Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2007 mustang gt500 vs the mullet mobile

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009 | 08:26 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
no, they are 12.7 cars at best stock... my stock z06 went 12.11's
OMG! 12.11! Come one guy...get over yourself already. So you're 5 tenths faster than a 4,000lb four seater. Congrats...I guess?
Old 06-16-2009 | 09:29 AM
Launching!

lol that was funny
Old 06-16-2009 | 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Tell that to the numerous people who have ran 12.4-12.5 @ 114-116 bone stock...
Yea well numerous people run 11.85's in stock z06's but whatever you are a mod so you are right. I was saying the above average driver can wheel those garbage boxes to a 12.7 or 12.8
Old 06-16-2009 | 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
OMG! 12.11! Come one guy...get over yourself already. So you're 5 tenths faster than a 4,000lb four seater. Congrats...I guess?
Yea and was my car advertised as the gt500 killer? No but the Gt 500 was advertised as the ender of the Z06 and 500 hp!!!!! Yea Good Job Ford!!!
Old 06-16-2009 | 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Yea well numerous people run 11.85's in stock z06's but whatever you are a mod so you are right. I was saying the above average driver can wheel those garbage boxes to a 12.7 or 12.8
I've seen 3 different drivers in 3 different cars at two different tracks 200 miles from each other do it consistently all night long, just because I'm a mod has nothing to do with it.
Old 06-16-2009 | 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Please dont' tell me you actually believe 500s are 13 sec cars.
Watch out now. Roger has a Cobra killer
Old 06-16-2009 | 10:36 AM
Administrator

Yea and was my car advertised as the gt500 killer? No but the Gt 500 was advertised as the ender of the Z06 and 500 hp!!!!! Yea Good Job Ford!!!
Motor Trend or Car & Driver might have advertised it as that. I don't believe Ford did. We all know how respected those two magazines are.
Home of the 13.50 drag tests. Ford is selling them like hot cakes. GM is bankrupt. Good job Ford!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love Z06's. They are awesome...particularly the C6 Z06's. People that dog the GT500's are just plain ignorant of their capabilities.
Are they fast in stock trim? No. Are C5 Z06's fast in stock trim? No. 99.99% of stock cars are slow, which is why we are all here.

Last edited by unit213; 06-16-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2009 | 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Motor Trend or Car & Driver might have advertised it as that. I don't believe Ford did. We all know how respected those two magazines are.
Home of the 13.50 drag tests. Ford is selling them like hot cakes. GM is bankrupt. Good job Ford!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love Z06's. They are awesome...particularly the C6 Z06's. People that dog the GT500's are just plain ignorant of their capabilities.
Are they fast in stock trim? No. Are C5 Z06's fast in stock trim? No. 99.99% of stock cars are slow, which is why we are all here.
Wait a minute you mean that a magazine isn't accurate. That the GT500 and Zo6's are slow. Thats a revelation. LMAO!! Well put Unit.
Old 06-16-2009 | 12:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Wait a minute you mean that a magazine isn't accurate. That the GT500 and Zo6's are slow. Thats a revelation. LMAO!! Well put Unit.
Thank you sir. People tend to get blinded by the brand of car they own.
Fortunately, I have a Chrysler, a Ford, and a GM. I'm a realist when it comes to cars.
Old 06-16-2009 | 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Fortunately, I have a Chrysler, a Ford, and a GM. I'm a realist when it comes to cars.
You mean fairweather Johnson perhaps?
Old 06-16-2009 | 02:23 PM
On The Tree

GM is bankrupt. Good job Ford!!!
Gm is bankrupt because they owned too hard and they told them to chill out for a minute.
Old 06-16-2009 | 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Thank you sir. People tend to get blinded by the brand of car they own.
I am open minded if you look at my garage I have owned a Rotary, a Supra, a Terminator, Shelby, etc... My Terminator was blown up by the 18 yr old kid 2 weeks after I traded him.
Old 06-16-2009 | 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Gm is bankrupt because they owned too hard and they told them to chill out for a minute.
PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US !!!!
Old 06-16-2009 | 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BLUE OVAL TURBO
PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US !!!!
If I may. GM put's out a far superior power plant than the blue oval tards you hold so dear to heart. Now that being said the superior product does not always survive the mass opinion of morons. I think we can all agree, most people are morons. So said morons buy into the hype that the Mustang is superior because it survived and they see it on TV....a lot.
In reality, the Mustang survived becuase thier marketing. GM's dumb asses didn't market agressively enough because they knew they had a superior performing product and assumed smart, performance oriented, people would buy thier product. We did. Just to few of us to keep it going. Few people in the world research what they buy. Normally they go with what everyone else has or says. IE Mustang.
To prove my point, take McDonalds. They have the BEST marketing in the world. Good marketing you can sell crap like Big Macs and yes even Mustangs.
That's right.....Ford is the Mcdonalds of the car world. The MUstang is thier BigMac. You guys can have your superior marketing and wiser CEO's. We'll take our superior engineer's and eat all the Big Macs Ford can thow at us. It's been how many years and the stang is still not as fast as a 4th gen Fbody.

