Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Establishing Dominance

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rhedalert
I'm sorry

But anyway yeah, nice description of events!
Haha, yeah, I thought I'd just throw that in there, lol.

Originally Posted by Lt1Powerz
That Cobra wont make more than 350 at the wheels with bolt ons... If it was geared then it would put up some sort of a fight but even stock for stock the Ls1 would walk him. My best Friend had an 03 and it barely made over 450rwhp and it was pulley'd and tuned with other bolt ons.

Good Read I liked it! (Thats coming from somone who knows imports like the back of his hand too).
Thank you kindly sir!
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:06 AM
Teching In

This thread title reminds me of The Dog Whisperer.

Nice story OP.
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MrFrossty
I'm not one of those 16 year olds that just got a fast car from mommy and daddy. I've had this car and it's setup for over 3 years now. I know what the car can do and I've been into performance cars, especially Camaros, Mustangs, Corvettes, etc for over 10 years so I'm not new to this. I don't have an ego either by the way, just thought I'd throw in some jabs at my opponents to make for a better story. I can rewrite it if you'd like but something that lengthy will be boring without spice. Again, why are you on an LS1 site defending every little Evo or Import that gets outrun? Go to your own type of car site. Yeah, you're so willing to race me and avenge your fallen brethen but I don't see it happening as we live clean across the continent. If the car was able to outrun me, I think it wouldn't tried alittle harder to do so instead of taking the way out it had.
I wish my parents had the money to buy me a car, too bad 40 hrs a week eatting less than $200 a month for food and cutting all unnecessary expenses just to save for the car and pay for college.

The real thing I was getting at is you can never judge a book by its cover so don't act all BA when someone could easily get a kill on you just the same.
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:19 AM
Launching!

Haha, yeah, I thought I'd just throw that in there, lol.

Thank you kindly sir!
You are very welcome Sir!
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by b4christ15
This thread title reminds me of The Dog Whisperer.

Nice story OP.
How so? And thank you!

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
I wish my parents had the money to buy me a car, too bad 40 hrs a week eatting less than $200 a month for food and cutting all unnecessary expenses just to save for the car and pay for college.

The real thing I was getting at is you can never judge a book by its cover so don't act all BA when someone could easily get a kill on you just the same.
Trust me, I know about that. BUT, in this case, I didn't see any signs or hear any signs of a real threat. Regardless, I still would have run it and if beaten, I would have given the deserved respect. I'm willing to bet you that the Evo was nothing more than an intake/exhaust car, if that.

Ok, so now we can move on from the bashing and no harm done.
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:43 AM
Launching!

How so? And thank you!

Trust me, I know about that. BUT, in this case, I didn't see any signs or hear any signs of a real threat. Regardless, I still would have run it and if beaten, I would have given the deserved respect. I'm willing to bet you that the Evo was nothing more than an intake/exhaust car, if that.

Ok, so now we can move on from the bashing and no harm done.
Just a heads up... I have a buddy with an Evo that looks stock with a lowering kit and a cutout (Stock Muffler Even) But it pulls low 10's... Big Turbo will do wonders for an AWD 4 Banger. Just keep that in mind next time you see one. Still a great story though! And i dont care if you win or lose, I race to race, and have fun, not to win! Im sure most of you are the same way.
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
You sound like a total D-bag. Please come put this little 4 banger in its place
lol... AWD needs prozac again

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci

So you raced a Cobra getting on and off the throttle 5 to 6 times while he was WOT the whole time and suddenly you shift to 3rd and you pull a car?

What are you mods? Maybe it's just me but I don't see how a stock F-body can tap the throttle 5 to 6 times while racing a car that is just barely behind it performance wise. While this story is very creative and you get an A for creative writing this story is also full of a lot of bullshit!!!
Are you the same guy that has a youtube video of a bunch of 14-15sec imports racing at the track as well as a slow 15sec CTS-V?

