Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

This is more fun than clubbing baby seals!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is more fun than clubbing baby seals!

Alright boys and girls......it's love. I love my ******* truck.LOL Again I get bored and decide to go cruise a bit. I turn the radio up and roll all the windows down, roof is open. It's the type of calm beautiful night that is just perfect for a drive.
Once out on the main strip in Bartlesville I take a couple of laps before I see my prey.LOL It comes in the flavor of a white LS1 TA. Gotta say I was thinking it could go either way. I pull into the QT on the north side of town and follow him out the other exit. There is a green riced out turd with a park bench lining up with him in the other lane.
The riced out, over reving, of said turd was about enough to make me throw up in my mouth a little. Anyways....they go. I punch it and almost run right up the *** of the what ever it was. Everyone slows down. I keep my speed to the point where I can just cruise in and out, and get past the ricer.
Now I get next to the guy in the TA. We are slowing down for traffic stopped ahead. I yell out to him "Wanna run'em" He looks back at me and kind of laughs until he realizes I am being seious. "Come on man. I just put a cam in this thing and I am dieing to see what it can do". With a sigh and slight sinking of the shoulders the guy agrees to run me.
You could tell he really wasn't into it at all.LOL We line up about 20 mph. I am on the right lane. He punches it with no honk and I smash the pedal and jump half a car on him. We take it to about 90 and I have a solid 2 on him. Now I've got his attention! He pulls up next to me on the left and leans forward and right a bit to be able to look up at me. "What did you say you have done to that thing again"? He says with a crinkled forehead and a flat lined smile.
The cat had just been violated and knew it. He just wasn't real certain how the hell it happened. "What's in it". He asked me. "A V8" was my reply with that stupid nod that every guy gives when he wants to impress you but really doesn't know what the **** he is talking about. "Let's try that again" he yells up to me. This time we start in more of a dead spot for my tranny. 35ish from a D punch. He gets out a car on me and I start realing him in. As I am at his door he lets out.
We both at that point slow down. I give him the thumbs up nod, he returns it with a dumb foundfed shaking of the head as he turns into the block buster parking lot.
I can really see me getting into this truck guys. The baffled exresions are incrediblely funny. I drilled a short wide sbc383 chevy,. I mean DRILLED. It sounded good and as we slowed down after a couple of runs I keep seeing him looking at his guages and his hand keeps shooting around like WTF. LOL I Asked him what was done and he tells me. Then he syas "It normally runs better than this man. I don't know what's wrong with it. It just....." is where he left it as he looked at his guages like the answer lied there in.
Sorry so long guys. The HellBlazer is a killer.

Like going to McDonalds to eat only to be eaten by the cow.

Last edited by CuNfUzEd; 06-11-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

I agree with a statement in a earlier thread .....You are a sick individual...just ruining peoples hopes and dreams. that HB is one pissed off suv!!! congrats on one of the best sleepers out there
Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Dude, racing a SUV is like gay sex....

So I might be a little gay... At least i'm not alone ha ha ha!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
Dude, racing a SUV is like gay sex....
So I might be a little gay...
Re read that and make sure thats really what you want to say. Homo!

Good kill Scott that thing has to be a blast. What's the wife think about it now that its all fixed and working?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm never coming up to OK. I'll leave my slowass car with high hopes down here.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Regular

We took a drive today. I dug into it and it is fast enough to scare her.LOL And that is after driving my car. I would think it a is a mid to high 12 car. Dunno. Hard to say with that much moving mass. Once it gets moving Holy ****!She loves it though.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
We took a drive today. I dug into it and it is fast enough to scare her.LOL And that is after driving my car. I would think it a is a mid to high 12 car. Dunno. Hard to say with that much moving mass. Once it gets moving Holy ****!She loves it though.
Nice! You know that once she is used to it she'll want more. Those crazy Germans once they feel the power they get addicted, at least my wife is. Its funny.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

Oh yeah.LOL I really was hoping for more though.LOL It just doesn't seem as fast as it should be. I guess I'll slap the FAST on it and see if that helps.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where do you live? Oklahoma? Marking that on my list of places not to visit. Don't want to get butt sore over a TB LT. You are my hero and now I want to get an LT and turn it into a sleeper just to F' with people.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by willizm
Where do you live? Oklahoma? Marking that on my list of places not to visit. Don't want to get butt sore over a TB LT. You are my hero and now I want to get an LT and turn it into a sleeper just to F' with people.
Make it a 2 wheel drive bro. Trust me.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol i love your trailblazer

now take how you feel with your setup and multiply it by 1000... that must be how parish feels about his 1000 horsepower pickup truck.. lmao sick people...
Old 06-12-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
You're running stock heads, intake, and exhaust Scott.....its gonna feel pretty choked. but I guess you're used to that
Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

leave the stock exhaust it just makes people feel even worse when they watch it pull away!!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Great story. Keep them coming! Another reason for me to add a meth kit and get solidly into the 11's.

Reminds me of a swap we did in a friends chevy nova back in the late 80's. He went from a V6 to a 350 and we lined him up against my other friends 289 68 stang, who had no idea what we had done.

Priceless.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Launching!

the only way you could have a more discreet sleeper would be a minivan..
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Regular

yeah this Blazer is turning out to be a gold mine of fun. I new it would be,lol, but damn its more fun in practice than theory.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, these are some good stories. Did you tune it yourself or get it on a dyno?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Ed Wright at Fast Chip did my base tune. The TB started leaking oil everywhere and couldn't get the full dyno tune in. It will be rescheduled. Looks like i need to take it easy on this thing, the tranny is squeeking under WOT shifting into 2nd.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
You're running stock heads, intake, and exhaust Scott.....its gonna feel pretty choked. but I guess you're used to that
Now how the hell did I miss this? I am going to get mean right now.

WTF do you drive again...............................right now? HHhhmmm? Hhmm?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man I love the thought of a 408 trailblazer. What the hell was wrong with the motor that was in it? Did you blow it up on the spray lmao.