Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street racing advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Speed
I'm pretty sure they won't do anything to you because I doubt that the camera lady was able to record your face at night!

Either way I hate those people who have nothing better to do than think they are helping society by calling in people...

I bet you'll feel differently when someone is bashing your head in or they record someone robbing your house. You're getting upset that he was being recorded doing some illegal after all. Let's not lose sight ......
Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
I know everytime I have been pulled over because of a witness calling the cops they never could do anything because it was their word versus mine.

But with video evidence that could be a whole new can of worms, so I dunno. Unless they got the plate numbers then I would say they cant prove ****.
Two fold.

Been there done that..

One.. there is something they CAN do if they have video of YOU commiting a crime PERIOD..

And TWO: Did they see you?? or did they see your car??? if you are not visable on the tape.. then the i was letting someone test drive it would work just fine.. if they got the faces you could be SCREWED.. if so get a lawyer
imo
Old 05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
[/B]

I bet you'll feel differently when someone is bashing your head in or they record someone robbing your house. You're getting upset that he was being recorded doing some illegal after all. Let's not lose sight ......
x2... I got our local Chief a felony DUI last year.. guy was swerving all over the place, crossing the center, speeding up/slowing down. I called him in and followed him until the marked unit picked him up right outside of town. The guy had been driving for an hour (based on his departure location) and had another hour of driving to get where he was headed.

At least I was able to get him off the road...
Old 05-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
x2... I got our local Chief a felony DUI last year.. guy was swerving all over the place, crossing the center, speeding up/slowing down. I called him in and followed him until the marked unit picked him up right outside of town. The guy had been driving for an hour (based on his departure location) and had another hour of driving to get where he was headed.

At least I was able to get him off the road...
I'm glad you took him in!

One of the reasons I got out of law enforcement was the so called cop code. Watching people who swore an oath to serve the public and uphold the law routinely abuse it was just more than I felt like dealing with. I could probably start a thread about some of the bad apples in law enforcement. But I do miss the work/job and the sense of accomplishment that comes with arresting the truly bad people.

Drunk driving is no different in my mind than pointing a gun into a crowd and pulling the trigger. You may have not meant to kill anyone but everything you did up to that point (drinking/buying the gun), (getting into a vehicle drunk,loading the gun), and (driving home **** faced,pulling the trigger) could ultimately lead to someone losing their life. I guess I'm pissed about it more than some because my grandfather was killed by a drunk driver in 1975 3 years before I was born. I hear great things about the man but didn't have a chance to meet him because someone couldn't hold their beer/liquor.

Last edited by 94Mustang302ci; 05-26-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added some more thoughts...
Old 05-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Banned

[/b]

Nah It's different when someone is robbing your house or doing something like that...I'm talking about people who call you in for smoking pot or racing out in BFE
Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Teching In

I wasn't the type to pull over "our type of cars".
We need more of you. My brother-in-law is the same way. Oh wait, am I even driving "our type of cars"?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Launching!

I'm glad you took him in!

One of the reasons I got out of law enforcement was the so called cop code. Watching people who swore an oath to serve the public and uphold the law routinely abuse it was just more than I felt like dealing with. I could probably start a thread about some of the bad apples in law enforcement. But I do miss the work/job and the sense of accomplishment that comes with arresting the truly bad people.

Drunk driving is no different in my mind than pointing a gun into a crowd and pulling the trigger. You may have not meant to kill anyone but everything you did up to that point (drinking/buying the gun), (getting into a vehicle drunk,loading the gun), and (driving home **** faced,pulling the trigger) could ultimately lead to someone losing their life. I guess I'm pissed about it more than some because my grandfather was killed by a drunk driver in 1975 3 years before I was born. I hear great things about the man but didn't have a chance to meet him because someone couldn't hold their beer/liquor.

i agree 100% drunk driver killed my mom in 06'
Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hotroddin
i agree 100% drunk driver killed my mom in 06'
I am very sorry to hear that about you mother. Drunk drivers **** me off so bad. My dad has a wrecker company and you have no clue how many DUI's I or he tows every night. And then they get slapped on the wrist until the kill an innocent person. I will street race and stuff but **** drunk driving.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Steiner
We need more of you. My brother-in-law is the same way. Oh wait, am I even driving "our type of cars"?
Your car doesn't fit the profile... I'm talking about the stock Civic with a huge wing and obnoxious muffler that runs around all night @ WOT waking people up. If you drive a clean muscle,euro, or tuner car its fine with me. I use to own a 90 325is and I thought that car was the ish (yes all 16 sec's in the 1/4 mile). Its what got me into "street racing" against my best friends Acura Legend. Then I test drove a 3rd Gen with a lot of work and realized that car was the suck!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
I am very sorry to hear that about you mother. Drunk drivers **** me off so bad. My dad has a wrecker company and you have no clue how many DUI's I or he tows every night. And then they get slapped on the wrist until the kill an innocent person. I will street race and stuff but **** drunk driving.
The last DUI case I had was some guy driving 90+ down I55 south about to rear end a family in a mini van (cliche I know but the truth) he slams his breaks before making contact and slows waaaay down like 40ish. Then gets back on the gas swerving left of center then all the way back into the emergency lane. Takes the exit and I pull him over. Dude couldn't stand when I asked him to get out of the car. At first I really wasn't paying attention. I ask him to stand straight up not knowing he has his *** against the vehicle. I ask him to step away from the vehicle and put his feet together and he nearly falls over onto me. Needless to say he failed all his FST's , kicked the back window out in my patrol car called me every racial slur their was (which honestly doesn't bother me I usually just laugh). The kicking the window out though got him some spray since I didn't have my ankle shackles.