Cruising down 501(long 4-lane with grass and concrete dividers) yesterday, I come to the redlight just before you can get on 31. I think it was at Tanger. I'm about 4 cars back in the left lane and when the light goes green, I hear exhaust and acceleration. I think to myself, "that's a stang". So I switch lanes and see a red Mustang up ahead. Being the local that I kinda am, I take the 31 exit and bypass the cars on 501 to merge back into 501 a short distance up the road and merged in front of him. There really wasn't any traffic in front of us so I get over in the left lane and wait for him to pull even in the right lane. So he does and we're doing about 60 and I'm in 3rd. I tap throttle to let him know I wanna do battle. He is the enemy so I must eliminate him, lol. I look over and notice Cobra emblems, 99 or 01 body, with a big tach and shift light and 3 A-pillar gauges. He looks over and replies with a tap of the throttle. I give him motion to go and he takes the bait.

His Cobra jumps out a half a car to try to get away but I know what he doesn't; he won't get away, hahaha. I nail it and pull even and then put a bumper on him when he hits the brakes. I think, he's pretty quick. That was closer than it should have been, time to destroy him. I slow back down to get back beside him. Now he's looking over at me tapping throttle making his car jump and has this look like, "you sure you want to go again?" I start smiling and downshift into 2nd. He then downshifts and to battle we go again, this time, I want his snake's head. I give him signal to go and he does. This time he only gets a bumper on me before I stop his pull and then I put a bumper on him, then back off the gas. He pulls back even, still going WOT, and I nail it again, put a bumper on him then back off again. I did this, on & off throttle about 5 or 6 times to him then decided to finish him. Unleashed the power of the LS1 and shifted into 3rd and yanked a car on him. Once I got the car length, I see him cram the brakes and slowed WAY down! I looked back again and he was about 20 cars back and wouldn't catch back up to me even though I slowed down to 45 in a 60 zone. I wanted to give him the thumbs up but oh well. It may have had to do with the fact he had a girl riding with him, lol.

That was my 1st actual run with a Cobra. I also noticed it had Cobra emblems in the grille. It was a nice looking car and sounded good. Oh yeah, one more thing, Linkin Park's new song, New Divide(Transformer's theme song) was playing while the Cobra was getting skint, lol.

I also had an Evo 8 or 9 in my grasp but an I'm-a-***-Yellow 350Z vert saved it's life.

Heading home from the fireworks at Broadway, down 501, I'm behind a slow car in right lane and everything is passing me in the left lane. I see only two more cars to pass before I can get over. I look out my window to see a Silver Evo passing by, followed by the Yellow 350Z. I said, "Evo, import, July 4th, I'm in my SS Camaro.......must eliminate." I got behind them and was following them through the little bit of traffic there was. Fast Forward Now in the right lane passing last slow car in the left. I notice the pace has slowed down and car in left lane and 350Z is traveling at same rate. I'm thinking, "He's not gonna let me by." After another mile or two of following this pace, car in left lane slows and allows me to get over. As I do, I notice Evo is 20-25 cars ahead of the irritaing 350Z. So, I give chase. I catch up to them and again, nothing near us in front or behind.

I get beside them and am ready to deliver a brutal beating to an unwelcome import. I tap throttle to get their attention. They look over. I give them sign to go and tap throttle again. Quickly something comes flying on my @$$ blinding me with lights. Brights, dims, brights, dims. I knew it wasn't a cop as there were no blues in there. I think someone has an emergency so I speed up and get over in front of Evo. I see 350Z flying by me and changes lanes in front of me now. Then, as I'm watching the Z get in front of me, the Evo is passing me now. All 3 of us is now approaching a slower car in the left lane. I floor it and slam the door on Evo before it can get in front of me. I give it a rev as I go by so now my attention is on 350Z as I'm running him down. I catch up with him and get beside him. Give him a rev and he looks over and then looks back straight. I know he's not going to go so I give him a rev of my disapproval and am on my way home. We come to the redlight at Carolina Forest and I'm many cars back in left lane. 350Z comes creeping by me in right lane as Evo is turning into CF. As Evo passes 350Z, they both honk at each other and wave. I feel like that 350Z knew what was about to happen to their friend or whatever and saved them.

I've never run an Evo before so I was looking forward to putting one down. Oh well, there will be another some day. It won't be as lucky as this one was.

Sorry for the novel but I hope at least someone thinks it's a good read.
Nice kills OP! Lol you may need a flame suit
Old 07-06-2009 | 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1

Are you the same guy that has a youtube video of a bunch of 14-15sec imports racing at the track as well as a slow 15sec CTS-V?

