Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

94Z vs SV650 (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94Z vs SV650 (I think)

Last night coming back from the street races some guy in a street fighter bike kept revving at me on the highway. He moved over to the left lane next and signaled for me to get the jump.

We slowed down to 60mph and he gave me the thumbs up to go. I down shifted to 3rd gear and hit the go pedal. Got about a car right off the bat and kept pulling in 4th till I let off at 110mph.

Guy caught up to me and waved for another race this time he said go on 3 honks. Went back down into 3rd gear around 65mph and he down shifted a few gears as well. Once we got going and I went into 4th gear he was like 2 cars behind with me still pulling. He gave me the thumbs up and went his way.

I knew it wasn't a 4ycl bike cuz I beat him so I figured it was an SV650 twin. Don't know how fast those are but I heard they run pretty decent from low rolls because of their torque. Anyone know what type of bike it was? I figured any 4cyl bike would pull pretty crazy on me since I should trap around 114-116mph.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:27 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have an '03 SV650, and they run VERY well from low speeds. Tons of torque for a ~600cc bike. But top speed is ~130-135mph, so you can imagine what the topend is like. Professionals run mid-high 11s @ ~112mph on them, but it's all low end. I miss it though