Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs. 99-04 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh how the tables will soon turn. the trick flow twisted wedge 2 valve heads are out and they are making some serious steam. word is (i have it on good authority) that the trick flow heads are worth 60 rwhp over a ported to the gills factory pi head. soon you will start to see some scary 2 valves rolling around. hell my buddys car makes 700 rwhp with ported pi heads and an f1a (built motor with cams, intake and meth). i hear that the ported trick flow 2 valve heads also flow more cfm than a stock cobra "c" head.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
oh how the tables will soon turn. the trick flow twisted wedge 2 valve heads are out and they are making some serious steam. word is (i have it on good authority) that the trick flow heads are worth 60 rwhp over a ported to the gills factory pi head. soon you will start to see some scary 2 valves rolling around. hell my buddys car makes 700 rwhp with ported pi heads and an f1a (built motor with cams, intake and meth). i hear that the ported trick flow 2 valve heads also flow more cfm than a stock cobra "c" head.
It's about time, i'd honestly like to witness a fast N/A 2 valve. That's good news for my cousin with his stroked cammed ect. ect. 4.6 that made 315-320rwhp. He'd be close to the 400's with those maybe in the 400's with a different tune. I did read about those i'm going to have to let him know about them and talk him into getting them. He was pretty dissappointed in the performance in his 4.6 so much so he's driven the car like 5 times in the last 3 years the motor isn't even hardly broken in yet. It would be nice to see his car actually perform the way it should after he spent all the money.

Still impressive for a 2V. Without the extra weight you never know how it would have went down
I fail to see how that's impressive cause there was a power adder involved against an N/A car and it still lost. Lets add my power adder end of story.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by 89tang
It's about time, i'd honestly like to witness a fast N/A 2 valve.
I agree.

I fail to see how that's impressive cause there was a power adder involved against an N/A car and it still lost. Lets add my power adder end of story.
In the spirit of fun we can continue this debate We'll assume 200 lbs each for the guys which means he had an extra 600 lbs. If he was right on your *** like you say then that puts him ahead of you without passengers. Due to the fact that 2 valves suck up to this point in time (we'll see if that changes with the new heads), a 2 valve that beats a cammed LS1 is impressive. The power adder this and power adder that argument doesn't matter, it's run what you brung, doesn't matter how you go fast. As for your nitrous, if you had sprayed it then we wouldn't be having this conversation as you would have crushed them, but you didn't, and it's too late to pull that trigger now

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 07-30-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I agree.

In the spirit of fun we can continue this debate We'll assume 200 lbs each for the guys which means he had an extra 600 lbs. If he was right on your *** like you say then that puts him ahead of you without passengers. Due to the fact that 2 valves suck up to this point in time (we'll see if that changes with the new heads), a 2 valve that beats a cammed LS1 is impressive. The power adder this and power adder that argument doesn't matter, it's run what you brung, doesn't matter how you go fast. As for your nitrous, if you had sprayed it then we wouldn't be having this conversation as you would have crushed them, but you didn't, and it's too late to pull that trigger now
Since when does a power adder not have any significance? I agree with the whole run what you brung thing in a sense but how does something that can tag on 100+whp xtra not matter? I'm noticing i'm hearing that statement a lot from the new kids these days.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Teching In

was it as fast as this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdtm63R_fuc
Old 07-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Teching In

So like a medium heavy set group of guys . . . . were they mexican? cause if they were they were prob packing burritos. . . . . . .
Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama
So like a medium heavy set group of guys . . . . were they mexican? cause if they were they were prob packing burritos. . . . . . .
I laughed out loud in my cubicle after reading that...
Old 07-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Launching!

I agree.

But they still didn't win LOL the fact of the matter is they were still behind me not gaining any ground on me. If there was only one guy in the car it would have been different and there would have been a whole different conversation saying a mustang beat me N/A but i beat him on spray lol. Just as you said to late for him he lost to a cammed LS1 in his modded stang.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

So if I say I beat a busa from a roll but the rider and passenger weighed 500lbs each, you would agree that my car is faster?
Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Since when does a power adder not have any significance? I agree with the whole run what you brung thing in a sense but how does something that can tag on 100+whp xtra not matter? I'm noticing i'm hearing that statement a lot from the new kids these days.
I think what he was trying to say is. 400rwhp, is 400rwhp. Getting N/A or Fi doesn't matter. Power is power. Which is still debatable. I agree that power is power, and power band is where it makes more of a difference. But some disagree, adn that's fine.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
So if I say I beat a busa from a roll but the rider and passenger weighed 500lbs each, you would agree that my car is faster?
That's a tad different everyone know's a busa is fast, no one know's of 2v's being fast. I know exactly what he's talking about with the weight yes it was a fast 2v i never said it wasn't but he's telling me run what you brung etc. and i won the race lol. Same goes for the 2v if he wanted to win he should have ran without passangers but he still wouldn't have won cause all i had to do was flip the nitrous switch. A win is a win
Old 07-30-2009, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

I agree.