Nice kills OP! Lol you may need a flame suit
Thank you very much! This is becoming clear to me now, hahaha.
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Here is another story from almost a year ago. I shall list the Z28s mods for comparison purposes.

98 Z28: iron 6.0, cam, p&p TB, ported intake, full bolt on, True duals, 4200 stall, built 4L60E, 3.42s, Fiberglass cowl hood, alittle weight reduction, free mods, DRs, dyno tune and that's all I can remember.

Here's a alittle different style.....

Frossty was heading home from the conclusion of the mini-golf game. Reaper had gone on ahead of him because Frossty drives too slow for him, lol. Anyway Frossty is on a 2-lane approaching the point where it opens up to a 4-lane and he notices headlights on the opposite side of the road sitting still. As he get closer, he sees red halos and knows it's Reaper. As Frossty draws nearer, Reaper swings around behind him in the left lane while Frossty is in the right lane. Frossty slows. Reaper catches up and is now beside him. Windows already down, "Is there anything wrong?" Frossty asks. Reaper's engine roars louder in response and his intentions are clear. Frossty understands the gesture, accepts and comes to a stop. No traffic anywhere, just Reaper, him and open road.

Needle showing 2500rpms. Just enough to grip and launch without blowing tires out. Reaper sits ready. Honk, honk, honk. Like the bell at a boxing match, these two go into battle. Both leave perfectly together. Almost angerly though, Frossty immediately pulls half a car. Both cars full throttle, giving each other all their engines have to offer. Frossty is still slowly pulling. One car now, he watches his RPMs rise and at 6500, he hits 2nd gear. Reaper with all his might is still falling behind. 2 cars now. Frossty is not letting up. His intent, to establish dominance. 2.5, 3 cars. Reaper can't seem to stop Frossty's pull. Again Frossty sees 6500 and goes to the next gear. No mercy for his opponent. 3.5, 4 cars now and Frossty is still pulling. 4.5-5 cars and the match is over. In a mere few seconds, a victor emerges. Frossty wins. But Reaper is not satisfied. Frossty slows back down and Reaper pulls back to his side. Reaper lets out another battle cry from a down shift, and another, and another. He's now in 1st challenging Frossty again. Frossty again accepts. Both now in 1st. Frossty sitting at about 3000. Again the bell sounds 3 times and the battle begins again. Frossty doesn't pull on Reaper like the first time. Reaper is putting up more of a fight this time. Frossty is confident though Reaper will go down. As his RPMs climb, so does his might and he begins walking away from Reaper. 6500 now and on to 2nd. Half a car, 3/4, now a full car and it's done. Frossty calls the match as they were running out of road. The battle is again over and a victor is clear. Thumbs up from both contestants show good sportsmanship from each as they then go on their own way home....................until the next time.

Last edited by MrFrossty; 07-06-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:26 PM
Teching In

How so? And thank you!
He's always "Establishing Dominance" over the aggressive dogs. Me and the GF are always watching and he says that a lot. Take it you've never watched?
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:29 PM
Teching In

Here is another story from almost a year ago. I shall list the Z28s mods for comparison purposes.

98 Z28: iron 6.0, cam, p&p TB, ported intake, full bolt on, True duals, 4200 stall, built 4L60E, 3.42s, Fiberglass cowl hood, alittle weight reduction, free mods, DRs, dyno tune and that's all I can remember.

Here's a alittle different style.....

Frossty was heading home from the conclusion of the mini-golf game. Reaper had gone on ahead of him because Frossty drives too slow for him, lol. Anyway Frossty is on a 2-lane approaching the point where it opens up to a 4-lane and he notices headlights on the opposite side of the road sitting still. As he get closer, he sees red halos and knows it's Reaper. As Frossty draws nearer, Reaper swings around behind him in the left lane while Frossty is in the right lane. Frossty slows. Reaper catches up and is now beside him. Windows already down, "Is there anything wrong?" Frossty asks. Reaper's engine roars louder in response and his intentions are clear. Frossty understands the gesture, accepts and comes to a stop. No traffic anywhere, just Reaper, him and open road.

