Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a new camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ran a new camaro...

Heading down the beltway on my way home from playing golf I see a new orange camaro up ahead. Unfortunately I was in the wife's ride but figured I'd see how bad I'd get raped. I've seen several around but haven't had the chance to run one. I pulled along side and noticed two guys who appeared 25-30.

I gave a rev to see if they were interested which of coarse was a gimmie. We lined up at about 75 as I was expecting things to get ugly quickly. I left just a hair sooner then him and had a half car lead. To my surprise he only crept by me?

I let out alittle over 120 with him up a car length, maybe alittle more. We should put up similar numbers with him having a significant weight advantage and racing a moving brick top end isn't too impressive either.

Are they really that slow or does the V6 also have duel exhausts? Either way, those things look damn sweet in person!
Old 07-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Launching!

v6's have duels, and the v8 autos arent near as fast as M6's.. theres really very few ways to tell a v6 and a v8 apart from outside.. good death.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

from what i've seen the best way to tell the 6 and the 8 apart is the air inlet on top of the grill on the 8 cylinder.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Nice... Can't wait till my rides done so I can run one...
Old 07-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
from what i've seen the best way to tell the 6 and the 8 apart is the air inlet on top of the grill on the 8 cylinder.
Good Call!