Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

bad weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad weekend

so before i got into the ls1 world i was a mustang guy, my pride and joy was a 97 cherry red gt which at the time and being 18 when i got it i though it was fast. well i got rid of it just ove a year back after puttin alot of work into it for a car with alot greater potential, an 01 ws6.
i got this 01 ws6 from a buddy in the army who for some odd reason ive yet to figure out traded this for a prius?
anyways i ran into one of my other buddys who bought the mustang off of me and we ran a couple of times and the darn thing kept up with me every time the only excuse i could give at the time was that the road was wet and i had my tool box which was full at the time in the back of the car (150lbs approx.)
still a slap in the face to me and kind of embarrasing i know im gonna hear all kinds of crap from everyone here about this but hey my car is bone stock the stang is a full bolt on car idk if that buys me any mercy though

then the next day i met this dodge ram i have been hearin about forever.
this guy lives in my hometown and is the only guy out of this particular group i dont know, hes got quite an amazing truck. idk the year im wantin to say 97 but its a cummins 12v twin turbo custom cam and pistons pushin darn near 80 of boost.
so anyways i meet him at a light expecting to get beat but i want to see what this thing will do anyways
he takes the bait like all diesel guys do and proceeds to obliderate me off the line holy crap i couldn believe it i just gave up after second when i couldn see anymore cuz of all the smoke, def got several truck lengths right away and idk where he was when i gave up i could barely tell where i was.
this one didn upset me at all i was actually just quite amazed this is an all purpose vehicle and wow is it fast the only thing it cant do is take corners and stop very fast.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by twelver12
my car is bone stock
Your sig says otherwise
Old 06-22-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Your sig says otherwise
Not necessarily. 14.7PSI is the standard atmospheric pressure. doesn't say boost.

A STOCK car still has a block, a cam, a crank, etc...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

You tricked me
Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AxisOfOil
Not necessarily. 14.7PSI is the standard atmospheric pressure. doesn't say boost.

A STOCK car still has a block, a cam, a crank, etc...
LMAO thats some funny ****, good catch. Those diesels are no joke when put together right. I say catch up with your friend again on some dry roads and empty trunk and have at it, report back with new results.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn..what's with all the mustang gt's beating bolt ons fbodies lately...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raysadude
damn..what's with all the mustang gt's beating bolt ons fbodies lately...
I don't know but if it makes you feel any better I spanked an 09 procharged GT last thursday. Ah that felt great!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Wow, I would NEVER race anyone on a wet or even slightly damp road...

Sorry but going sideways at 80 on a perfectly dry road is scary enough for me..
Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
I don't know but if it makes you feel any better I spanked an 09 procharged GT last thursday. Ah that felt great!
you bet it is!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
i saw that, put a smile on my face

put a lid on the bird too. on a dry road with an empty trunk and a lid the story will change.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:32 AM
Launching!

What did your old mustang have done to it? I'm guessing alot since it says you put alot of work into it. Put a cam, lid, full exhaust and it will be alot different story, and is the ws6 an a4?.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:11 AM
On The Tree

Wow, so your Army friend came outta the closet huh? Worked out pretty well for you!
I love ws6's. i have a firehawk and still want a ws6. Any who, (unless your subconcious still has feelings for your old ride and letting it win) get some dr's and whoop it next time!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

yeah i was askin him for a while if he turned on me but i guess not cuz he just got married (to a girl), hes savin quite alot of gas though

the cars an m6

Axisofoil your the first person to get that yes every car has those parts from the factory i didn say they were anything special just said i had them lol and yes atmospheric pressure 14.7

its already a diff story got better tires and with the car unloaded on dry roads its no contest, for some reason he went put a stage 2 clutch in it and it takes a crapload of pressure to push the pedal on that cable clutch and that car is near impossible to shift quick anymore i drove it and killed it four times, three of those were in the driveway/street just tryin to leave

as for what i did to the stang i fixed the whole runnin out of breath at four thousand rpm's problem those motors have and it helped alot, major airflow improvements besides cams, made it hook up better and shift better until dummy put the new clutch in it that is

for the procharged stang yeah i just found one in my hometown some lil kid just gradiated high school and got this gay lookin mexistang every body panel but the doors has somethin stuck on it and then theres a huge wing that looks like an ironing board sittin on the deck lid, at least its procharged. im huntin him down every day now to let him know how stupid he is for thinkin its a race car hes runnin rubber band tires and ive seen him try to launch and its pathetic so it should be fun when i get him next to me
Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

its my understanding that its 14.7@sea level. whats your elevation?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 AM
TECH Regular

yeah yeah yeah i know im not at sea level i thought about checkin the baro and changin it every now and then but 14.7 is the go to number for that lol

im in indiana so were lookin at 13 or so depending on weather, i have no clue actually
Old 06-24-2009, 05:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twelver12
yeah yeah yeah i know im not at sea level i thought about checkin the baro and changin it every now and then but 14.7 is the go to number for that lol

im in indiana so were lookin at 13 or so depending on weather, i have no clue actually
lol, gotcha. good call on it though, i didnt catch it till it was pointed out.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Launching!

I wouldn't worry about him keeping up with you like you said the stang is full bolt on and sounds like it runs good i would expect that to keep up with a stock LS1 somewhat. Time for some mods for the ws6 and go stang spanking
Old 06-25-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 89tang
I wouldn't worry about him keeping up with you like you said the stang is full bolt on and sounds like it runs good i would expect that to keep up with a stock LS1 somewhat. Time for some mods for the ws6 and go stang spanking
It really is a good time, they never seem to see it coming
Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
It really is a good time, they never seem to see it coming
I see a cam an some headers in his future, and a wtf look on the stang owners face when he wipes the street with him haha.