Needle showing 2500rpms. Just enough to grip and launch without blowing tires out. Reaper sits ready. Honk, honk, honk. Like the bell at a boxing match, these two go into battle. Both leave perfectly together. Almost angerly though, Frossty immediately pulls half a car. Both cars full throttle, giving each other all their engines have to offer. Frossty is still slowly pulling. One car now, he watches his RPMs rise and at 6500, he hits 2nd gear. Reaper with all his might is still falling behind. 2 cars now. Frossty is not letting up. His intent, to establish dominance. 2.5, 3 cars. Reaper can't seem to stop Frossty's pull. Again Frossty sees 6500 and goes to the next gear. No mercy for his opponent. 3.5, 4 cars now and Frossty is still pulling. 4.5-5 cars and the match is over. In a mere few seconds, a victor emerges. Frossty wins. But Reaper is not satisfied. Frossty slows back down and Reaper pulls back to his side. Reaper lets out another battle cry from a down shift, and another, and another. He's now in 1st challenging Frossty again. Frossty again accepts. Both now in 1st. Frossty sitting at about 3000. Again the bell sounds 3 times and the battle begins again. Frossty doesn't pull on Reaper like the first time. Reaper is putting up more of a fight this time. Frossty is confident though Reaper will go down. As his RPMs climb, so does his might and he begins walking away from Reaper. 6500 now and on to 2nd. Half a car, 3/4, now a full car and it's done. Frossty calls the match as they were running out of road. The battle is again over and a victor is clear. Thumbs up from both contestants show good sportsmanship from each as they then go on their own way home....................until the next time.

Nice read!
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:35 PM
Teching In

He's always "Establishing Dominance" over the aggressive dogs. Me and the GF are always watching and he says that a lot. Take it you've never watched?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeJmf...eature=related
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChevSSCamaro67
Damn work filters. Judging by your avatar I'm gonna venture a guess and say its the "Tssst" episode.
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:45 PM
Teching In

Damn work filters. Judging by your avatar I'm gonna venture a guess and say its the "Tssst" episode.
I'm not being aggressive, I'm being doooominant.
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

You seriously have me confused with someone else.
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Oh, not really, lol. I might have to now, haha

Originally Posted by ChevyGirl97
Nice read!
Sank you berry muchos...............mam!
Old 07-06-2009 | 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

You seriously have me confused with someone else.
lol... I got into an E-pissing match with this dude on youtube that put a few videos up of some slow imports and was reping his car club! I told him his car club was gay so he told me he was going to dust me in his 97 Cobra... I told him that he would need alot more then a 97 Cobra to dust me and then he told me that he got some huge motor that he was about to put into it and have him running 8's! I told him he must be talking about a 1/8 mile track
Old 07-06-2009 | 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

lol... I got into an E-pissing match with this dude on youtube that put a few videos up of some slow imports and was reping his car club! I told him his car club was gay so he told me he was going to dust me in his 97 Cobra... I told him that he would need alot more then a 97 Cobra to dust me and then he told me that he got some huge motor that he was about to put into it and have him running 8's! I told him he must be talking about a 1/8 mile track
Try not to argue with retards on youtube. Most don't know anything about the cars they're talking about... even the ones that actually own the car. I met another Cobra owner who took the air filter out of his car because someone told him it would run faster. Needless to say it ran like
Old 07-06-2009 | 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Where did he say it wasn't for that matter? Which is probably why I asked him what his mods were...

FAIL!
Well like others have said. Give the OP a chance to respond before you run your mouth. Ive got $500.00 That says he will YANK this.....

1997 Cobra.. 3.73's, C&L true flow inlet, UPR X-pipe,U/D pullies and american thunder catback.

13.256 @ 106.7mph 1/4mile, 8.422 @ 84.37 1/8th mile 2.18 60ft.

Anyway you want to go dig or roll!
Old 07-06-2009 | 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tommy68n1
Well like others have said. Give the OP a chance to respond before you run your mouth. Ive got $500.00 That says he will YANK this.....

1997 Cobra.. 3.73's, C&L true flow inlet, UPR X-pipe,U/D pullies and american thunder catback.

13.256 @ 106.7mph 1/4mile, 8.422 @ 84.37 1/8th mile 2.18 60ft.

Anyway you want to go dig or roll!

You've got $500? Wow I'm so happy for you!
Let me know when you work out all the logistics for getting this race to happen since we all live in different states