The End.
Old 06-16-2009 | 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
If I may. GM put's out a far superior power plant than the blue oval tards you hold so dear to heart. Now that being said the superior product does not always survive the mass opinion of morons. I think we can all agree, most people are morons. So said morons buy into the hype that the Mustang is superior because it survived and they see it on TV....a lot.
In reality, the Mustang survived becuase thier marketing. GM's dumb asses didn't market agressively enough because they knew they had a superior performing product and assumed smart, performance oriented, people would buy thier product. We did. Just to few of us to keep it going. Few people in the world research what they buy. Normally they go with what everyone else has or says. IE Mustang.
To prove my point, take McDonalds. They have the BEST marketing in the world. Good marketing you can sell crap like Big Macs and yes even Mustangs.
That's right.....Ford is the Mcdonalds of the car world. The MUstang is thier BigMac. You guys can have your superior marketing and wiser CEO's. We'll take our superior engineer's and eat all the Big Macs Ford can thow at us. It's been how many years and the stang is still not as fast as a 4th gen Fbody.

The End.
Isn't that the point of the auto industry though? To move product and to provide a car that the people will like and continue to purchase through the years? The fact of the matter is that Ford did what they've been doing ever since they began and GM strayed away from that and look where it got us.

I love the LSx engines but the 4th gen Fbody is a POS. Horrible interior, horrible seats, glass transmission and a ******* hemophiliac 10 bolt, the engine is half way under the windshield ( I know its for better weight distribution but it makes it a pain in the *** to do anything under there) the doors are horrible, the dash is terrible, they total out very easily, and I really could keep going but I'll stop. Now with all this said I have had an Fbody ('02 SS) and I did like the car, but all the aforementioned just got old, quick.
Old 06-16-2009 | 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Isn't that the point of the auto industry though? To move product and to provide a car that the people will like and continue to purchase through the years? The fact of the matter is that Ford did what they've been doing ever since they began and GM strayed away from that and look where it got us.

I love the LSx engines but the 4th gen Fbody is a POS. Horrible interior, horrible seats, glass transmission and a ******* hemophiliac 10 bolt, the engine is half way under the windshield ( I know its for better weight distribution but it makes it a pain in the *** to do anything under there) the doors are horrible, the dash is terrible, they total out very easily, and I really could keep going but I'll stop. Now with all this said I have had an Fbody ('02 SS) and I did like the car, but all the aforementioned just got old, quick.
you forgot the the retarded hump on the passenger floor
Old 06-16-2009 | 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
you forgot the the retarded hump on the passenger floor
read the bold
Old 06-16-2009 | 04:28 PM
On The Tree

You would be correct that the sole purpose for a buisness to exist is to turn a profit . When GM announced that they would file for bankruptcy and reduce the number of Makes owned like (IE) Pontiac . I remember them mentioning that several of their models didn't turn a profit. Bragging right doesn't always mean great sales .
Old 06-16-2009 | 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup I guess they were pos cars then. However the Mustang Gt is not exactly "well built" either though right? I mean we do agree there correct? I happen to love fbodys and I don't think they are a pos at all. They do what they were advertised to at an affordable price. Without all the little "problems" mentioned above on the fbody their prices would rival that of the vette, and that wouldn't work. They weren't made to be at that level of refinement in the first place. Why have a nice quiet riding car when most of the masses will be running catbacks and headers? See what I'm saying? They built it for the target market, it is purpose built, if you will. The mustang did the same thing, except instead of just little problems like the hump on the floor (which is no big deal since the car was "built for drivers"-remember?) and "horrible seats" (btw I LOVE my T/As seats, very comfy), the Mustang was/is plagued with "sup par performance" that simply just doesn't compete with even 11 year old Fbody cars. These days the beloved stang is often also offered with a free membership to the HUOA club (heads up our asses club) lol. Just saying that I hate this Ford / Gm debate and really both sides have pros and cons that could be argued. One thing remains fact: Everytime a Mustang GT was released, there was a Camaro around the corner looking to take it's lunch money and kick it's ***. Gm's Fbodys took a LOT of heat for being a little to pricey, garish, and "over the top". It was like the big bully on the block, and let's face it NO ONE likes a bully, ESPECIALLY the mass majority of people-who incidently are middle aged dual income families with kids. Mustang has always been the little guy getting sand kicked in his face.

The best product doesn't always make it though unfortunately, ie: vhs vs. beta, hd-dvd vs. blu ray, Mustang vs. F body! That's just fact and even though the mustang is the "big mac" of the auto industry and sales are good doesn't mean that street car enthusiasts don't know which one is a superior product.
Old 06-16-2009 | 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Ford is ran better. No arguements. As for all the other BS about this n that........who cares that **** doean't win drag races. I'll suffer comfort, fucked up hump for the smog **** ****, plastic interior....etc.........
I am talking about all out performance. Ford has nothing and really hasn't ever had anything pound for pound can beat a Fbody. Now they can get tricky and SC the Cobra stuff. Love the 03 04 variety. But other than that........All the affor metioned Ford fecal matter that spews from your keyboards doesn't matter. If you want to roll off the show room and win races, and that being THE only criteria to meet, which would you own? Fit and finish...........BFD. All products have thier faults mine especially. But it makes up for it in sheer volume of Ford *** whoopin's it has been dealing for years.
Next....

Quick Reply: 2007 mustang gt500 vs the mullet mobile