In the spirit of fun we can continue this debate We'll assume 200 lbs each for the guys which means he had an extra 600 lbs. If he was right on your *** like you say then that puts him ahead of you without passengers.. Due to the fact that 2 valves suck up to this point in time (we'll see if that changes with the new heads), a 2 valve that beats a cammed LS1 is impressive. The power adder this and power adder that argument doesn't matter, it's run what you brung, doesn't matter how you go fast. As for your nitrous, if you had sprayed it then we wouldn't be having this conversation as you would have crushed them, but you didn't, and it's too late to pull that trigger now
Well isn't that the same as you saying run what you brung?
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I think what he was trying to say is. 400rwhp, is 400rwhp. Getting N/A or Fi doesn't matter. Power is power. Which is still debatable. I agree that power is power, and power band is where it makes more of a difference. But some disagree, adn that's fine.
Pretty much. I see it like this:
I read an article about a 2V GT all built up with an F1 blower. The car made around 600 rwhp. To me a built V8 with an F1 making 600 rwhp is not impressive. However, a 1999-2004 GT making 600 rwhp is impressive. See what I'm saying? You can tear apart every build and analyze each piece to figure out who has the most "impressive" build and that's fine, but in a random street race where you really don't know for sure what's done you have to take it for what it is. In my book a 2V GT with about 600 extra lbs of passengers that can hang with a cammed LS1 is impressive. How it got there may be another story
Old 07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Launching!

EXACTLY that's what i'm trying to say.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:19 PM

I know exactly what he's talking about with the weight yes it was a fast 2v i never said it wasn't
That's all I was getting at. As far as the run what you brung, it was my way of saying to spray the ***** off it next time

I'm really just breaking ***** (as I have been from my first post when I was 100% joking) but it's always fun to debate.

It's a bit easier to just flip a switch and hit the nitrous than it is to kick your friends out of the car while driving down the road

Why does it matter how you made the power? Adding a heads/cam package to an LS1 adds 100 rwhp, but it's not technically a power adder. Does that mean the power from it is somehow better or worse than 100 rwhp added from a blower?

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 07-30-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

so if the trickflow heads add 60 rwhp and it seems like a built 2v with ported heads now makes 325 rwhp thats a total of 385 rwhp. I dont think thats table turning kinda power. There's plenty of cam only LS1's making that and better, and almost any H/C LS1 would smoke a 385rwhp car.

Now add FI and its a different situation. Pretty much any car can be fast with a big *** turbo or supercharger on it.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Pretty much. I see it like this:
I read an article about a 2V GT all built up with an F1 blower. The car made around 600 rwhp. To me a built V8 with an F1 making 600 rwhp is not impressive. However, a 1999-2004 GT making 600 rwhp is impressive. See what I'm saying? You can tear apart every build and analyze each piece to figure out who has the most "impressive" build and that's fine, but in a random street race where you really don't know for sure what's done you have to take it for what it is. In my book a 2V GT with about 600 extra lbs of passengers that can hang with a cammed LS1 is impressive. How it got there may be another story
I'm saying it's not really that impressive cause he took him a poweradder to keep up or without weight to beat an N/A car, and adding power to a 2v in my experience isn't cost effective. You show me a modded 2v N/A that can keep up with a cammed bolton LS1 that will be impressive. Which it does look like that might be possible now.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Launching!

That's all I was getting at. As far as the run what you brung, it was my way of saying to spray the ***** off it next time

It's a bit easier to just flip a switch and hit the nitrous than it is to kick your friends out of the car while driving down the road
LOL says who pull over on the side of the road and say get your fat ***' out of my car i'm going to win

good fun though
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 PM

LOL says who pull over on the side of the road and say get your fat ***' out of my car i'm going to win
Notice I said it was easier to flip a switch than to kick your friends out, not that it was impossible to kick your friends out haha. I'm with you, though, I'd have booted them
Old 07-30-2009, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

What tables will turn? You think 385rwhp will put fear into the eyes of LSX owners?

Last edited by Demon 383; 07-30-2009 at 02:44 PM.