Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Riced honda pissed me off (must read)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly I am prob going to get all sorts of Sht for this but o well.

This is coming from a guy who owns an 05 sti and an 04 cobra. I agree all cars with the 5 inch tip and the stupidly low drop who can barley run over a pebble are ricers. But I will honestly pick my STI over my cobra any day. My cobra is around high 500's to low 600's (depends on the day and dyno) so it is nothing to sht around with. But for the money I paid for it and the money I put into it, is no where near my STI. The STI is around the upper 400's for WHP and not going to lie rapes my cobra any day in acceleration, handling, top speed, comfort you name it. Don't get me wrong I love my cobra to death but it is only good for going in a straight line. I know to each his own but I am telling you some imports (STI, evo, SRT-4, 2nd Gen Eclipse's) are for real. Civic's, integra's, neon's nope just the grogercy getter. Sure sure some domestic's out there could rape more or less any thing but I am telling you these days some of those little 4 cylinders you guys **** on all the time are not any thing to screw with. Average vette goes for what 70 grand off the lot? Average STI off the lot goes for what mid 30's? Ok so that means I have 30 grand to play with on the sti. **** 30 grand? hell even 15 grand and I can easily push low to mid 500hp with the sti and still have money left over. Now I know an STI isn't a vette but honestly and I even admit my car has a 4inch muffler (3.5 all the way to the turbo though). Go ahead **** on my and any 4 cylinder import but they could be just as fast if not faster then your domestic with less money and be just as reliable.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brrrrrbecold

This is coming from a guy who owns an 05 sti and an 04 cobra. I agree all cars with the 5 inch tip and the stupidly low drop who can barley run over a pebble are ricers. But I will honestly pick my STI over my cobra any day. My cobra is around high 500's to low 600's (depends on the day and dyno) so it is nothing to sht around with. But for the money I paid for it and the money I put into it, is no where near my STI. The STI is around the upper 400's for WHP and not going to lie rapes my cobra any day in acceleration, handling, top speed, comfort you name it. Don't get me wrong I love my cobra to death but it is only good for going in a straight line. I know to each his own but I am telling you some imports (STI, evo, SRT-4, 2nd Gen Eclipse's) are for real. Civic's, integra's, neon's nope just the grogercy getter. Sure sure some domestic's out there could rape more or less any thing but I am telling you these days some of those little 4 cylinders you guys **** on all the time are not any thing to screw with. Average vette goes for what 70 grand off the lot? Average STI off the lot goes for what mid 30's? Ok so that means I have 30 grand to play with on the sti. **** 30 grand? hell even 15 grand and I can easily push low to mid 500hp with the sti and still have money left over. Now I know an STI isn't a vette but honestly and I even admit my car has a 4inch muffler (3.5 all the way to the turbo though). Go ahead **** on my and any 4 cylinder import but they could be just as fast if not faster then your domestic with less money and be just as reliable.

SRT-4's are neons. And most vette's don't cost anywhere near 70k.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96WS6guy
SRT-4's are neons. And most vette's don't cost anywhere near 70k.
+1

and brrrrrbecold...you're right, well; not ALOT of ****...but you sir are a ******* idiot.

You say your STi has 'around' 400awhp......how the hell do you say 'around'. NOt only that, I don't take ricer talk for something worth a ****. I can take XXXX from a vette and put it into my sti..you sound like a trolling tool that should be slapped into reality. Fact is, I can pick up a yugo and make it handle just as well, and just as quick for less $$$ than you bought your STi.

GTFO of here with that ****.

Oh....and if you couldn't take that Cobra and spend the same $$$ and rape that STi in corners and 1320, you sir have no idea wtf you're doing.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Teching In

What people don't realize when they say that, assuming they aren't rich.. is that its easy to get a loan for a car, w/e the car maybe, gl getting a 30k dollar loan for the price difference on your car vs another for mods. I mean really, who has the money to go buy an STI then go put 30k into it in a short amount of time?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by quickta98
to the comment about the evo, i ran into one a few weekends ago in NC with 763 to the wheels. I saw it in action and dont doubt the number one bit. Sorry to highjack but you go to watch them guys.
Hate evos. Even the name pisses me off.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talk **** and yes, you will GET **** on here lol.

If you say so it must be true right? I didn't know srt4 was considered import? What does that mean these days anyways. Hell half our domestics are built with imported parts and tools. The corvette is an import if you move over to UK. You go drive your STI and we'll drive real cars. thanks for freeing up the market
Old 06-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Or how does a 400 hp sti accelerate faster than a 600 hp cobra?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Or how does a 400 hp sti accelerate faster than a 600 hp cobra?
I didn't even TOUCH that part.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RawrImAMonster
Sorry but 750whp > 360whp even when a 4 cyl car is making it. If the Evo actually does have that much you will get destroyed.
Who brought Evos into this??

