Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S.F. sheriff's deputy dies in street race

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
My question is why they were racing down a two lane curved road?
My thoughts exactly. Without trying to sound like and ***, that road didn't really seem like the best place to race.

Now, WE HAVE ALL BEEN in a situation where a car lines up with you and you are on the WRONG street and still punch until traffic forces you to get on the binders. But, there are just some spots that I just dont race.

Again, does anyone here know exactly what happened for the race to end this way? It would seem, since the road is curved, that there could of been a ill timed powershift, the tail got out and he wrapped it up on that pole.

Honestly, the older I get (29) the more and more of this stuff I see and the more the idea of taking if off the streets seems like a smart idea. I would say that lately, besides those impulsive racing moments we all have, I have been going to the races and if anything, watch a race that is going on and not really get in on it unless its with a group that I trust.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by obZidian
with a group that I trust.
That is what I was waiting for, I do not like slabbing through traffic rather we tend to go up to an old old 4 lane road and race responsibly if that is possible.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by obZidian
Again, does anyone here know exactly what happened for the race to end this way? It would seem, since the road is curved, that there could of been a ill timed powershift, the tail got out and he wrapped it up on that pole.
Thats what it looks like, the tracks through the dirt support it too. although with the impact energy to the car it suggests he was really movin, like 80mph+.
My vote is was going so fast he just couldnt hold the corner, rear end came around and pow pow chicken.

Quick Reply: S.F. sheriff's deputy dies in street race