Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

street racing ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
so wait since your in army you got out of it ? is that some special law or was the cop just letting you off...explain?

Well one I didn't know about the going straight to jail law was in effect. It is something new that took place as I came back to the states. Plus I'm in the Marines not the army j/k Also the cop didn't want to mess with my Marine Corps career so he just let me off. Its like cops don't right cops other tickets (rarely do they do)

I'm just happy that he let me go. Now I just don't race on the streets anymore.

Mike
Old 11-09-2003, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

In Milwaukee, WI it's 5 pts and 252.00 as of 1999 for "racing on the highway"(Last time I was pinched). You can get it reduced to illegal turn or something comparable by just showing up in court, 3pts.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackTA
There's not a chance of jailtime, you WILL go straight to jail if you get cought street racing. I remember how they raided the local street races right after they passed that law here, over 20 people went to jail and many more got spectator tickets.

Not only this, but some insurance companies will drop you
Exactly what Jeremy said.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I can tell you here in Joliet it's $35.00 and the cops shake your hand and tell you it was a nice run. Oh wait that's at Route 66 speedway in Joliet where it's LEGAL to race your car against another car as well as the clock.

Street racing is very dangerous guys. It has cost a lot of people thier lives over the years, some of which were innocent people who turned onto the wrong street at the wrong time. The penalties may seem harsh in some areas but they are there to save lives including your own. Run your cars at the track, not the highways or city streets.

BTW I think the California penalty is a bit over the top. What happens when they take a car that's on a loan and has no equity? I mean most people would stop making the car payments and then the bank or whoever would be looking to repo the car. And it's not like the cops would sit on it. They would want to auction the car off which they can't legally do without the title. That whole situation seems kinda messy to me.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:20 PM
STF Veteran

To add to the other two guys from Texas, it's a felony to run from the cops!
New law just introduced! They take your car, then take your *** to JAIL!
On a side note, it's also now a ticket if you have any obstruction on or around your licence plate(i.e. a frame or plastic cover)! Stupid Laws!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
To add to the other two guys from Texas, it's a felony to run from the cops!
New law just introduced! They take your car, then take your *** to JAIL!
On a side note, it's also now a ticket if you have any obstruction on or around your licence plate(i.e. a frame or plastic cover)! Stupid Laws!
If you think that law is stupid, you should check this site out.

here
Old 11-11-2003, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by darrensls1formula
Well I can tell you here in Joliet it's $35.00 and the cops shake your hand and tell you it was a nice run. Oh wait that's at Route 66 speedway in Joliet where it's LEGAL to race your car against another car as well as the clock.

Street racing is very dangerous guys. It has cost a lot of people thier lives over the years, some of which were innocent people who turned onto the wrong street at the wrong time. The penalties may seem harsh in some areas but they are there to save lives including your own. Run your cars at the track, not the highways or city streets.

BTW I think the California penalty is a bit over the top. What happens when they take a car that's on a loan and has no equity? I mean most people would stop making the car payments and then the bank or whoever would be looking to repo the car. And it's not like the cops would sit on it. They would want to auction the car off which they can't legally do without the title. That whole situation seems kinda messy to me.
Be safe out there people, for the sake of others and yourself.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

alot of cities and states have added stricter laws regarding street racing and you can expect other states and cities to start doing the same thing.wherever youre caught you can pretty much expect heavy fines and possible license suspension.getting your car impounded would really suck though.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Whats funny in europe the street cops have golf tdi's to write tickets or eurovan paddy-wagons, but they got the mad tricked out big turbo/chipped/worked lancia delta's for the freeway , and that rallye tweaked puegots. So you can run, but don't be suprised if a 2800lb car with 450hp (turbo) tails your ***.

here in atlanta i think the choice was to keep the ole impala SS and put a 383 in it and some goodies or drive the old beater. Gee thats a hard one for the cops with the interceptor duty to choose.