The part that pissed me off the most is he could've killed that family,or what really pisses me off when I pull over a drunk driver... MY DAMN FAMILY! The penalties for drunk driving are laughable @ best.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

The last DUI case I had was some guy driving 90+ down I55 south about to rear end a family in a mini van (cliche I know but the truth) he slams his breaks before making contact and slows waaaay down like 40ish. Then gets back on the gas swerving left of center then all the way back into the emergency lane. Takes the exit and I pull him over. Dude couldn't stand when I asked him to get out of the car. At first I really wasn't paying attention. I ask him to stand straight up not knowing he has his *** against the vehicle. I ask him to step away from the vehicle and put his feet together and he nearly falls over onto me. Needless to say he failed all his FST's , kicked the back window out in my patrol car called me every racial slur their was (which honestly doesn't bother me I usually just laugh). The kicking the window out though got him some spray since I didn't have my ankle shackles.

The part that pissed me off the most is he could've killed that family,or what really pisses me off when I pull over a drunk driver... MY DAMN FAMILY! The penalties for drunk driving are laughable @ best.
If you were in hancock county he would have been tazed soooo hard.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
If you were in hancock county he would have been tazed soooo hard.
I would love to taze someone. I dont really know why but i have always thaught that would be cool.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Launching!

The guy that killed my mom has had 8 DUI's and he got NO jail time. just probation and a class.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

That's un-*******-believable. My sister quit being a cop because of the lack of judicial backbone but that takes the cake. Sorry Hotroddin. I can only imagine your anger and frustration.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Launching!

yea, if i would have been older at the time i might have actually tried to get him some jail time. i was only 14 at the time.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

The guy that killed my mom has had 8 DUI's and he got NO jail time. just probation and a class.
That is utterly ridiculous! Its disgusting but at the same time its an awful truth. Get busted with a dime bag of weed and you're the scum of the earth.. drink and drive and it was a bad decision that led to an accident. Personally I don't care for beer nor do I smoke. Punishment should fit the crime.. and a lot of people have died from Drunk driver's. Street race in some places they take your car or in extreme cases crush it or burn it.... drink and drive u just need a good lawyer or some cash and you're back out there to drink yourself drunk pissed about paying a fine.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Yeah the punishments for crimes in this country are ridiculous. Not to completely be off topic, but child abuser and molestors just getting slapped on the sex-offender list and just go out and do it again!! Guys that shot my dad (didn't kill him) walk free because they didn't catch them until 3 years after and because it was just attempted murder and burglary they walk. I know there are good cops out there, such as the one in this thread, but I don't trust them or the judicial system. Someone does something to my family I'll hunt them down myself and give them just punishment...and I'll be the one to serve jail time. You don't f*ck with a man's family where I'm from. I just can't imagine the loss you guys feel. It was close with my dad, but I didn't lose him. I can't imagine knowing someone took someone you loved. I would lose it if I lost my son, wife, or any of my family to someone like that.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, if i would have been older at the time i might have actually tried to get him some jail time. i was only 14 at the time.
He would be homeless with a size 12 waist deep in his ***.... But thats just me some times justice is not good enough
Old 05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JDub3
Yeah the punishments for crimes in this country are ridiculous. Not to completely be off topic, but child abuser and molestors just getting slapped on the sex-offender list and just go out and do it again!! Guys that shot my dad (didn't kill him) walk free because they didn't catch them until 3 years after and because it was just attempted murder and burglary they walk. I know there are good cops out there, such as the one in this thread, but I don't trust them or the judicial system. Someone does something to my family I'll hunt them down myself and give them just punishment...and I'll be the one to serve jail time. You don't f*ck with a man's family where I'm from. I just can't imagine the loss you guys feel. It was close with my dad, but I didn't lose him. I can't imagine knowing someone took someone you loved. I would lose it if I lost my son, wife, or any of my family to someone like that.
your only an hour away from me, lol
Old 05-30-2009, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

????????? **** that dude. That goes to show you what a dumb judge and a good lawyer will do.