Evos are rice by the DEFINITION.

Its a 4 door Mitsubishi Lancer economy car factory modded to be a "performance" car.

Gigantic useless wing?? Check
Tacky body kit?? Check
4 cylinder that sounds like trash?? Check
Gutless, no torque engine?? Check
Fart can?? Check

Ricer idiot behind the wheel thinking his car is the ****?? DEFINITE check.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought I'd seen all kinds of ricer trolls, but this is a new one.

So you claim you own a 400WHP STI and a 600WHP Cobra...yet the STi is faster than the Cobra with 200HP less?? Smell like you're a bullshitter.

I've driven and ridden in plenty STI's before. You're giving the STI way more credit than it deserves. Yes, it handles and brakes well, but its nowhere near the car a Terminator is in terms of potential and power. Its not even a comparison. Yet you say the STI "rapes" your Cobra in accelration?? Are you on crack?? I've goen through the mountains running with my friends STI, and I can keep up no problem in my T/A. Granted, its not stock, but thats besides the point. Handling and braking are right there with the STI, and my car has a ton more power and what feels like 3 times the torque. The STI is a modded up Impreza family sedan, you act like its a Ferarri or Lambo.

And newsflash, you aren't pushing anything close to 500WHP on an STI without a full engine rebuild and very expensive upgrades. The STi doesn't come with forged internals, and the block isn't even that strong, but I wouldn't expect you to know that seeing as you're already proved that you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground.

And then the best part is your last line...faster and more reliable?? No, definitely not. The amount of money it takes to make an STI fast is quite significant, and reliability on a non forged boosted motor is never a constant. We had a 2.5 STI motor in the shop last month, it had spun crank bearings and was getting rebuilt.

You can take your "faster, cheaper, and more reliable" bullshit and shove it right back up your *** where it came from.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is FAIL. Listen guys, STI's and Evo's are capable cars. I don't see anyone dumping on a G8 because it's a grocery getting 4-door, so why is everyone getting butt sore over these cars. Same thing goes for guys on the board that have v6 f-bodies. i don't see you displacement guys dumping on the guy that said he had a v6 in this thread. I don't own any of those cars, but I respect them. i own an 01 WS6 and an 08 G37 and both are excellent cars, but honestly, an sti can probably beat out both of my cars stock for stock. It's not uncommen for lightly to moderatly modded sti's and evo's to hit 11's and 12's. Hell a stock sti can hit 13 flat yet have 130hp less then a new camaro SS that produces about the same time..
Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
This thread is FAIL. Listen guys, STI's and Evo's are capable cars. I don't see anyone dumping on a G8 because it's a grocery getting 4-door, so why is everyone getting butt sore over these cars. Same thing goes for guys on the board that have v6 f-bodies. i don't see you displacement guys dumping on the guy that said he had a v6 in this thread. I don't own any of those cars, but I respect them. i own an 01 WS6 and an 08 G37 and both are excellent cars, but honestly, an sti can probably beat out both of my cars stock for stock. It's not uncommen for lightly to moderatly modded sti's and evo's to hit 11's and 12's. Hell a stock sti can hit 13 flat yet have 130hp less then a new camaro SS that produces about the same time..
Why are you trying to stick up for the idiot that posted at the top of this page?? He is your typical ricer, thinks the STI is the best and most capable car ever made. Couldn't be further from the truth.

The G8 is built on a variant of the Zeta platform, meaning its a longitudinal powertrain (the way God intended), RWD, V8, and you can get it with a 6 speed manual. The STI and Evo are nothing more than riced up economy cars with turbochargers and AWD. They are basically everyday cheap cars modified with upgrades and sold for double the price.

Apparently you've never ridden in or driven an STI if you think its faster than your car, they are NOT fast. They only trap around 100MPH, and they have no top end power, especially on the highway. Since when is 230WHP fast?? I guess since people started worshiping Evos and STIs, because it never was before.

As for running 11's and 12's, it not the cake walk you make it out to be. That requires thousands in mods, and then most people end up blowing the motor or the drivetrain.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:48 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Why are you trying to stick up for the idiot that posted at the top of this page?? He is your typical ricer, thinks the STI is the best and most capable car ever made. Couldn't be further from the truth.
I don't thin he said it was the most capable car ever made, but if that helps you sleep at night then by all means, continue to believe thats what he said.

