Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

real kill...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default real kill...

Well, this is one of the real kill stories and hopefully will remind everybody to be carefull on the road. I was driving to work today at 9:30am on I-10 in Tucson and right behind me was what looked like a silver Grand Prix. I have no idea what the guy was thinking, but all of a sudden he decided to move from the middle into the left lane. He didn't notice the truck that was right next to him in that left lane. That is untill it was a little late. So I saw him turning the front wheels sharply to the right and the Grand Prix swerving back into the middle lane. He avoided the truck, unfortunately in a process he also lost traction. I observed in my rear view mirror as the guy corrected to the left and right 3 or 4 times and for a moment it seemed that he was able to get back on in control. Unfortunately the last correction was too much. Even more unfortunate was the fact that right in this area the guardrail starts (I-10 between exit 250 and 251 for those familiar with the area). Everybody saw the guardrail. Sometimes those have special metal things on them, this on didn't. The Grand Prix was going perpendicular to the road at this time and hit the rail end directly with, I believe, his front passenger door. All I could say was "ah, sh$t". I just hope there was no passenger in that car. Even for the driver.. I'm pretty sure this older model don't have side airbags.. I doubt they would help anyway... ..I don't know about the steel beams in the door ..so, that's what happened and so, please, everybody, make sure you know what you are doing when you are behind that wheel...
Old 11-18-2003, 12:06 AM
STF Veteran

My prayers go out to all involved, and I hope all are okay.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

my prayers are with him and his family, and i hope he made it out ok.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

ditto
Old 11-19-2003, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont pray, but hey hope hes ok
Old 11-19-2003, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah im the same not too religious... but man i hope they are all right... he was prolly changing lanes just using his door mounted rear view mirror... never checking his blind spot.
every one acuses me of driving wrecklessly but in my mind the more i lern in a wet parking lot the better off ill be if the back end does decide to step around on me.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

i started going to church after i lost my best friend friend in the world and his girl friend. thought i would try to figure some things out through god, so i returned to church.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Bronco, sorry to hear that. That musta been really hard. I have been a regular church goer since I was a little kid and didnt have a choice. I still go regularly when I am at home. I find it helps to have faith when you are going through some rough times.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah, and i feel bad it came to that for me to go to church, but man it is tough to be a paul bearer (sp?) for your own best friend. ill post some pics of the things we built. we put together to 700hp 67 and 71 chevelles, and a 71 chevy truck reg cab LWB from the ground up. not to mention my stang and bronco. miss him a lot, but everything happens for a reason.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:25 AM
STF Veteran

I volunteered for "Funeral Detail" in the Army twice.
Most honorable thing one can do, lay to rest a fellow comrade in arms.
The 21 gun salute's always the hardest part to tolerate.
It usually snaps the widow out of her daze, and they start to ball.
Also layed to rest/ pallbearer for my closest aunt, and one grandmother.
I know how you feel Bronco.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah i just felt so strange doin all of that, especially since it happend this past january of 2003. i was only 17 and experiencing this. Weird when you thought you would never lose your best friend who you would build cars with till you die. its cool though, life has to keep on rollin, and i still keep up his truck. im getting ready to rewire the whole thing, cause when we did it the first time, we did not do it right. i got a painless wiring system to do the truck!
Old 11-19-2003, 01:03 PM
STF Veteran

Wow, that's cool. I'd want my little bro to take care of the phoenix. Me and him are real tight. I think he'd be offended if my best friend had it. But just my situation, not talkn' bout yours.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to here about your loss big bronco.
i was forced to church every morining. my mom was a fanatic. i started looking around and i ralized that the religion thing wasent for me.. i like religions for the genral out line but i dissagee with the idea of beliving in what some one tells me to. id rather live my life and be the best person i can keep what i belive in with me every day in my heart and in my mind. and if some one damnds me for all eturnity for that... so be it...
i guess i would go to a church regularly if i found a religion that agrees totaly with me.... havent found one yet.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:58 PM
STF Veteran

I had, and still have religion because "there's no aetheists(sp?) in foxholes."
I fortunately missed the plane to Iraq when my boys deployed.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

im just wondering, phoenix, but how did that happen? you can PM me if you do not want it to be in the thread.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:32 PM
STF Veteran

PM sent.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

see thats kinda what makes me weard in this whole thing i belive in the big points but i dont like most religions because they are so one minded, homosexuals are bad, abortions are bad.... that type stuff..i feel that most religions are person based and not speritually centered
Old 11-19-2003, 11:38 PM
TECH Junkie

I hear ya cudaeh. After years of catholic religious classes that I had to take in addition to going to church, I finally decided it wasnt for me. So, I got confirmed in my fathers church (presbyterian). It was for me, but I still believe some things that arent in that religion either. I feel that whatever you believe in is what is right for you. So, I have some of my own beliefs, but I still have my church. Im just very open minded about the whole religion thing. Plus it makes it so that I cant really be "wrong" and I hate that happens(though, Im almost ALWAYS right. hehe)