Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Run with lt1

Old 07-02-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run with lt1

So yesterday a friend of mine were out cruising, her and her girl in her CHarger R/T, and me and my girl in my 01 z28.

We were just crusing along on the main drag, chilling, when I hear this loud *** v8 come rumbling up behind us. I was behind the charger, and he passed me revving and puled up next to the charger and started revving at her.

Needless to say, that lt1 z sounded mean as hell!!! I found out later it's got exhaust and some intake mods, It was an m6 as well. Black with chrome lip 17" c5 z06 rims all the way around, Green, looked to be in very well taken care of.

Anyway, he is revving at the charger, so she slows down and lets me get up next to him. He shoots me a rev, and what do ya know, red light. We both just kinda nodded at each other, and as soon as it hit green, we were off. I have to feather the gas when I launch even off of idle, shitty *** kumho street tires, and he jumped about a car on me. As soon as I hit about 25mph, I layed it to the floor with him about 1 car ahead. I immediately stopped his pull, and started gaining big time. Letting off around 85 mph or so, would have gone faster buy my girl was bitchin, I put maybe like 2-3 on him, to be honest, I think it was more, but that lt1 launched pretty hard.

Maybe it's cuz I can't launch for **** on these kumhos and I belive he has drs. Either way, that lt1 was pretty mean and it looked good.

I talked to a guy at work today that was in the car with him when we raced, and he was telling me his friend was like aww I got this, I got this, and then as soon as I started pulling away, he told his friend, I knew I wasn't gonna take him I just wanted to try.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got some interesting info on the lt1 I raced.

I have a friend here who I work with here who drives a mid 90's 240 sx turbo with a ka24, I believe, and 7psi. The 240 was dead even with a bolt-on grand prix gxp with a diablo tune and dr's as well. Right at the end of the 1/4 the 240 slowoly started to creep away.

He challenged the same z I raced to a race, and the guy in the lt1 said there would be absolutely no point because his lt1 ran an 11.9 in the 1/4. I don't get that, seeing as how I pulled on him the way I did.

BULLSHIT ANYONE??????
Old 07-02-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

13.9 would be more like it. LT1's usually run between low 14's and high 13's stock or lightly modded.

So yes to the bs
Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kevin01Z28
13.9 would be more like it. LT1's usually run between low 14's and high 13's stock or lightly modded.

So yes to the bs
^^x2

lt1 cars need a lot of mods just to stay up with a stock ls1. i love lt1s and they sound badass, but ls1s just pull so much harder than the lt1s.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

i own both a ls1 car and a lt1 and have dumped 3 times as much into the lt1 and its still slower like he said i love lt1's and will always be my first f-body but ls1's are god like
Old 07-02-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
He challenged the same z I raced to a race, and the guy in the lt1 said there would be absolutely no point because his lt1 ran an 11.9 in the 1/4. I don't get that, seeing as how I pulled on him the way I did.

BULLSHIT ANYONE??????
Not bullshit so much as he was trying to save his domestic ego from taking a whoopin at the hands of the 240. Good run though, sounds like fun. I would LOVE to get someone to run from a stoplight instead of playing "catch me weaving through traffic if you can"
Old 07-03-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So the guy in the lt1 is running around town telling people he beat me... His buddy that was with him in the car laughed his *** off when I told him that.

Cars-- 94 lt1 z28 full exhaust, lid, m6

01 ls1 z28 85mm lid, 85mm maf, msd wires, ngk plugs, p/p tb, ory, 3" cb with 3" cutout. car weighs 3400lbs with 3/4 tank of gas, 3560 with driver.

What do you guys think?

Either way, I have a camera and next time I catch this dude out, I'm gonna get it on film. So that way there is no more BS.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Who's got the LT1? Call him out infront of those people he was braggin too. Put some money on it, and come home a little richer.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Outlawfireman
Who's got the LT1? Call him out infront of those people he was braggin too. Put some money on it, and come home a little richer.
What's goin on bubba? How's the baby and Lauren?

Anyway, I'm not sure who owns the LT1, but I know he's full of **** and I am going to force it down his throat as soon as I catch him again. I don't like people who lie about racing.

You know me well enough, Brandon, you other guys don't even know me, but, I don't lie about racing. If I win, I win, if I lose, I lose, no biggy. There's no sense in lying about it.

OH, BTW, outlaw, he was braggin about beating me to Sway, but the lt1 wouldn't race the turbo 240.

Also, sway got his t/a back. That ******* thing is MEAN!!!!!! It sounds so nasty and runs like a freaking jet plane or something lol.

Search this Thread