The G8 is built on a variant of the Zeta platform, meaning its a longitudinal powertrain (the way God intended), RWD, V8, and you can get it with a 6 speed manual. The STI and Evo are nothing more than riced up economy cars with turbochargers and AWD. They are basically everyday cheap cars modified with upgrades and sold for double the price.
I wouldn't say the sti is cheap car modified as it's built to be a rally car and subaru has won more rally car championships then anyone else. It's a different class of car. A lancer has a completely different drivetrain then what an evo gets, so it's not cheap bolt ons or upgrades as you suggest.

Apparently you've never ridden in or driven an STI if you think its faster than your car, they are NOT fast. They only trap around 100MPH, and they have no top end power, especially on the highway. Since when is 230WHP fast?? I guess since people started worshiping Evos and STIs, because it never was before.
I actually got to test drive an STI last summer. Wasn't bad, but wasn't for me. I'm open minded like that.

230whp isn't bad considering it puts down 13 second flat quarter mile times just like the new camaro ss. Why is that? Fast isn't determined by whp alone you know. there are other factors in there like weight, tq, suspension and drivetrain just to name a few. You should read up on it, it's quite interesting really.

As for running 11's and 12's, it not the cake walk you make it out to be. That requires thousands in mods, and then most people end up blowing the motor or the drivetrain.
Maybe if you weren't too busy pulling facts out your *** you would see that with a couple grand you can get 350-400whp out of an evo IX or X pretty easily and still be reliable.

All I'm trying to say is be a little more open minded before you flood the internets with textual diarrhea.

I love my T/A, don't get me wrong, but the things said in this thread remind me of war time propaganda with large amounts of missinformation and disslike for something that is foriegn (no pun intended).
Old 06-24-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

230whp isn't bad considering it puts down 13 second flat quarter mile times just like the new camaro ss.

Maybe if you weren't too busy pulling facts out your *** you would see that with a couple grand you can get 350-400whp out of an evo IX or X pretty easily and still be reliable.
I paid 6k for my z28. it weights in just a few hundred pounds more than and evo and at the time put down a hair over 300whp. 350whp you as? $60 for a lid, $250 for LT's, p&P the TB for free, and 300 for an ls6 intake. 350whp.
400whp you ask? $1000 tops for cam and valve springs. reliable every day of the year.

hell why dont we all just buy ebay turbos + all the goodies with a couple grand like you say, then we can all make 600 or 700 wheel horse power.

be open minded not stupid.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

somebody chime in what cost is on a basic procharger kit. arent they a couple grand?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:24 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
I paid 6k for my z28. it weights in just a few hundred pounds more than and evo and at the time put down a hair over 300whp. 350whp you as? $60 for a lid, $250 for LT's, p&P the TB for free, and 300 for an ls6 intake. 350whp.
400whp you ask? $1000 tops for cam and valve springs. reliable every day of the year.

hell why dont we all just buy ebay turbos + all the goodies with a couple grand like you say, then we can all make 600 or 700 wheel horse power.

be stupid not open minded .
Congrats for missing the point. I wasn't comparing which one is cheaper to moddify or which platform is better at all. I think the f-body has a larger potential just because all of the parts and car are very affordable due to their age and the amount of vendor solutions available.

Oh, i fixed what you meant to say up there.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

no you didnt fix ****. Im as open minded as the next guy, hell i got beat last year by a bone stock audi. i forget which model but it was turbo we went from a sixty roll three times in a row and I lost three times in a row.

Anything can be fast with enough money, Ive seen a blown 468 in a ****** UGO. and yes, it was fast. the point were all trying to make here is our cars are built as a performance car platform. lancers and stis are not. our cars are fast stock, evos and stis are debatable but for the sake of comparison well say yes they're fast. our cars are easy to drive well and fast. stis and evos are not, dont argue with that ive tired several of both and they take A LOT of practice to get right, and im a pretty decent driver. Evos and stis are both AWD. Nothind that goes fast on pavement is AWD. NONE. drags, F1, NASCAR, IRL, hell ASCS Sprints, bombers, all the dirt track cars that made most pros famous. this is also what makes them hard to launch. Are you seeing where this is going? our cars are cheaper to make faster. they have far more potential. a ls1 making the same power as say an SR20 is more reliable because the SR20 is closer to its limit. ours are time tested. Oh yeah how long has it been since the Evo line came out? I cant even remember......
Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 AM
9 Second Club

stis and evos are not, dont argue with that ive tired several of both and they take A LOT of practice to get right, and im a pretty decent driver.
You're not serious are you? I test drove a sti with a manual six and it was like butter. Maybe you need to work on your driving skills mate.

