh your LS1 is so bad, boy is your LS1 fast, see how I kicked that rustang *** the other day". You could be in your little happy place with no non GM owners to challenge your claims. Well most of the LS1 guys on this site are up to the challenge and they want some intelligent arguments and education from non GM fans. Hell I learn about those LS1 boat anchors every day. Thats why I'm here not only is this the best street racing section on the web, but I want to get educated on the competiton. Stop acting like a teenager and listen you might learn something.

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I only inform people when something false has already been stated.

Just like one of you might speak up if you saw someone post that an f-body weighs 4000lbs on another forum.
I've actually seen that too..

AND>...FINALLY IBTL
Old 05-18-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why do all you mustang guys act like whinny little bitches when your cars get beat? like i give a **** if i get beat by a mustang, you dont see us throwing little tissy fits everytime we get beat by a cobra or any other form of supercharged mustang, i like my motor, im not saying its the fastest car on the road, ive been beaten by a mustang before, you mustang owners (for the most part) have to be mildly retarded to come onto this site, and start bragging about your cars, we understand you can make them fast, hell, if you throw 30k into a geo metro you can make it fast too. if i wanted a mustang i would of bought one, but for what i paid for mine you couldnt get much of one. yea the ls1 is a boat anchor, Who needs a blower to break 11's in their stupid *** duel overhead cam pos.
and its firechicken, not chickenhawk, keep my name out of your mouth and ill keep something out of your mouth.

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Old 05-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

why do all you mustang guys act like whinny little bitches when your cars get beat? like i give a **** if i get beat by a mustang, you dont see us throwing little tissy fits everytime we get beat by a cobra or any other form of supercharged mustang, i like my motor, im not saying its the fastest car on the road, ive been beaten by a mustang before, you mustang owners (for the most part) have to be mildly retarded to come onto this site, and start bragging about your cars, we understand you can make them fast, hell, if you throw 30k into a geo metro you can make it fast too. if i wanted a mustang i would of bought one, but for what i paid for mine you couldnt get much of one. yea the ls1 is a boat anchor, Who needs a blower to break 11's in their stupid *** duel overhead cam pos.
and its firechicken, not chickenhawk, keep my name out of your mouth and ill keep something out of your mouth.

We are here, we aren't going anywhere, so get over it.

Yes we all need blowers in order to go fast. Even though N/A I make over 100rwhp more than you do and I have a smaller motor. I bet you are secretly looking to buy a Mustang so you can actually see what its like to be fast.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

Yes we all need blowers in order to go fast. Even though N/A I make over 100rwhp more than you do and I have a smaller motor. I bet you are secretly looking to buy a Mustang so you can actually see what its like to be fast.
Well said, reading this 7 page pissing contest gave me a good laugh. Its funny how there is always a select few that think their setup is superior to anything else on the road. Whatever happened to just having fun? Street racing seems so serious and drama filled now a days. Alot of Newbs chiming in with their Mustang hatred need to get a clue. I just imagine most of them standing up and pounding on their chest right after they get done posting something on here. Hopefully the Bans cool down some Egos
Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think I might have an e-box of tissues I can PM you. Better yet, how about i go dig an e-ditch, so you can go e-cry me a river.

BTW - I can show you plenty of 'pos DOHC' stangs breaking 11s N/A. Care for me to show you? Guess what......I can show you some that didnt' even crack the valve covers to do it.

Originally Posted by LT1forever
Well said, reading this 7 page pissing contest gave me a good laugh. Its funny how there is always a select few that think their setup is superior to anything else on the road. Whatever happened to just having fun? Street racing seems so serious and drama filled now a days. Alot of Newbs chiming in with their Mustang hatred need to get a clue. I just imagine most of them standing up and pounding on their chest right after they get done posting something on here. Hopefully the Bans cool down some Egos
well said yourself.

Even the n00b's to SRK section....sheesh. If that guy had spent a decent amount of time on here, he'd see that 'we' give props to 90% of the 'other' cars in here. Not only that, I didn't see any 'bragging' or 'e-dick' measure from any one until a select few ignorant tards talked **** on stangs first. Hell Newskool only posted his info cause someone asked him too. Funny how that always happens. Ignorance knows no bounds.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

i like cobras, i wouldnt mind owning one, but i like ls1s too, and for now im happy with my car. its your attitudes that **** ppl off, not your cars.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think I might have an e-box of tissues I can PM you. Better yet, how about i go dig an e-ditch, so you can go e-cry me a river.
e-pwned
Old 05-18-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Who needs a blower to break 11's in their stupid *** duel overhead cam pos.

i like cobras, i wouldnt mind owning one, but i like ls1s too, and for now im happy with my car. its your attitudes that **** ppl off, not your cars.
This is getting funny.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thats funny, alot of GM owners on here like me. Maybe its not me, maybe its you thats should change the attitude in attempt to not make yourself look even more dumb than you already have. Just an idea.

Edit: Look not only do you have another GM owner making fun of you, he is a fellow 3rd gen owner. Man, you can't win can you?