Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S.F. sheriff's deputy dies in street race

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks familiar. I spent some time stationed out of Kuwait in 06, and I've seen many bad accidents there. For a country of only 400k, there are more accidents there than almost any other place in the world. That picture looks like it was taken headed down towards arifjan on 40.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fatbum
More people die in their own bathtubs a year then by streetracing. So I guess no one "should" take baths.
Nice statement... Didnt think that one thru did ya?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
yea, your not kidding. You can't kill other people while taking a bath.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

This is sad. And the truth is something like this could happen to ANY one of us! If we just happen to have a blowout at high speeds, or run across that one little pot hole in the road that was position perfectly inline with our tire it could be all over with. It's just that simple. That's why I do not street race under any circumstances any longer. It's just not worth it!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:05 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

More people die in their own bathtubs a year then by streetracing. So I guess no one "should" take baths.
Comparing street racing to taking baths eh?

The whole point of me saying that was....we have younger members here and they need a reminder sometimes (as well as all of us) that street racing is dangerous and illegal. Relax and take a warm bath, but do be careful.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon 383
This is sad. And the truth is something like this could happen to ANY one of us! If we just happen to have a blowout at high speeds, or run across that one little pot hole in the road that was position perfectly inline with our tire it could be all over with. It's just that simple. That's why I do not street race under any circumstances any longer. It's just not worth it!
I am getting to that point myself. I never thought it would happen.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I am getting to that point myself. I never thought it would happen.
It's not what it use to be. Back in the days you never heard of anyone harming themselves or anyone else. Now days it seems like it happens all the time.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Demon 383
It's not what it use to be. Back in the days you never heard of anyone harming themselves or anyone else. Now days it seems like it happens all the time.
HAHA... In "THOSE DAYS" my 12 second ASTRO-VAN (Lingenfelter 383... shhhh.)
was a solid 12 second ride on a 125 shot and literally almost unbeatable on the street.

Today a 12.50 ride is a joke (but can kill you LOTS faster than a 14.9 Monte SS.) and the cars are much more capable weapons.

I had a 400whp Camaro over a year and didn't get in one "True" like in the old days street race with it. Lots of little 30-70 jaunts but that's all. I have since sold it and now jock a Mitsu EVO shitbox...

No races with that one either as of yet. (12.59@109) BUT I'M ALWAYS LOOKING!

My condolences to the family of the officer.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nickate
HAHA... In "THOSE DAYS" my 12 second ASTRO-VAN (Lingenfelter 383... shhhh.)
was a solid 12 second ride on a 125 shot and literally almost unbeatable on the street.

Today a 12.50 ride is a joke (but can kill you LOTS faster than a 14.9 Monte SS.) and the cars are much more capable weapons.

I had a 400whp Camaro over a year and didn't get in one "True" like in the old days street race with it. Lots of little 30-70 jaunts but that's all. I have since sold it and now jock a Mitsu EVO shitbox...

No races with that one either as of yet. (12.59@109) BUT I'M ALWAYS LOOKING!

My condolences to the family of the officer.
Wow, a 12-second Astro Van! Talk about the ultimate sleeper.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

in the comments section on the article of the crash online were, of course, a couple of disparagements of american cars/camaros.
so to shut down those snobs i did a quick web search and posted the link to a R&T multi-car comparo where they looped the track faster in the camaro than a BMW M roadster.
the magazines may not be perfect, but they work quite well in slapping sense into the yuppies.

and my condolences go out as well.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened right down the street from my house. My whole city lost power. It's crazy because his friend lives right around the corner from my house and he was always there.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sad story, glad to see the other street racer came forward to help with the investigation.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok how about this ....... more people get killed from suvs having accidents at 50 mph then street racers going any speed.

So we shouldnt allow people to drive suvs over 50? Is it sad.....Yes. Is it tragic yes. Does it even measure on the grand scale of accidental deaths? Probably not. A much better argument would be against the sale of alcohol. If you want to save lives, give up the alcohol and abolish smoking, both kill innocent people.

Street racing is like have one black widow under the house, and the others are like having 10k ants in you kitchen.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Did you guys watch the video? The ad before the footage is a mitsu commercial with a guy street racing, going around corners on 3 wheels. Ironic...or planned?? lol
Old 07-18-2009, 05:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
This happened right down the street from my house. My whole city lost power. It's crazy because his friend lives right around the corner from my house and he was always there.
well if you get the chance tell him/them/whoever that we of LS1TECH send our best to his family and friends
Old 07-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Teching In

+1

Very hard to conceptualize how a family deals with that kind of loss.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
More people die from normal driving, drunk driving and driving while on a cell phone then street racing.

Better for ya?

I race on empty highways. If I die, that's my problem. If the guy im racing kills me, that's also my problem. I know the risk. Sounds like this dude was racing in a secluded place. People who race in thick traffic are retards.

There is a way to be safe about things and then again not... its the individuals who need to be responsible for their actions. I could care less about two people racing on an empty highway at 2:00am. In fact, I would appreciate the fact that they are being courteous to every other driver.

Those groups that hold races on secluded old back roads are fine with me too, the bystanders standing on the sidelines watching know the risk of being there, everyone has seen the videos (but how many events take place without any mishaps?). If a driver losses control and kills people watching the race, that's their problem. They weighed the risk and chose to stand there. It's common knowledge you can get run over standing on the sidelines.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

More people die from normal driving, drunk driving and driving while on a cell phone then street racing.

Better for ya?

I race on empty highways. If I die, that's my problem. If the guy im racing kills me, that's also my problem. I know the risk. Sounds like this dude was racing in a secluded place. People who race in thick traffic are retards.

There is a way to be safe about things and then again not... its the individuals who need to be responsible for their actions. I could care less about two people racing on an empty highway at 2:00am. In fact, I would appreciate the fact that they are being courteous to every other driver.

Those groups that hold races on secluded old back roads are fine with me too, the bystanders standing on the sidelines watching know the risk of being there, everyone has seen the videos (but how many events take place without any mishaps?). If a driver losses control and kills people watching the race, that's their problem. They weighed the risk and chose to stand there. It's common knowledge you can get run over standing on the sidelines.
All 100% correct. BUT, there is somebody out there who is lazy and worthless enough to want something for nothing and theyll sue your *** off. The quality of people in this day and age has dropped so dramaticly.......
Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1320
ok how about this ....... more people get killed from suvs having accidents at 50 mph then street racers going any speed.
It's not about the number, but the ratios. I bet there are more people who race getting killed (at a higher ratio) than those owning SUVs.

Sad about the story though.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

My question is why they were racing down a two lane curved road?

Quick Reply: S.F. sheriff's deputy dies in street race