Evos and stis are both AWD. Nothind that goes fast on pavement is AWD. NONE. drags, F1, NASCAR, IRL, hell ASCS Sprints, bombers, all the dirt track cars that made most pros famous. this is also what makes them hard to launch. Are you seeing where this is going? our cars are cheaper to make faster. they have far more potential. a ls1 making the same power as say an SR20 is more reliable because the SR20 is closer to its limit. ours are time tested. Oh yeah how long has it been since the Evo line came out? I cant even remember......
I heard about this nissan called a Gt-R or something like that and an audi R8, I think they go pretty fast and are AWD.

Evo's and Sti's are for rally and even then, they are made more for handling, but still fair well in a 1/4 mile that is home to our cars. I don't think I'd ever see an f-body do well on a rally course.

Last evo was in 2008 (last year) and the next one is 2010 perhaps. Thats a dumb arguement anyway considering the camaro just came back out after having an 8 year break.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

You're not serious are you? I test drove a sti with a manual six and it was like butter. Maybe you need to work on your driving skills mate.

I heard about this nissan called a Gt-R or something like that and an audi R8, I think they go pretty fast and are AWD.

Evo's and Sti's are for rally and even then, they are made more for handling, but still fair well in a 1/4 mile that is home to our cars. I don't think I'd ever see an f-body do well on a rally course.

Last evo was in 2008 (last year) and the next one is 2010 perhaps. Thats a dumb arguement anyway considering the camaro just came back out after having an 8 year break.
really? you hoped in and got an ET within a tenth or two of the claimed best? mmmmm ok.

GTR or an R8 awd, true, but im talking about cars that are truly fast. as in racing cars. wanna go truly fast? run what truly fast cars are running. kinda simple really. Top Fuel for example, or any of the other examples i already posted. oh and for the record, gtr vs carrera gt4 vs ferrari 599 stb vs zr1. 1 awd car in a class of supercars that are all rwd. hmmmmmm, maybe the big dogs are on to something.....

fyi were not talking about a rally course "mate." Were talking about streets, this is, after all, STREET RACING & kill stories.

how many different versions of the evo have been produced? basically what your saying is they put so much thought into the evo they can only make it once every 2 or 3 years? with that much thought i would think they could do at least a little better. the camaro ran from 67 to 02. the new ones are selling very well and have been highly anticipated. i aint heard a peep about a new evo
Old 06-24-2009, 03:43 AM
9 Second Club

really? you hoped in and got an ET within a tenth or two of the claimed best? mmmmm ok.

GTR or an R8 awd, true, but im talking about cars that are truly fast. as in racing cars. wanna go truly fast? run what truly fast cars are running. kinda simple really. Top Fuel for example, or any of the other examples i already posted. oh and for the record, gtr vs carrera gt4 vs ferrari 599 stb vs zr1. 1 awd car in a class of supercars that are all rwd. hmmmmmm, maybe the big dogs are on to something.....

fyi were not talking about a rally course "mate." Were talking about streets, this is, after all, STREET RACING & kill stories.

how many different versions of the evo have been produced? basically what your saying is they put so much thought into the evo they can only make it once every 2 or 3 years? with that much thought i would think they could do at least a little better. the camaro ran from 67 to 02. the new ones are selling very well and have been highly anticipated. i aint heard a peep about a new evo
You said drive, not race in a 1/4 mile **** nuts. Those were your words. I test drove an sti and it was easy to drive fast. You keep missing the point and going off into completly different directions. I'm not trying to say awd is better then rwd. You are trying to start a pissing match with a fellow f-body owner, so please stop. It makes you look like a retard. Who gives a **** about "racing cars" this is a street car forum and I could give a crap less about top fuel as it doesn't apply.

I could give a crap less about evo's and sti's or i would own one don't you think? i'm just stating that they do deserve some respect and are decent platforms. It's not uncommon to see them do 10's, 11's and 12's even though they were never intended to be drag cars like f-bodies.

Since you insist about referencing racing events, I'll let records speak for itself.
http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...09&res=OVL_CUM
The winner of one lap of America is a GT-r with alot of the "big dogs" coming up the rear. Including a z28 at 22. Hell even a WRX came in in 4th. 1st ain't bad for a car that just came out this year

All I'm just saying, don't be ignorant of what other cars without bowties can do. I love my T/A, but I'm not going to be a narrow minded fanboy.

Last edited by willizm; 06-24-2009 at 03:50 AM.